Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   luxilon weight (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450097)

zedek 01-06-2013 04:02 PM

luxilon weight

i strung up some luxilon alu power 16 gauge on my racket and suddenly it feels heavier than other poly's i've strung up. does anyone know if luxilon is heavier? how much grams?:???:

tlm 01-07-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedek (Post 7102240)
i strung up some luxilon alu power 16 gauge on my racket and suddenly it feels heavier than other poly's i've strung up. does anyone know if luxilon is heavier? how much grams?:???:

I don't know how much but I have noticed that some of the luxilon strings do feel heavier. I just started using lux 4g and I noticed my racket feels more head heavy.

JDMasFCK 01-07-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedek (Post 7102240)

It could be the construction of the materials in the strings that Luxilon uses as compared to other companies. Don't know the exact grams.

zedek 01-08-2013 12:42 PM

thanks. I am having the same problem.

zedek 01-08-2013 12:44 PM

hey tim, do you know if genesis twisted razor feels heavier? what the exact weight is?

tlm 01-08-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedek (Post 7106091)
hey tim, do you know if genesis twisted razor feels heavier? what the exact weight is?

Not sure but I have used it and don't remember it being real heavy.

zapvor 01-08-2013 03:28 PM

here we go again........

zedek 01-08-2013 04:53 PM

zapvor: I take it this subject has been discussed? I couldn't find anything on the forums. what's your opinion?

zapvor 01-08-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zedek (Post 7106499)
zapvor: I take it this subject has been discussed? I couldn't find anything on the forums. what's your opinion?

well....i think i will just let you figure it out yourself.

Up&comer 01-09-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7106953)
well....i think i will just let you figure it out yourself.

Well... I think if you are going to make a derogatory statement, you should probably be ready to back it up.

OP, yes, this has been discussed on and off, often times not even in a thread dedicated to it. I'm sure it can be found with a search off of google, but the gist of it is that, while string can weigh different amounts, the difference in weight will be negligible and should have absolutely no effect on your swing or timing.

mikeler 01-09-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up&comer (Post 7107200)
Well... I think if you are going to make a derogatory statement, you should probably be ready to back it up.

OP, yes, this has been discussed on and off, often times not even in a thread dedicated to it. I'm sure it can be found with a search off of google, but the gist of it is that, while string can weigh different amounts, the difference in weight will be negligible and should have absolutely no effect on your swing or timing.

Where you been?

zapvor 01-09-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Up&comer (Post 7107200)

actually, no thats not what i was referring to. assumptions!

but yes your post is what i wanted to say.

zapvor 01-09-2013 04:56 PM

i guess i will add that was mean of me. the rationale is this-people dont listen no matter what. so there's really no point. its better when they find out for themselves. i am no exception

Lambsscroll 01-16-2013 08:21 AM

I took one of my BLX 90 rackets and weighed it 3 times and the result was always 12.98 ounces. I then mounted the racket and cut out the Luxilon 4G (1.25) cross string and replaced it with Discho Black ION Rough (1.25) at the same tension as the Luxilon 4G. I then weighed the racket 3 times and the result was 12.96, 12.98, 12.98. My scale would never read 12.97 since its not designed to measure at that accurate of a reading. So among these 2 strings the weight is the same.

Korso 01-16-2013 03:16 PM

Luxilon rewards good tecnique and punishes bad. I noticed this today when playing with the 4g today for the first time. If you are making contact in front of you, your question will be answered.