Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Web site now charging for team management (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450282)

AR15 01-08-2013 10:20 AM

Web site now charging for team management

The team captains at my club have been using TennisOne to manage their teams for years. Tennisone just started charging a fee to use their site for this purpose. Consequently, now several captains are starting to use other means like the Tennislink web page. Nothing seems to compare in quality to Tennisone, so it will be interesting to see if we adapt to the less-useful, less user friendly, and free sites.

bcart1991 01-08-2013 10:51 AM

TennisPoint is pretty good too. We've been using that one for a while now.

JRstriker12 01-08-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR15 (Post 7105840)
The team captains at my club have been using TennisOne to manage their teams for years. Tennisone just started charging a fee to use their site for this purpose. Consequently, now several captains are starting to use other means like the Tennislink web page. Nothing seems to compare in quality to Tennisone, so it will be interesting to see if we adapt to the less-useful, less user friendly, and free sites.

Not surprised that TennisOne started charging based on how many captains used it.

IMHO it had good functionality but was a bit clunky on the interface.

goober 01-08-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRstriker12 (Post 7105967)
Not surprised that TennisOne started charging based on how many captains used it.

IMHO it had good functionality but was a bit clunky on the interface.

They were using because it was decent and free. Team management is not something overtly complicated and many captains do fine without any management software or website. I would imagine that alot of teams will now use something else.

AR15 01-08-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goober (Post 7106009)
They were using because it was decent and free. Team management is not something overtly complicated and many captains do fine without any management software or website. I would imagine that alot of teams will now use something else.

Once the captains started using TennisOne, at my club, and getting away from emails and phone calls, they would never go back to the manual system.

Another easy way is to use shared Google docs.

Cindysphinx 01-09-2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR15 (Post 7106076)
Once the captains started using TennisOne, at my club, and getting away from emails and phone calls, they would never go back to the manual system.

Another easy way is to use shared Google docs.

Yup. I never liked Tennisone. I use a shared GoogleDrive spreadsheet to captain.

I find the automated emails of Tennisone to be the only advantage of Tennisone, but they create more problems than they are worth.

Pay for Tennisone? They should pay me.

greg_in_atl 01-09-2013 05:10 AM

tennis team management web sites

I have used TennisPoint.com and NetCord.com - both seem to do the job.