Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Don't Be a Party Pooper (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449834)

tennis tom 01-04-2013 04:22 AM

Don't Be a Party Pooper

Why do "players" wait until the last minute to run to the bathroom before a match, and do whatever business they have to do? They've usually been sitting on the deck or in the players's lounge, watching a football game, at a tennis club, for an hour prior--and, it suddenly dawns on them, just as court time comes up, that they gotta' go, gotta' go, right now! They'll do it every time!

dizzlmcwizzl 01-04-2013 04:54 AM

For the same reason I make my 7 year old go right before we leave on a road trip. I want to log as many forehands (I mean miles) before I have to stop again.

FWIW ... I play with a guy that stops to pee every 8-10 games. All of us have asked him to go to the doctor and have his prostrate checked. He refuses ... after all he is a health teacher, he should know whats best for him.

Cindysphinx 01-04-2013 06:07 AM

You'll understand better in about 20 years.

tennis tom 01-04-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzlmcwizzl (Post 7096684)

... I play with a guy that stops to pee every 8-10 games. All of us have asked him to go to the doctor and have his prostrate checked. He refuses ... after all he is a health teacher, he should know whats best for him.

Those in the can who can, do-do--those who can't........dribble......dribble.

I find that Flomax rx stuff works like a charm. It creates a perfect Eastern forehand line drive spiral against the Kohler ball-wall at the rest-stops--versus a failed drop shot into the net.

tennis tom 01-04-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindysphinx (Post 7096785)
You'll understand better in about 20 years.

In 20 years I might be dead or playing croquet.

sureshs 01-04-2013 06:25 AM

It is more psychological rather than physical. It gives a feeling of being prepared against pressure to go during a match.

IA-SteveB 01-04-2013 07:18 AM

Our club has a Depends dispenser in the locker room.

OrangePower 01-04-2013 09:31 AM

^^^^^ I depend on Depends. Once I tried playing without them but no go - my weight transfer got all out of whack. Plus my shorts became too baggy.

AR15 01-04-2013 11:28 AM

Would you rather the player take a break in the middle of the match to pee, or get it done at the last minute before the match?

tennis tom 01-04-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR15 (Post 7097496)
Would you rather the player take a break in the middle of the match to pee, or get it done at the last minute before the match?

Since we're talking about the same players who do this consistently before every match, I'd rather they do it 10, 20, or 30 minutes prior, since they have been hanging around the courts, didn't just arrive and had plenty of time to take care of THEIR biznizz without wasting everyone else's time.

corbind 01-05-2013 12:28 AM

Seems silly they would just think about it at the last minute. All players know to prepare before a match (whatever that entails). Those who are late to the match are inconsiderate...

sureshs 01-05-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis tom (Post 7098122)
Since we're talking about the same players who do this consistently before every match, I'd rather they do it 10, 20, or 30 minutes prior, since they have been hanging around the courts, didn't just arrive and had plenty of time to take care of THEIR biznizz without wasting everyone else's time.

The idea is NOT to do it 30 minutes before, but at the last minute, so that the bladder is nicely emptied, and more than that, the psychological feeling is created that we won't have to go again during the match.

tennis tom 01-05-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7100077)
The idea is NOT to do it 30 minutes before, but at the last minute, so that the bladder is nicely emptied, and more than that, the psychological feeling is created that we won't have to go again during the match.

I play from 8:30 to 1:00 PM, straight through with no feeling of urinary urgency--tennis warrior bladder.

JoelDali 01-05-2013 07:07 PM

Most of the 3.5 GOATs in the Southern Region use this tactic to throw off the lower level 3.5 USTA newbs. The Flowmax 10mg tabs have been on the black market for years. They will make you feel like Superman if injested with warm corn syrup.

mmk 01-05-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelDali (Post 7100402)
Most of the 3.5 GOATs in the Southern Region use this tactic to throw off the lower level 3.5 USTA newbs. The Flowmax 10mg tabs have been on the black market for years. They will make you feel like Superman if injested with warm corn syrup.

Is the USADA checking for these new PEDs? Will any 3.5s be stripped of wins?

JoelDali 01-06-2013 05:05 AM

Infamous Chinese 7.0 mixed captain was caught last year dropping stool softener agents into the water cooler at Forest Hills. Needless to say she was banned but the ban was silent so the straw hats in Westchester never even knew about it.

goober 01-07-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelDali (Post 7101089)
Infamous Chinese 7.0 mixed captain was caught last year dropping stool softener agents into the water cooler at Forest Hills. Needless to say she was banned but the ban was silent so the straw hats in Westchester never even knew about it.

Maybe she thought a lot of the members were constipated and she was just doing her part to help out?

JoelDali 01-07-2013 01:22 PM

This woman has polluted the recreational aspects of the game with her antics. Most of the Brooklyn 9.0 Mixed GOATs will not play for her again leaving them left with nothing to do for winter since most teams are full of low end 4.0 Male GOATs.

Sad.