Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Federer asking which Vapor 9's he should wear. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450287)

cluckcluck 01-08-2013 12:14 PM

Federer asking which Vapor 9's he should wear.

Via his facebook:

Quote:

Hey guys, the NIKEiD folks sent me 4 pairs of Vapor 9's for me to wear during the Australian Open. Which one should I pick? Vote for your favorite at the Nike Tennis page.

The Meat 01-08-2013 12:18 PM

Looks like Federer decided to take a stand against pink.

Top one looks promising.

cluckcluck 01-08-2013 12:20 PM

I like the top one as well. The blue ones look the same as the previous model he wore in 2012.

Irrelevant 01-08-2013 12:26 PM

You guys can vote here at Nike's fb page https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6525332&type=1

TennisLovaLova 01-08-2013 12:54 PM

http://gonike.me/6015VoKR

Borrelli 01-08-2013 12:56 PM

Bet Vapor 9 ID sales will increase big time after he wears them at the AO.

darklore009 01-08-2013 05:11 PM

i like all of them. anything roger wears always look great on him

JSouza 01-08-2013 05:24 PM

But isn't there a vapor 9 out in a colourway specifically designed for his outfit, the pink and grey. The black and grey vapors go perfectly with that outfit. Sure its not a great outfit...but some of those do not match up at all?

hcb0804 01-08-2013 05:40 PM

Black & pink is for the night sessions, these are for day sessions.

Borrelli 01-08-2013 05:55 PM

Yep. There's two turquoise colored ID shoes in there for a reason.

Herve 01-08-2013 08:55 PM

Has anyone notice how the forefoot outsole is different from the retail model? It's similar to the old V6 / 2K mold.

The variation is not as bad as the vapor8, where only the upper was similar (V6 air zoom underneath instead of the dreadful quicksand lunarlon...)

Bobby Jr 01-08-2013 09:27 PM

As if Nike ID sent him the shoes... aside from the looks they're very different to the Nike ID shoes*.

(*the outsole, the shank, the wear guards, the shape of the toe-box etc.)

Very good marketing though. What a way to raise attention to the NIKEiD..

sports4eva115 01-08-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herve (Post 7106828)
Has anyone notice how the forefoot outsole is different from the retail model? It's similar to the old V6 / 2K mold.

The variation is not as bad as the vapor8, where only the upper was similar (V6 air zoom underneath instead of the dreadful quicksand lunarlon...)

yeah its been discussed before: basically ever since the V7 he's been using vapors with outsoles of the V6. during 2011 season the only time he used a shoe that at least "looked like" the V8 was the australian open colorway, after that he used basically V6 shoes with colorways similar to ones on retail

Herve 01-08-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Jr (Post 7106883)
As if Nike ID sent him the shoes... aside from the looks they're very different to the Nike ID shoes*.

(*the outsole, the shank, the wear guards, the shape of the toe-box etc.)

Very good marketing though. What a way to raise attention to the NIKEiD..

Yeah, you're right. It's not just the outsole, the shank looks thinner, the toe box more squarish... I'm sure overall it's a much lighter package.

Also, given the fact that Fed will be wearing light blue for his day sessions and considering how all of his outfits were carefully matched until now, i don't really see him wearing a mismatched red V9 with a blue top. My guess is that the light blue one wins.

SQA333 01-09-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herve (Post 7106963)
Yeah, you're right. It's not just the outsole, the shank looks thinner, the toe box more squarish... I'm sure overall it's a much lighter package.

Also, given the fact that Fed will be wearing light blue for his day sessions and considering how all of his outfits were carefully matched until now, i don't really see him wearing a mismatched red V9 with a blue top. My guess is that the light blue one wins.

Isn't the light blue outfit for post-AO events such as Rotterdam and Dubai? :?

spoonmugen 01-09-2013 02:28 AM

guys... u're missing the big point... nike went and did a campaign with adverts with the black/pink vapor (we all saw the adverts) ... surely they would have ran the color/options with fed before ausopen/print... why change now?

did fed get cold feet with wearing hot pink? whoever came up with the color scheme/thought it'll look good on fed... lol good luck

spoonmugen 01-09-2013 02:32 AM

and i'm voting for federer to wear the recently released volt/white scheme....

Yonie 01-09-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoonmugen (Post 7107137)
guys... u're missing the big point... nike went and did a campaign with adverts with the black/pink vapor (we all saw the adverts) ... surely they would have ran the color/options with fed before ausopen/print... why change now?

did fed get cold feet with wearing hot pink? whoever came up with the color scheme/thought it'll look good on fed... lol good luck

I think you didn't get the point.
They're letting us decide his shoes for his DAY outfit, he is definitely gonna wear the black/pink ones from the adverts for his NIGHT outfit.

Lefty78 01-09-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Jr (Post 7106883)
As if Nike ID sent him the shoes...

What do you think, that he made them himself? Just because they're not retail...

spoonmugen 01-09-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yonie (Post 7107146)
I think you didn't get the point.
They're letting us decide his shoes for his DAY outfit, he is definitely gonna wear the black/pink ones from the adverts for his NIGHT outfit.

whens the last time federer wore a day/night outfit to an Ausopen?
think stubborn federer is making a stand against pink... and who can blame him... doesnt look good on feet