Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Wanted: Hitting partner (3.0 ish) in Belmont, San Mateo? (Bay Area) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449481)

ductrung3993 12-31-2012 07:31 AM

Wanted: Hitting partner (3.0 ish) in Belmont, San Mateo? (Bay Area)

Hey there,

So I'm just moving into the states and thus wanna find a hitting partner. I believe that I was a 3.0 but I havent hit for while now and have gone through some injuries so I might play quite worse than that.

For my preferences, I want some one who's serious about their games (i.e doing drills, proper warm up and passionate about improving), not one that just want to bash the ball mindlessly. And please be patient and easy going as well, dont scream at yourself or me haha.

My email is trung.td.nguyen[at]gmail.com. Thank you all for reading and I'm sorry if my writing is confusing as I'm typing this in a hurry. Happy hitting!

JoeR 12-31-2012 10:03 AM

Trung,

Would you be open to meeting up in SF to play?

There are some great little hidden courts in Potrero Hill which I drive down to about once a month.

ductrung3993 01-04-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeR (Post 7089089)
Trung,

Would you be open to meeting up in SF to play?

There are some great little hidden courts in Potrero Hill which I drive down to about once a month.

Hi, were you the one that emailed me? If yes, I have just replied you. Sorry for the late answer, new year holiday has indeed distracted me. :)

Yaz 01-04-2013 04:53 PM

Check out the courts at College of San Mateo on weekends around 10ish. Nice group of guys there and good spot for pick up games. Good variety of players all the way up to some 4.5s

iyudhi 01-05-2013 03:35 PM

I assume public is okay to use the courts as well? Is it easy to find open courts?

Btw I live in Fremont but wouldn't mind driving a bit during weekends to play..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 7098359)
Check out the courts at College of San Mateo on weekends around 10ish. Nice group of guys there and good spot for pick up games. Good variety of players all the way up to some 4.5s

Yaz 01-06-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iyudhi (Post 7100180)
I assume public is okay to use the courts as well? Is it easy to find open courts?

Btw I live in Fremont but wouldn't mind driving a bit during weekends to play..

Yes I've played at CSM on weekdays and weekends and they have always been open to the public. There are about 5-6 courts so rarely have had to wait long for a court. Depending on your level there are a bunch of guys that play at Veteran's Memorial Park in union city which is a little closer to home for you but they start pretty early, like around 7:30ish. On weekends the best guys there are probably around mid to high 4.0s

ductrung3993 01-13-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaz (Post 7098359)

Thank you, I will check it out for sure!

/ Just got back in the bay, it's so c....o....l....d here!

West Coast Ace 01-15-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 (Post 7117006)
/ Just got back in the bay, it's so c....o....l....d here!

Dude, it was 43 down here in the So Cal South Bay Sunday at sunrise.

Sorry to hear you're still searching for people to hit with. Might want to go into some tennis pro shops and see if they have any good ideas.

LeeD 01-15-2013 03:53 PM

Twas 29 at the top of the cul de sac 2 blocks from my house in SanPablo, at 9AM.
Cold spell should start to break now.
Was great playing over the weekend in temps around 48. Just like old times, as I was raised in the SunsetDistrict of SanFrancisco.

ductrung3993 01-16-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Coast Ace (Post 7123512)
Dude, it was 43 down here in the So Cal South Bay Sunday at sunrise.

Sorry to hear you're still searching for people to hit with. Might want to go into some tennis pro shops and see if they have any good ideas.

dang,....

It's 33 here though, definitely didnt expect that when i come back. And since I'm having sore throad and a bad shoulder now, the cold is just killing me...

Anyway thanks for the nice words mate, I'll definitely try that :)

Yaz 01-22-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 (Post 7124924)
dang,....

It's 33 here though, definitely didnt expect that when i come back. And since I'm having sore throad and a bad shoulder now, the cold is just killing me...

Anyway thanks for the nice words mate, I'll definitely try that :)

try Craigslist and search for tennis in the activities section. It's a bit of a crapshoot but at least you'll meet some new players and start to build your network. Also check out a site called oneclicktennis...it's kind of like an online ladder where you can challenge people.

LeeD 01-24-2013 12:50 PM

Funny ding....
After that cold snap last week, temps down to 50 at 3PM, it got warm by the end of the week....mid 50's.
I DIED just hitting with some lower level players, sweating and huffing and puffing. Couldn't wait for sub 50's again to play.
Some players like 90+ temps.
I like sub 50's.

grolson1993 02-05-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 (Post 7088851)
Hey there,

So I'm just moving into the states and thus wanna find a hitting partner. I believe that I was a 3.0 but I havent hit for while now and have gone through some injuries so I might play quite worse than that.

For my preferences, I want some one who's serious about their games (i.e doing drills, proper warm up and passionate about improving), not one that just want to bash the ball mindlessly. And please be patient and easy going as well, dont scream at yourself or me haha.

My email is trung.td.nguyen[at]gmail.com. Thank you all for reading and I'm sorry if my writing is confusing as I'm typing this in a hurry. Happy hitting!

Do you ever come into the city? There are these awesome courts in forest hill area that i hit at a fair amount. Shoot me an email and maybe we can work something out.

LeeD 02-05-2013 06:42 PM

ForestHills...
I guess I"m not city folk. Lived there from '49 thru '85, played tennis from '74 thru '85.
I can't think of where it is. Rich district, for sure. Must be up from the SunsetDistrict. I spent '57 thru '85 at 45th and Santiago. Could it be near Hoover at the top of Taraval?
Maybe a little S towards WestPortal?
I like to think I kinda knew the City, and was a taxi driver from '78 thru 83.
Is it top of 7th Ave.? Like just down the hill from JuvenileHallDetention?
I'm stumped. Maybe the E facing side of 14th and Quintara?
I really don't remember! And besides that one court next to WestPortalTunnel, I'm stumped for courts besides Clarendon.
Old age has it's drawbacks, and memory is one of them.