Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Asics (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449553)

T.P3D0R 01-01-2013 11:22 AM

Asics

I've generally had knee issues with shoes, having played with Barricades & Ballistics. Once I switched to Asics Resolution 4s, the knee pains subsided. The pain is starting to come back after consistent play, but definitely not as bad as before. The shoes have been used well, approaching time for a outsole warranty replacement.

Are any shoes better in terms of comfort? Or would a fresh pair of Asics be the best bet?

mctennis 01-01-2013 09:29 PM

Asics would be the best replacement. I have also had good luck with some of the Nike Air Max series. They change the last name all the time so the ones I have now would not be available. I bought 6 pair as they discontinued them at close out prices. I got tired of trying on crummy feeling and poor support shoes that are being made. Really cheap feeling IMO. My daughter has knee issues and uses Asics as well. Nothing else feels as good to her.

srvnvly 01-02-2013 05:56 AM

I switched to the K-Swiss Big Shots, after the AGR4 Fail, and they were just ok. I just ordered the 5s, though, and I am wearing a worn-down pair of 3s and they still feel good!

T.P3D0R 01-02-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvnvly (Post 7092176)
I switched to the K-Swiss Big Shots, after the AGR4 Fail, and they were just ok. I just ordered the 5s, though, and I am wearing a worn-down pair of 3s and they still feel good!

I have never used the resolution 3s... How was gR4 a fail?

srvnvly 01-02-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.P3D0R (Post 7093319)
I have never used the resolution 3s... How was gR4 a fail?

The 4s failed because of the fit and lack of stability. My beat up 3a are better then brand new 4s. I think I'm in the vocal minority in my opinion of the AGR4, but I'm hopeful for the 5s and time will tell.

eidolonshinobi 01-02-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvnvly (Post 7093831)
The 4s failed because of the fit and lack of stability. My beat up 3a are better then brand new 4s. I think I'm in the vocal minority in my opinion of the AGR4, but I'm hopeful for the 5s and time will tell.

I found the fit to be similar as asics used the same mold, they added more durability to places like the toe guard. I loved the GR3s and GR4s...hopefully they don't mess it up with the GR5s

Tyler91 01-03-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.P3D0R (Post 7090580)
I've generally had knee issues with shoes, having played with Barricades & Ballistics. Once I switched to Asics Resolution 4s, the knee pains subsided. The pain is starting to come back after consistent play, but definitely not as bad as before. The shoes have been used well, approaching time for a outsole warranty replacement.

Are any shoes better in terms of comfort? Or would a fresh pair of Asics be the best bet?

I love the GR4 and eager to try the GR5. Nike Vapor 9 is also very comfortable with a lot of cushion, IMO...might be worth a try if you're looking for a soft shoe.

T.P3D0R 01-07-2013 08:11 PM

Vapors appear to have a good following. They are, however, very expensive for a shoe that doesn't include a 6 mo. sole warranty.

The new New Balances might be good...

wmilas 01-16-2013 11:17 AM

I have knee issues. I've tried them all. The GR line is simply the best. 3's were good. I did not mind the 4's. The 5's are just as good as the 3's were with a bit more firmness.

The Nike's did not cushion as well and the fit just never worked for me. the toebox was too small.

The New Balance were an utter nightmare. The cushioning sent pains through my knees ever step after an hour on the court. They were the only shoes I ever threw away after first use.

Boricua 01-16-2013 11:22 AM

I have never worn the Babolat SFX but I recommend you watch the video reviews on them. Watch both the Babolat video and the TW video. They seem very comfortable having a few layers of cushioning.