Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   play tennis with LeeD??!??? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449371)

mm916157 12-29-2012 07:15 PM

play tennis with LeeD??!???

I have not been active on this site for a few months, but you have given me a great deal of advice over the years here.

Thank you for that.

Next week I am finishing a move to oakland and want to play some games. I am a 4.0ish singles, doubles and mixed doubles player, so I guess that means I am not picky.

I am looking to set up regular games with any and all in the oakland, berkely sf area.

Happy new years!
MIke

sansaephanh 12-29-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mm916157 (Post 7086002)
I have not been active on this site for a few months, but you have given me a great deal of advice over the years here.

Thank you for that.

Next week I am finishing a move to oakland and want to play some games. I am a 4.0ish singles, doubles and mixed doubles player, so I guess that means I am not picky.

I am looking to set up regular games with any and all in the oakland, berkeley sf area.

Happy new years!
MIke

Go to the Washington Park courts in Alameda! Great courts by the beach that tons of Oaklandish folk such as my self tend to frequent. Also the Laney College courts in East Oakland. The security there is lax, but they will kick you off once in a while. The weekends are the best times to go to Laney. 90% of the people there are friendly and they usually play usta matches/pick up games in the morning. Starts clearing up around 3-5pm.

Hope to see you around mike!

LeeD 01-01-2013 07:17 AM

Hey MIke...
I"ve been in PuertoRico for the last 2 weeks, another week coming.
Will be back on the 6th of Jan.
I live in SanPablo, just E of Richmond, and usually play noon pickup doubles at RoseGarden in Berkeley at Eunice and Euclid.
But lately, the good player's drifted away, so have been going to SanPabloPark at Oregon and a couple blocks E of SanPabloAve. in Berkeley...better pickup players.
My cell is 510=902=1702 I think, since I've never called it.
Will be great to hit or play. I'm a strong 4.0 in strokes, but have ankle problems and run like an old fart...hopping off my left foot like a hobbler. But I can play singles or doubles no problem.
I'll recall this post when I get home. Hope to hit with you and get something going.
Domond Lee

LeeD 01-01-2013 09:39 AM

As said, Alameda and Laney, if you live out toward there.
Close to home, possibly Davies Courts, and 60th and Racine (Telegraph) for pickup tennis.
Most of the guys at SanPablo courts are local, but a few from Oakland. There, you'll see some fellow TW forum members.

JoeR 01-01-2013 08:25 PM

Speaking of hitting with local TW folks... I'm hoping to meet up with some of you bay area folks in 2013.

Travel safely Lee and looking forward to hobbling around the courts with you in 2013!

TomT 01-01-2013 09:51 PM

LeeD (and anybody else for that matter), come to Fort Lauderdale and hit with me. It's quite beautiful tennis weather here in the winter. Would make my year to hit with a prominent TT poster. :) There's one more or less local person (but still sort of far away) who has contacted me and who I will eventually hit with and post some videos of our encounter here on TT. But would certainly love to hit with some of the more or less 'legendary' TT posters such as LeeD.

mm916157 01-02-2013 01:21 PM

Thanks guys. I

sureshs 01-02-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 7090274)
Hey MIke...
I"ve been in PuertoRico for the last 2 weeks, another week coming.
Will be back on the 6th of Jan.
I live in SanPablo, just E of Richmond, and usually play noon pickup doubles at RoseGarden in Berkeley at Eunice and Euclid.
But lately, the good player's drifted away, so have been going to SanPabloPark at Oregon and a couple blocks E of SanPabloAve. in Berkeley...better pickup players.
My cell is 510=902=1702 I think, since I've never called it.
Will be great to hit or play. I'm a strong 4.0 in strokes, but have ankle problems and run like an old fart...hopping off my left foot like a hobbler. But I can play singles or doubles no problem.
I'll recall this post when I get home. Hope to hit with you and get something going.
Domond Lee

If you look up the settings menu, you can find out the phone number of your phone

LuckyR 01-03-2013 11:12 AM

Screw that. I'd rather go surfing with Lee. Or if I was single, go double dating with him.

BTW delete your phone number from this thread and private message it instead.

sureshs 01-03-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyR (Post 7095305)
Screw that. I'd rather go surfing with Lee. Or if I was single, go double dating with him.

BTW delete your phone number from this thread and private message it instead.

I have told him that before. He doesn't care. His life is an open book.

arche3 01-03-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7095362)
I have told him that before. He doesn't care. His life is an open book.

Lee doesnt know how to answer his phone anyways.

Thepowerofchoice 01-03-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomT (Post 7091887)
LeeD (and anybody else for that matter), come to Fort Lauderdale and hit with me. It's quite beautiful tennis weather here in the winter. Would make my year to hit with a prominent TT poster. :) There's one more or less local person (but still sort of far away) who has contacted me and who I will eventually hit with and post some videos of our encounter here on TT. But would certainly love to hit with some of the more or less 'legendary' TT posters such as LeeD.

I am going to check out Sarasota, Fl in a few weeks and kicking around the idea of relocating there. Do you or anyone knows the tennis life down there?

TomT 01-03-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thepowerofchoice (Post 7095926)
I am going to check out Sarasota, Fl in a few weeks and kicking around the idea of relocating there. Do you or anyone knows the tennis life down there?

I don't know anything about Sarasota. But I recall seeing Sarasota in somebody's sig here on TT. Forget who. Big help huh? :)

If you're ever coming to the Fort Lauderdale area, then I can offer some suggestions.

the hack 01-03-2013 07:09 PM

live to hit, hit to live

TomT, I posted you on a different thread about coming to Florida and then I found this one. I would like to come to Florida to play tennis and my wife wants to check out the beaches. What would you advise for a good tennis vacation.

LeeD 01-09-2013 02:53 PM

Thought I'd update this thread....
Got back Tuesday night, stunk up the courts today at RoseGarden, finding no rythum with the guys who chop and dink ...but beat my partner to death.
My phone is 510-501-1702 it appears. Seems the guy at OReilly's auto parts can search it right up.
I'm ready to play, and laugh if you must.

LeeD 01-14-2013 01:24 PM

Just updating this thread, if anyone around EastBay of SanFrancisco wants to hit.
Been going to SanPabloPark lately, for some decent 3.5-4.0 level doubles around mid day.

JoeR 01-15-2013 01:23 PM

Lee... I should be ready for a bit of doubles next week.

LeeD 01-15-2013 01:39 PM

Cool...hope it doesn't rain. Big disturbance out W of here right now.
We can go MWF at RoseGarden at noon, or go most any day at SanPabloPark from 10 on. Mostly 3.5-4.2 level doubles, but pickup, you never know what you get.
I'm mostly free except Tueday 10-12, that's my gardening day for spending money.

sansaephanh 01-15-2013 04:52 PM

Yeah if anyone wants to hit let me know! i usually get saturday off. I'm trying to find my tennis again if anyone wants to help.

LeeD 01-15-2013 05:17 PM

I'm more a weekday player, but have a scant hour to hit on Sat. near SanPabloPark. Been getting a set or two in, then gotta go.
You should drop by there around 9 thru noon. Nice 3.5 to 4.0 doubles pickup tennis, mostly cool guys and gals, but seldom see better players that early. I think the good guys come out later in the afternoon.
There's 6 courts, usually 3 with rotating doubles going on, so chances of rotating in are pretty good if you can wait 1/2 hour.
I'll be there around 10:15, but gotta leave by 11:30.
Since I don't work, it's mostly weekday tennis for me.