Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Should I be concern now? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449885)

ptho1128 01-04-2013 10:17 AM

Should I be concern now?

I recently purchased a racquet from this seller on Dec. 29, 2012. That's when I deposit the payment to his pp account. I've send out several emails requesting shipment details so I know when to expect to receive the package. On Saturday (12/29), he said that he'll email me when he ship the racquet. Monday comes around (12/31), and yet to receive any email from the seller. He emailed me this past Tuesday that he didn't make it to the post office on time to ship it the previous day (12/31). He said that he was going to ship it this Wednesday. I didn't receive an email from him on Wednesday. This Thursday, I had a speeding ticket. I emailed him stating that if he has yet to ship the package, then I would rather get my pp deposit refunded. Interestingly, he emailed me back saying that he already ship my item. That Thursday, I've sent out several emails requesting the details of the shipment (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.) and wanting a confirmation of the package so that I can track it. As of today, I still have yet to receive any communication from this seller and I don't know where's my package.

From my perspective, I deposit money into his pp account on 12/29. It would be nice to have receive timely communication and courteous to have the package ship in a timely fashion as well. I know we all have busy lives and so do I. All I ask is just a smooth transaction. All of you know that I've always provide timely communication and confirmation on all my service.

Please let me know your thoughts and Fearsome Forehand, I might need your help on this. It might be too early now but I don't know when I'll be getting my package. He claims it was ship on Wednesday (01/02/2013). That's all I know.

Fearsome Forehand 01-04-2013 10:47 AM

Another great communicator. :)

If he shipped already, he should be able to provide you with a tracking number. It is possible he was foolish enough to ship without tracking as some sellers do that to save $1. It is also possible that he is BS-ing you and has not shipped yet.

If he has good refs, you are probably okay. Otherwise, you might be in for a misadventure. But, as long as you did not gift the PP payment, you should be able to get your money back if you don't get the racket in the next week. If no racket by then, file a PP claim and unless he can prove delivery, you should get your money back from PP. If the racket ever shows up, cancel the PP claim.

How much did your speeding ticket cost? :)

ptho1128 01-04-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 7097539)
Another great communicator. :)

If he shipped already, he should be able to provide you with a tracking number. It is possible he was foolish enough to ship without tracking as some sellers do that to save $1. It is also possible that he is BS-ing you and has not shipped yet.

If he has good refs, you are probably okay. Otherwise, you might be in for a misadventure. But, as long as you did not gift the PP payment, you should be able to get your money back if you don't get the racket in the next week. If no racket by then, file a PP claim and unless he can prove delivery, you should get your money back from PP. If the racket ever shows up, cancel the PP claim.

How much did your speeding ticket cost? :)

I was kindly enough to us pp as a gift so that he can avoid fees and help him save some money. Obviously, he did not pay $0.70 for confirmation of the package. Foolish as you stated. I even asked as to why the delay in response and have yet to receive an answer :-). I don't know about filing a claim with PP since it was send as a gift. I only us pp as a gift when the person has some positive references. Which is why it's important to have good reputation on any forum. I will wait until next week (Wednesday) before I reveal who the seller. Is next Wednesday more than enough time for this seller to respond back to me?

My speeding ticket was $185!

ptho1128 01-04-2013 11:16 AM

I hope there's an explaination for this. If I've been scam, just want to inform everyone that I don't know if I'll ever do pp as a gift again no matter how many positive references one might obtain. I will only do it for those that I've already had dealings with. Something like this is an unfortunate for those that have positive references.

Fearsome Forehand 01-04-2013 12:42 PM

. Is next Wednesday more than enough time for this seller to respond back to me?

Yes.

Yikes! I ran a red light (by mistake not on purpose) in SF once about 10 years ago right in front of a cop right in front of City Hall. Think it was like $300.That was my last ticket. Also would suggest you edit out the gift thing in case he is reading the thread. He may not realize what that means.
Not a fan of the gift thing.

ptho1128 01-04-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearsome Forehand (Post 7097867)
. Is next Wednesday more than enough time for this seller to respond back to me?

Yes.

Yikes! I ran a red light (by mistake not on purpose) in SF once about 10 years ago right in front of a cop right in front of City Hall. Think it was like $300.That was my last ticket. Also would suggest you edit out the gift thing in case he is reading the thread. He may not realize what that means.
Not a fan of the gift thing.

What mean by "edit out"?

ptho1128 01-04-2013 12:53 PM

There's no need to edit. I hope the seller does the right thing and communicate before his reputation is forever tarnish by next Wednesday. In my opinion, it's not worth to have your reputation ruin and will report this to Paypal.

ptho1128 01-04-2013 01:56 PM

Case closed

Even though there was no timely communication, I've receive the item today. However, the item was not described as I expected. It'd definitely a 7/10 and not 9/10 as advertised. That's okay.

pheonix6579 01-11-2013 09:43 AM

If you feel that the item was not near what you thought you were buying I would still leave a negative reference. 7/10 is very different than a 9/10 IMO. Since communication is lacking you may have to cut your losses.

ptho1128 01-11-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix6579 (Post 7112712)
If you feel that the item was not near what you thought you were buying I would still leave a negative reference. 7/10 is very different than a 9/10 IMO. Since communication is lacking you may have to cut your losses.

Thanks for the recommendation phoenix. Since rating is a matter of opinion, wasn't sure I should go that low. I've accepted and didn't want to waste my time returning it.

Fearsome Forehand 01-11-2013 10:40 AM

You could leave sort of a neutral ref stating you received the racket but that communication was not so good and the racket was more used than represented in your opinion. At least that way, the next guy has a clue what he is dealing with if he buys from Mr. X.

A true 9/10 is almost new with minimal signs of use. A 7/10 has been used plenty, lots of scratches and chips, substantial wear to the bumper, grip is shot, etc. Really it is the difference between excellent used condition and very good used condition. Unfortunately, many sellers are overly enthusiastic when grading a frames condition.