Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   6 month Warranty -- What perentage of claims are accepted? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449568)

Raul_SJ 01-01-2013 01:27 PM

6 month Warranty -- What perentage of claims are accepted?
 
Presumably, manufacturers would have their shoes undergo rigorous testing
to ensure that soles can outlast the 6 month warranty, even for someone playing seven days a week.

But yet I see many posts claiming to have worn them out and getting a new pair.

How often does this happen? Any stats on what percentage of claims are accepted, typical # of hours used, etc??

HappyMilk 01-01-2013 01:33 PM

So far on Nike, I've gotten at least 4 pairs free by the warranty (1 per purchase) with 100% success.

Aggressive footwork lead to holes. When the insole was visible, I played a couple more hours just to make sure they would accept it. Took me 3'ish months 6 days a week (~16 hrs per week).

Nike sends you a voucher with the retail price of the shoe you wore through by mail. You can then buy new shoes/other Nike products off their site.

kimguroo 01-01-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul_SJ (Post 7090990)
Presumably, manufacturers would have their shoes undergo rigorous testing
to ensure that soles can outlast the 6 month warranty, even for someone playing seven days a week.

But yet I see many posts claiming to have worn them out and getting a new pair.

How often does this happen? Any stats on what percentage of claims are accepted, typical # of hours used, etc??

there are so many aspects so it will be very hard to get accurate info.
we only can guess the info.

Habits (Drag foot), individual wear patterns and weight of players might contribute big factors.

if anyone exposes midsole (form), the shoes will be 100% qualified by the warranty.

I could worn out CB 1.3-2.3 about 3 months and Barricade 5-6 within 9-10 weeks. I gain some weight nowadays and CB 3.3-4.3 last only 8-10 weeks.
also CB 4.3 is worst case for me. back of Air max start to crack (Never happened any nike air before). If I calculate into hrs, Probably 120-145 hrs.

In this forum, there are many people claim warranties because many of TW members are diehard fans of Tennis and play regularly.
I guess warranty claims might be less than 30% for entire tennis shoe sales. Probably the warranty claim rate might be over 70% from TW members haha.

this thread might help your questions. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=340506

Borrelli 01-01-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyMilk (Post 7091014)
So far on Nike, I've gotten at least 4 pairs free by the warranty (1 per purchase) with 100% success.

Aggressive footwork lead to holes. When the insole was visible, I played a couple more hours just to make sure they would accept it. Took me 3'ish months 6 days a week (~16 hrs per week).

Nike sends you a voucher with the retail price of the shoe you wore through by mail. You can then buy new shoes/other Nike products off their site.

Even if you purchased it on sale?

kimguroo 01-01-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borrelli (Post 7091153)
Even if you purchased it on sale?

Yes. no matter what you paid for.
I paid one heavily discounted shoes (can't remember but it was CB) less than $30 but still got the $$1xx voucher.
same thing goes to Adidas. Paid for $35 and got the replacement shoes.

yemenmocha 01-01-2013 02:55 PM

100% success for me too, but I'm not always able to wear them out before the warranty ends.

PhotoBlue 01-01-2013 07:16 PM

100% success for me, too, though I've only done it a few times. I used to train 5 days a week (20 + hrs) on gritty hard courts. Barricade/CB lasted about 1 1/2 months and vapors/2k's lasted 3-4 weeks. Lately I've been training with a new coach on clay, 2 days on indoor hard. Now vapors are lasting me well over a month, barricades over 2 months.

eidolonshinobi 01-01-2013 08:56 PM

100% success from (3) Nike CB 3.3, (3)Adidas B6, and my (2)Asics GR 3.

frunk 01-01-2013 08:58 PM

every one - maybe 7-8 from Nike and 4 from Adidas.

The Meat 01-01-2013 08:59 PM

I wear out all of my shoes until theres a hole on the bottom showing my socks, 5/5 this year.

tennis_enthusiast 01-01-2013 09:15 PM

I have had 100% success, you just have to know what the manufacturers are looking for I guess. I've sent in roughly 11 pairs of Nike shoes, 5 pairs of Adidas, and one pair of Babolat shoes.

anhuynh16 01-02-2013 05:46 AM

Nike is really generous with their warranties, no joke! I got the olympic medalstand jacket for really cheap (wayy under retail) and when I washed it , spots were everywhere. I sent it back and they gave full retail price back.

McLovin 01-02-2013 06:07 AM

I'm 2 for 2 so far (New Balance & Head) and will be testing Nike & adidas policies in the next few months.

I picked up my 3.3s and Barricade 6s for under $50 during the TW Xmas sale, so we'll see what I get in return.

cknobman 01-02-2013 07:03 AM

5 years of claiming warranty on shoes.

80% of time - Adidas
15% - Prince
5% - Nike

Never had a single claim refused or even questioned. Due to Adidas facility and shipping problems twice I have received 2 replacement pairs!

Racquet Daddy 01-07-2013 07:39 AM

I'm at 100%, as well: Adidas, Prince, Asics and Babolat. I think they all took around 2 weeks to get the replacement pair once I mailed my old pair. Great program. I don't buy shoes without it. Can't believe New Balance has a one year warranty. They must like giving away free shoes.

XFactorer 01-07-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anhuynh16 (Post 7092230)
Nike is really generous with their warranties, no joke! I got the olympic medalstand jacket for really cheap (wayy under retail) and when I washed it , spots were everywhere. I sent it back and they gave full retail price back.

That's not a warranty as much as it is the return policy.

Rjtennis 01-07-2013 07:39 PM

I've sent back a number of pairs and I have never had problems with Nike sending me a new pair.

cknobman 01-08-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rjtennis (Post 7104842)
I've sent back a number of pairs and I have never had problems with Nike sending me a new pair.

When I sent my shoes to Nike they never sent me another pair. I always get a credit good to spend at their online store.

This actually works out as a plus for me because I will buy the shoes at TW on clearance for $79-89 and Nike with give me credit for the price they are being sold for on their site ($120 -130). Then I have the option to buy whatever I want and not just another pair of shoes.

wmilas 01-16-2013 10:12 AM

Asics: I rotate 3 pairs when I play. (One a day) I always wear out the left front toe and left front ball because I toe drag and I rotate on the ball.

They have always replaced shoes when I've sent them in. When I only had 2 pairs I could almost always go through them (gels) before the warranty. Now with 3 (and sometimes 4 :) I rarely can. Oh well, I love the shoes and I can't complain about the return policy. When I buy too many at once for color reasons I just can't wear em out fast enough :)

ultradr 01-16-2013 01:49 PM

Never rejected by any manufacturer.

In fact, some of them did not even ask for receipt. I just call customer service and get claim #.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse