Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dunlop Bio 200 Lite vs Bio Max 200G? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450170)

JackB1 01-07-2013 11:36 AM

Dunlop Bio 200 Lite vs Bio Max 200G?

anyone try both of these and how do they compare on power, comfort, stiffness, swingweight and playability?. The specs seem pretty similar.

Power Player 01-07-2013 11:50 AM

I know 2 guys who used the 200 lite and found it to irritate the arm after a while. Both post here. Uvijek for sure - search his posts.

Sick PJ though on both.

Jgads had a 200G and didn't like it.

mad dog1 01-07-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 7103869)
I know 2 guys who used the 200 lite and found it to irritate the arm after a while. Both post here. Uvijek for sure - search his posts.

Sick PJ though on both.

Jgads had a 200G and didn't like it.

yeah, that's true, but Gads hits the ball very differently.

kazamzaa 01-07-2013 12:38 PM

I don't know about the bio max200, but I tried the 200lite. Didn't like it compared to my regular bio200. Some TT 'er said 200lite needs total 6 grams of lead up from 3/9. It was so way off as stock that i did not want to play with lead. Sold it.

JackB1 01-07-2013 01:03 PM

the 200G got very good review marks and most of the comments are very favorable. Seems to have flown under the radar?

JackB1 01-07-2013 01:10 PM

interestingly enough, the 200g has almost IDENTICAL specs to the highly regarded Donnay Pro One 97.

mad dog1 01-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB1 (Post 7104046)
the 200G got very good review marks and most of the comments are very favorable. Seems to have flown under the radar?

cool! try it out and share your review. :)

JackB1 01-07-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad dog1 (Post 7104099)
cool! try it out and share your review. :)

got one on the way! Anxious to compare it to the Pro 1.

royfrombigd 01-07-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB1 (Post 7103844)
anyone try both of these and how do they compare on power, comfort, stiffness, swingweight and playability?. The specs seem pretty similar.

Both great sticks. Personally, the 200 lite didn't feel that great on serve. The 200G is solid all the way around. If I hadn't fall in love with the 16x19 Blade, I'd probably be playing with it now.

RollTrackTake 01-07-2013 09:24 PM

I bought and tried the 200G for several months. Overall I liked it. I did not love it. For me the Pro 1 97 is a more powerful racquet. Not saying the 200G is low powered. But the Pro 1 is a cannon while the 200G is a high powered rifle. The 200G did offer slightly more control. The feel, cosmetics and specs of the 200G are all good. I have not tried the 200 lite. I did have a Prestige S for quite some time and tried to make that one work but the gut/poly set up did not work well at all. then i tried it with full multi, then gave up. A teaching pro I know who uses a OHBH is lethal with a Rebel 95. There are a couple Yonex offerings that may fit the bill 95D, 98D, XI 98. A lot of the playtesters loved the Slazenger Pro Braided...... Jack you've pretty much tried all these racquets and decided against most. You didn't like the Pro 1 before because it felt sluggish. why would that change?

JackB1 01-08-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollTrackTake (Post 7104974)
I bought and tried the 200G for several months. Overall I liked it. I did not love it. For me the Pro 1 97 is a more powerful racquet. Not saying the 200G is low powered. But the Pro 1 is a cannon while the 200G is a high powered rifle. The 200G did offer slightly more control. The feel, cosmetics and specs of the 200G are all good. I have not tried the 200 lite. I did have a Prestige S for quite some time and tried to make that one work but the gut/poly set up did not work well at all. then i tried it with full multi, then gave up. A teaching pro I know who uses a OHBH is lethal with a Rebel 95. There are a couple Yonex offerings that may fit the bill 95D, 98D, XI 98. A lot of the playtesters loved the Slazenger Pro Braided...... Jack you've pretty much tried all these racquets and decided against most. You didn't like the Pro 1 before because it felt sluggish. why would that change?

I didn't really give myself enough time to get used to the Pro 1. I remember it feeling SLIGHTLY sluggish, but maybe I had one on the upper end of the spec scale? I do remember playing well with it though and it served great for me. The 200G may be perfect if it's slightly easier to swing than the Pro 1. It's also slightly more headlite, which is good.

I also just cannot make the Prestige S work for me. The weight and balance feel PERFECT in my hands, but just don't translate well to the court. Not sure why. But that is a racquet that I would love to make work. Maybe it just needs more adjustment time?

The Yonex 98's are all too stiff...the only one I am considering is the 95d, but that may be too heavy (12 oz)?

I thought about the Prince Rebel 98 and adding weight to the handle to make it more headlite. It IS comfortable and the headsize looks more like a 95 to me. I just don't know if I want to deal with those damn O-Ports. If I went that route, I would probably get the regular hole inserts.

I think I am down to these choices:
Dunlop 200G
VCore 95d
Pro One 97

I haven't given up yet on the Juice 100 or possibly the Steam 99s. I might try my Juice with a softer string setup and add some more weight to make it heavier and more headlite.

RollTrackTake 01-08-2013 03:01 PM

I couldn't pinpoint my failures with the Prestige S. sweet spot at times felt smaller than I'm used to. Probably a string/tension issue. I'm partial to the Pro 1 as I've been using it 85% of the time i play for a year and a half. For me I have to give a racquet at least 2 months (or 1 month if I'm playing 3 times a week) to determine whether it's worth keeping and switching to. It was a long process for me to choose 'the one'. now that I have my game has elevated as I have become a lot more consistent and I know exactly how any given swing (slice, topspin, flat, etc..) will impact my shotmaking.

counterpuncher 01-08-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB1 (Post 7105591)
I think I am down to these choices:
Dunlop 200G
VCore 95d
Pro One 97

I missed your other post so I'm not sure of the exact specs you are after but they sound similar to mine. Interestingly I have played with all of these and have a Rebel 98 on the way.

Usual stick for me is an underspec PST. Among the dozens of frames I have tinkered with a slightly underspec Pro One is the current front runner. My 200G was over spec in weight, balance and sw, so trying to get to my preferred specs didnt really work out. Nice racquet, slightly stiffer than the Pro One, less power and less weight of shot.

The 95d is a little stiffer, a touch less powerful than the 200G, great on serve, okay for spin but the big issue for me was the narrow sweet spot. I found it not torsionally stable enough for my liking.

I'm also tinkering with XP Dual, but that definitely needs the slide weights at 3 and 9 for me, plus some weight on the handle. The Gold 99 is also a good option, but I generally don't like oval shape racquets, due to their more narrow sweetspots.

One more to check out is the Yonex EZ Xi 98. I think this is a good candidate as it is solid, comfortable and gives decent weight of shot and spin.

Minion 01-08-2013 07:59 PM

For what its worth, i have been playing with both the Max200G and The Prestige S for a couple of months now, trying different string setups etc.

Both strung with Pro Hurricane Tour 16 @56lb is the best so far. Great pop and perfect balance between power and control for me.

On groundstrokes, slices, returns and volleys, the Max200G wins hands down for me, more comfortable and has a larger sweetspot than the Prestige S.

I do prefer the Prestige S on serves though, as it is a bit more manoeuvrable, groundstrokes also great, but requires more footwork than the Max200G.

I cannot decide between the two...its driving me crazy:???:

Backhanded Compliment 01-10-2013 07:56 PM

Bought a near mint Bio 200g yesterday so I can now compare both frames for you.

I feel like the stiffer B200G serves better and has more accuracy on that stroke but the two rackets are nothing alike. The 200lite is a special frame that is better for counterpunchers with good hands because with its flex it is great at absorbing pace and also redirecting it. The 200 lite is for players that vary their strokes a lot.

The B200g has more power but similar (good) accuracy so its better suited to shorter more compact strokes. I could take huge topspin cuts from the baseline with it too and was great for digging out low balls on the way to the net. Not as all around a racket as the 200 lite which works really well for players with very good hands but dont like the net.

Both are good doubles sticks.

Veninga 01-10-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB1 (Post 7103844)

both play very easy for the arms/shoulders. although the lite was really flexy, like an exo tour.

but 200max much more powerfull.

swingweight. i got one mid 320's, so heavier than specs suggested.

sweetspot. max has def bigger sweetspot, so easier to play. although it is a 98, it feels more like a 95 (so other 98 heads have bigger SW for me)