Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Found a "Prince Professional Team" tennis bag at goodwill (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449743)

Gonzalito17 01-03-2013 04:03 AM

Found a "Prince Professional Team" tennis bag at goodwill
 
Found a 12 racquet huge Prince tennis bag at goodwill in Bradenton, just about 3 miles from Bollettieri on Cortez Rd. I think it's a pro's old bag donated because it says "Professional Team" on the side. It's green with black rubber material on the bottom, looks like a pro bag from about maybe ten years ago. It's in good shape but the straps are a bit overworn but otherwise I think I found a gem for just $5.

Does the "Professional Team" inscription on the side mean it was a bag specifically for professional players it endorses, or would Prince give this bag to any of it's sponsored junior or adult players?

If it is truly a Prince pro player bag I'm thinking it might actually be the former bag of Sharapova or Malisse who are both Prince players who reside in Bradenton. What a find!

v-verb 01-03-2013 05:02 AM

Sounds like a nice find - congrats - post a pic?

Gonzalito17 01-03-2013 05:19 AM

V how do you post a photo? explorer user prompt says 'post the url of photo.' photo is on my camera. I'd gladly post the photo if I knew how.

dak95_00 01-03-2013 05:43 AM

Read http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=217120

or

Go to Photobucket.com and create an account and upload photos there. Then just copy them into your post. Click preview post to see if the picture was done properly before submitting reply. Good luck. I learned how reading the above. It's not too difficult.

Gonzalito17 01-03-2013 06:19 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

Gonzalito17 01-03-2013 06:22 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

Gonzalito17 01-03-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak95_00 (Post 7094655)
Read http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=217120

or

Go to Photobucket.com and create an account and upload photos there. Then just copy them into your post. Click preview post to see if the picture was done properly before submitting reply. Good luck. I learned how reading the above. It's not too difficult.


Thanks Dak, your advice helped.

MAXXply 01-03-2013 06:41 AM

This bag was still being offered for sale brand new/old stock at a local Sydney sports chain as recently as last year for about $70. They were gathering dust and I'm sure they've been dumped somewhere - no-one ever bought tennis gear from this joint.
IIRC, the bag's hangtag featured Jean-Michael Gambill as its featured player.

dak95_00 01-03-2013 07:15 AM

Good job! Nice pic, post and bag!

Gonzalito17 01-03-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7094757)
This bag was still being offered for sale brand new/old stock at a local Sydney sports chain as recently as last year for about $70. They were gathering dust and I'm sure they've been dumped somewhere - no-one ever bought tennis gear from this joint.
IIRC, the bag's hangtag featured Jean-Michael Gambill as its featured player.

Maxx i guess it means the bag is over ten years old, Gambill's been off the scene for about a decade now. Did the bag you saw say "Professional Team" on it? Wondering if Prince issues "Professional Team" bags for retail sale.

MAXXply 01-03-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzalito17 (Post 7095652)
Maxx i guess it means the bag is over ten years old, Gambill's been off the scene for about a decade now. Did the bag you saw say "Professional Team" on it? Wondering if Prince issues "Professional Team" bags for retail sale.

The bag I saw is exactly the same as the one you pictured. Same big 12pk size and "Professional Team" printed on the side. I would not be surprised or disappointed if the bag was indeed originally made available for retail sale. I think the "Professional Team" imprinted on the bag is no different to labelling "Tour" or "Tour Pro" on the side of a midsize tennis racket. Nothing about the construction of the bag indicates it was of a custom nature intended only for pros.

The business model of the store that was selling this bag is to peddle remaindered/unwanted stock sourced from South-East Asian distributors. I'm guessing the Prince stuff was part of consignment from those parts and Prince US wouldn't have had any idea about the Asian Prince distributor's actions. Heck, it may not have even been the distributor but other Asian retailers/middlemen whom the Aussie retailer was dealing with.

Gonzalito17 01-10-2013 03:27 PM

Maxx I still think there's an outside chance it was Maria or Malisse's bag, or some other glamourous pro who lives nearby IMG Bollettieri, who donated it to this Goodwill store on Cortez ) It's too close to IMG to be a coincidence.

Bubbagumptennis 01-10-2013 03:30 PM

I drove by there today and thought about stopping in to look(I collect old racquets) and I didnt, ugh! Nice find

thanu 01-17-2013 07:53 AM

I doubt it's a sponsored player's bag. I have a college player's old prince hornet bag and it has his name on it. If it belonged to a pro player it would definitely have his/her name on it.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse