Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Winter Alta check in- where are you playing? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449900)

chatt_town 01-04-2013 12:25 PM

Winter Alta check in- where are you playing?
 
Okay we will be balling out of some place called Stone Crest. We start dismantling teams this Sunday. :) I heard we were at A-4. whew...Man...I've had my share of A-1 and A-2. Need a break. Teams broke up so we are with a new team that just started at A-4. Where are you playing out of?

ttocs013 01-05-2013 11:17 AM

Hamilton Fields. It's just north of Suwanee. We are also A4.. so see you on the courts :p just maybe..

AtomicForehand 01-06-2013 08:26 AM

Low A playing out of The Falls of Autry Mill and Glen Abbey. First ALTA mixed match of the season in one hour!!!

Boj 01-06-2013 03:02 PM

Low A River Green....

hescobal 01-06-2013 06:05 PM

Played ultra competitive B6 today =p

chatt_town 01-07-2013 04:47 AM

You are joking around but by the times the finals roll around there will be kick serves jumping into the fence...overheads getting killed from the baseline....thundering ohbh up the line...etc...just watch. :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by hescobal (Post 7102459)
Played ultra competitive B6 today =p


chatt_town 01-07-2013 04:49 AM

We got by...3-2. How did your team do? How was the competition? Our teams were pretty even. We came out on top but we had 3 matches go into 3rd set. We lost one in 7-6 in the breaker in the third set. My experience has been it was easier to win A-1 and A-2 in the past. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttocs013 (Post 7099779)
Hamilton Fields. It's just north of Suwanee. We are also A4.. so see you on the courts :p just maybe..


bcart1991 01-07-2013 06:31 AM

Playing in Douglasville, we won our match 3-2. Won my line 4 match 6-0, 6-3.

I'm not even sure what level we're playing, I think it's A-4 or A-5. EDIT: Just checked, we're A-3.

chatt_town 01-07-2013 07:19 AM

great...one less team we have to deal with. :) lol Good luck.


Quote:

Originally Posted by bcart1991 (Post 7103221)
Playing in Douglasville, we won our match 3-2. Won my line 4 match 6-0, 6-3.

I'm not even sure what level we're playing, I think it's A-4 or A-5. EDIT: Just checked, we're A-3.


hescobal 01-07-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 7103060)
You are joking around but by the times the finals roll around there will be kick serves jumping into the fence...overheads getting killed from the baseline....thundering ohbh up the line...etc...just watch. :)

Haha, that would be fun actually! Not sure if our team will make it there. We'll see though

ace18 01-07-2013 06:24 PM

A1 Senior Mixed, Marietta area, we won 3-1, I won my men's dubs match in 2 sets. AA3 Mixed out of Cherokee Tennis Center and I took a behind kicking. The guy that I played kicked my butt in men's dubs too. Really bad match up for me, :). The lady was really good too. Our team lost 4-1

double barrels 01-08-2013 06:37 AM

AA2 suwanee

won AA3 last winter, not so hot at AA1 in the summer

chatt_town 01-08-2013 07:27 AM

cherokee. I think we played them in '11 in the summer a1 semis...that was the summer we won a-1 mixed out of Trammel Crow I think. If that's the same team. If not I've played them in Men's and I think they pounded our @$$ in a-2 or something like that. I can't remember. i do remember the name so I know I've played them before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace18 (Post 7104702)
A1 Senior Mixed, Marietta area, we won 3-1, I won my men's dubs match in 2 sets. AA3 Mixed out of Cherokee Tennis Center and I took a behind kicking. The guy that I played kicked my butt in men's dubs too. Really bad match up for me, :). The lady was really good too. Our team lost 4-1


chatt_town 01-08-2013 07:33 AM

Damn dude/dudette.lol AA-1. We might have to bump your team clean to the WTA/ATA mixed tour.lol Have you seen this girl named Shadisha...I think Robinson may be her last name. She played on the wta tour for a while. I think she played for UGA. I know she played with some AA-1 team that won the city finals. I think it was mixed. Her and my wife played together on a AA-3 team out of Water's edge. I asked because I know the higher up you go there are less teams. You have probably at some point also ran into Milton Myers(Amp). I've gotten to play with him and win a couple of tourneys but we were playing aged(40's) doubles. Sounds like some great Tennis. I love watching that level. I'll have to keep up with your team throughout the season. I bet those women on your team are kick @$$ to. lol


Quote:

Originally Posted by double barrels (Post 7105456)
AA2 suwanee

won AA3 last winter, not so hot at AA1 in the summer


chatt_town 01-08-2013 07:35 AM

awww snap...I'm also on a senior mixed team out of McGhee(A-1). We won 3-1. I forgot to mention that(shhhhh it's my first year being elgible in the geritol league). It's pretty bad when your captain asks you to bring some ben-gay and Ibuprophen for the food table.lol I'm just kidding.


Quote:

Originally Posted by ace18 (Post 7104702)
A1 Senior Mixed, Marietta area, we won 3-1, I won my men's dubs match in 2 sets. AA3 Mixed out of Cherokee Tennis Center and I took a behind kicking. The guy that I played kicked my butt in men's dubs too. Really bad match up for me, :). The lady was really good too. Our team lost 4-1


double barrels 01-15-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatt_town (Post 7105544)
Damn dude/dudette.lol AA-1. We might have to bump your team clean to the WTA/ATA mixed tour.lol Have you seen this girl named Shadisha...I think Robinson may be her last name. She played on the wta tour for a while. I think she played for UGA. I know she played with some AA-1 team that won the city finals. I think it was mixed. Her and my wife played together on a AA-3 team out of Water's edge. I asked because I know the higher up you go there are less teams. You have probably at some point also ran into Milton Myers(Amp). I've gotten to play with him and win a couple of tourneys but we were playing aged(40's) doubles. Sounds like some great Tennis. I love watching that level. I'll have to keep up with your team throughout the season. I bet those women on your team are kick @$$ to. lol

I think we're tied for first as of now, played 2 weak teams so far.
heads up match to break the tie for first this weekend.

bcart1991 01-15-2013 11:45 AM

Played a little ugly, but pulled out a tight three setter. Ugly first set went down 3-6, got my head out of my arse and won the second 6-1, went up a break early in the third, got lazy and let them back in it, took it in a TB for the win.

Our division (A-3) has two teams with 10 pts, then us and another with 7 after two weeks.

chatt_town 01-15-2013 02:01 PM

Sounds like some rough tennis. I'll have to get out and check you all out if we don't get into the playoffs. :)


Quote:

Originally Posted by double barrels (Post 7122116)
I think we're tied for first as of now, played 2 weak teams so far.
heads up match to break the tie for first this weekend.


hescobal 01-22-2013 05:36 AM

Alta B6 frustration. Our captain played me with another person than my usual partner. What I didn't know is that she had an emergency and couldn't play. So I had to play with a lady I never even heard of.

She was bad to say the least. It wasn't fun at all

bcart1991 02-14-2013 05:47 PM

Last match coming up, we're in first by a point. One team got busted playing a teaching pro at A3, so they lost a bunch of points and it bumped us up in the standings.

I'm playing line 3 this week, good luck to everyone!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse