Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is Dunlop ever gonna release the rest of the line!? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450040)

season25 01-06-2013 06:39 AM

Is Dunlop ever gonna release the rest of the line!?

I really find id stupid what Dunlop is doing...
They have released 6 racquets couple months go, but what about the rest of the line?
the whole line of their rcquets had been on Dunlop official site for over a month now and nothing is happening...
When Wilson announced the new Blades they were for sale few weeks later, so what is wrong with Dunlop?!
Any ideas???

Automatix 01-06-2013 07:28 AM

All the models are scheduled for the end of January/beginning of February.

slowfox 01-06-2013 07:29 AM

Curious about the new 200s. So yeah, what's up Dunlop??

T-ennis 888 01-06-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowfox (Post 7101213)
Curious about the new 200s. So yeah, what's up Dunlop??

They are just being commercially sensible and waiting to tie-in the new Dunlop releases with the AO.

aggietex08 01-13-2013 06:36 PM

Also curious about the Dunlop 200. Figure with the AO started now we would have at least heard something. It has been on the Europe Dunlop website for awhile now.

Bartelby 01-13-2013 06:54 PM

Tennis Magazin liked it a lot:

Just a notch below the test winners ... touch, stability and superior control.

Head speed pro and Wilson blade 93 were the winners.

8,5 von 10 Punkten
„Nur eine Nuance hinter den Testsiegern besticht der F 2.0 Tour durch Touch, Stabilität und eine überragende Kontrolle.“

mrmo1115 01-13-2013 08:27 PM

Does anyone know why Dunlop released the 300 line earlier?

cork_screw 01-13-2013 10:20 PM

Hmmm... who cares about dunlop. The racquet this year felt the same like last year. And next year will be like this year. Dunlop, Yonex, Prince never get anyone excited. Wilson, Babolat and Head are always making the next release at least interesting to demo if not have as keepers. The other companies should take notes on how to get our attention. And I'm not talking about gecko skin, or shark fins, or ******** crap like that. But something that actually works, like the 99s, that has everyone's attention and I feel later productions of that stick are going to be used by pros if they can just get the balance, weight and feel right. Dunlop should just go back to making tires.

I wholeheartedly believe in business evolution. If you can't keep up with the changes and be innovative in the current year and not relapse like it's 1990, maybe you shouldn't be around anymore.

Bartelby 01-13-2013 10:28 PM

The Dunlop line this time around is quite revolutionary.

Yonex is always inventing new technologies.

Head just pulls out a new weighting technology and apart from the spin effect Wilson hasn't exactly invented.

Price stuck to its hole technology too long and Babolat just tweaks Cortex after the usual weighting/stiffening trick with gt.

Quadium 01-14-2013 11:41 AM

looking forward to the F100 classic. shud be a beast

ccmtennis 01-14-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cork_screw (Post 7118221)
Hmmm... who cares about dunlop. The racquet this year felt the same like last year. And next year will be like this year. Dunlop, Yonex, Prince never get anyone excited. Wilson, Babolat and Head are always making the next release at least interesting to demo if not have as keepers. The other companies should take notes on how to get our attention. And I'm not talking about gecko skin, or shark fins, or ******** crap like that. But something that actually works, like the 99s, that has everyone's attention and I feel later productions of that stick are going to be used by pros if they can just get the balance, weight and feel right. Dunlop should just go back to making tires.

I wholeheartedly believe in business evolution. If you can't keep up with the changes and be innovative in the current year and not relapse like it's 1990, maybe you shouldn't be around anymore.

Wow you are clearl clueless about the new lines with yonex and dunlop. I was never a fan of either but I would not write them off unless you have tried them. The new lines are definitely better and have actually decent Q.C compared to the others

wilfreb 01-15-2013 11:52 AM

im waiting for the F 5.0

hoodjem 01-15-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Babolat may have "exciting marketing" (ooohhh, aaaahhh--and I guess you fall for such garbage), but their racquets are crap. They feel like dead plastic.

I tried them and wouldn't touch one if you gave it to me. I'd drop it off at the Goodwill ASAP.

db10s 01-15-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoodjem (Post 7123471)
Babolat may have "exciting marketing" (ooohhh, aaaahhh--and I guess you fall for such garbage), but their racquets are crap. They feel like dead plastic.

I tried them and wouldn't touch one if you gave it to me. I'd drop it off at the Goodwill ASAP.

I'd be a scammer and sell it to someone. :twisted:

Disneos 01-16-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

What is wrong with you ... babolat makes awful racquets ( IMO ) especially if you have arm issues, they're hollow pieces of junk that haven't made a significant change wince 2009 if not farther back than that, wilson has awful quality control and head ... well i enjoy head, dunlop makes wonderful racquets and has been proven that their shark skin tech does help the racquet accelerate faster through the air, you obviously just love the big brands because they're big and not for any other good reason ....

tom4ny 01-16-2013 10:48 AM

I agree that Dunlop does make good quality rackets. This new frame geometry really changes the line though and those looking for that classic dunlop ball feel and dwell time will wonder at first what happened. My initial reaction was while I felt that the arm protection was outstanding, I didn't like the feel. I also always enjoyed the more oval shaped frame (for my game) so I wasn't sold on the new head shape although the need to lead tape for upper hoop stability appeared to be gone with the new F3.0 tour. Back out came my old biomimetics.

As I started to play more with the F3.0 I started to pay less attention to "feel" and more to what the ball I hit was doing. Shots were heavier with more spin and more action AFTER the ball bounced! Opponents started to tell me that they felt I played better with the F3.0 tour. After 4 weeks of back and forth I permanently switched to the new line and probably should have done so sooner!

For long time Dunlop players I suggest giving the new models some time to evaluate, and look at what your ball does - not just how the new frame feels in your hand compared to older models.

tennisphotog 01-16-2013 10:50 AM

I've hit with the Dunlop 3.0, and if that is any indication, this new line is really different and really good. My usual stick is a Dunlop Aerogel 500 Tour, but the solid yet soft feel and great maneuverability of the 3.0 has me thinking the newest Dunlops may really be worth the change, not just new paintjobs!

SteveI 01-16-2013 10:58 AM

TW already is playtesting them...

Read this...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450965

I am looking forward to the 5.0 Tour

Tennisspieler 02-01-2013 01:18 AM

TW Europe now features the rest of the new 2013 Dunlop line:

http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.co...LOPRAC-DE.html

srvnvly 02-01-2013 04:30 AM

Racquet Finder has the 5 and 2 racquets:http://www.racquetfinder.com/?name=&...ice=&x=33&y=15

Scroll all the way to the bottom.