Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   PT57E Verification (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450288)

yourname1245 01-08-2013 11:17 AM

PT57E Verification

anyone know of these codes or any other add info. these are my first prostocks just got them. they are PT57e with IG Prestige PJ.

thanks
sal

cork_screw 01-08-2013 11:41 AM

Honestly, it looks like somebody just printed them on with their home computer. Not saying it ain't a pt57e, but the asian letters make it look really strange. I don't think head does that. It might be the pt57e, and the previous owner just applied this on, or it might not be and could just be a regular retail stock or some other pro stock or a TGK stock. Who knows. The serial pallet looks very distinct and I have a few and none look like this.

I wish I could juggle a ball on the stringhead of your frame. I could tell you for sure if it's a pt57e or not just by the feel and flex.

yourname1245 01-08-2013 11:47 AM

i guess if it has that distinct sound on ball contact... that could be a sign? you got me thinking now.

cluckcluck 01-08-2013 12:18 PM

Have you taken any measurements with it? Balance, SW, etc.?

ten11 01-08-2013 12:58 PM

That 3 Chinese characters means "player racket".

Sal, I have a hairline cracked PT57E and live close to you in about 20 minutes drive. If you want to get together to hit, I'd love to try your PT57E.

yourname1245 01-08-2013 02:22 PM

i strung one up and im going to go hit it now. ill let you know.
if it says players racquet i guess i dont have much to worry about.

sal

El Zed 01-08-2013 04:36 PM

Why would an Austrian made racquet have Chinese letters on it indicating "player's racquet" - come on people. I'd be highly skeptical...

eleventeenth street 01-08-2013 04:42 PM

don't all off-the-shelf head frames have codes on the hairpin under the pallets?

so those codes aren't necessarily indicative of them being pro stock frames.

cork_screw 01-08-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten11 (Post 7106127)

Sal, I have a hairline cracked PT57E and live close to you in about 20 minutes drive. If you want to get together to hit, I'd love to try your PT57E.

Honestly, I don't think we care what it means, the fact that it has Chinese lettering and that head doesn't typically put Chinese lettering on any of their racquets let alone pro stocks.

Also, your "hairline crack" - a lot of paintjobs have hairline paint fractures at the 6 o'clock face if you look down ontop of the grommets. I had a pt57e that was brand new and never hit with, and it develops it because they use a very thin coat of paint to not affect the specs. If that is your hairline crack it is just the paint and not the actual frame.

yourname1245 01-08-2013 08:56 PM

A member said that since the new IG paint jobs they have made all the sticks in china... I'm not sure of anyone can confirm.
I did have a hit and I can say this is not a retail frame. Its a shame they can't make retail sticks lime this anymore.

El Zed 01-08-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourname1245 (Post 7106931)
A member said that since the new IG paint jobs they have made all the sticks in china... I'm not sure of anyone can confirm.
I did have a hit and I can say this is not a retail frame. Its a shame they can't make retail sticks lime this anymore.

No, the Pro Tour variants are still made in Austria...

yourname1245 01-09-2013 04:48 AM

Any other pictures or parts of the racquet that could help? For sure just playing it last night I know its not. But the chineses writing is fishy... I'm not sure. Maybe the graphite or final production comes from china?

Fearsome Forehand 01-09-2013 04:56 AM

My gut instinct is that that they are obvious fakes. For one thing, the handles don't look right at all. They should have Head pallets or, if unpalleted, Head cores. As well, the labels look phony as hell.

A real PT57E should be like a Head Pro Tour 280/630 with a slightly stiffer flex.
What do they weigh? What is the string pattern? What kind of grommets do they have. etc?

From the weight on the stickers, the unstrung weight is slightly under 9 ounces? So maybe, almost 11 ounces strung and with a grip? Seems sort of light for a pro frame. That is not as damning as the handles IMHO as a pro stock racket could be made light in anticipation of weight being added during customization.

Where did you buy them? How much did you pay? Did you buy from a reputable seller or out of some guy's trunk in Times Square? Or, from one of those Chinese websites that sell knockoffs?

Those look like typical Chinese knockoffs IMHO. Make sure to wear your "Rolex" when you hit with them and keep them stored in your "Louis Vuitton" tennis bag at all times. :)

I guess these counterfeiting aholes must do a little research on what rackets sell for a premium. Buyer beware.

Fearsome Forehand 01-09-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

I thought they meant, "So Sorry, you have been suckered"

Be very careful who you buy from.

Sal, if you conclude they are fakes, if possible, take them back where you bought them and if they don't refund you, tell them you will be filing police and FBI reports against them for fraud. If you bought them online from the PRC or Hong Kong, you are probably SOL (not SAL.) Good luck!

Now, if you like the rackets, fake or not, and you didn't shell out ridiculous prices for supposedly pro stock frames, you could always keep them.

I have noticed a lot of sellers on the auction site are using the term pro stock rather loosely. If it wasn't a racket made for a pro, it isn't pro stock IMHO.

ten11 01-09-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourname1245 (Post 7107279)
Any other pictures or parts of the racquet that could help? For sure just playing it last night I know its not. But the chineses writing is fishy... I'm not sure. Maybe the graphite or final production comes from china?

why don't you post few more pictures to show butt cap, throat area, side where cap ends? I am not that an expert but there are plenty and we might able to find a trace or two in there.
More importantly, where did you get it? If you get from a player directly, then you know it is real. I did get a pair from a guy, it is unmarked. After the deal, I look-up his name from shipping box in google and hit atp site. The guy is an active atp player.

ten11 01-09-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

I need to explain what player in "player racket" means in Chinese. Player racket does NOT mean what tw means. It is not referring to type of racket heavy, small head size. The player in here means the player been selected. An analogy will be after spring training, a player made to the roaster, then he is a player. So this "player racket" means for those selected player. Hope this helps.

Fearsome Forehand 01-09-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ten11 (Post 7107327)
why don't you post few more pictures to show butt cap, throat area, side where cap ends? I am not that an expert but there are plenty and we might able to find a trace or two in there.
More importantly, where did you get it? If you get from a player directly, then you know it is real. I did get a pair from a guy, it is unmarked. After the deal, I look-up his name from shipping box in google and hit atp site. The guy is an active atp player.

My new return address is going to be Guga, 100 Main St, Anytown, USA.:)

Anyone can put any name as a return address. It seems odd that an ATP player is selling his rackets online. That doesn't seem to happen very much.

The racket itself is the proof. It is pretty easy to spot a fake unless they are extremely well made which is very rare. If there is a clear chain of custody between the buyer and an ATP player or a known customizer like P1 or RPNY then the buyer can be fairly certain the rackets are the real deal.

El Zed 01-09-2013 07:05 AM

Are there any Chinese letters stating that "this is not a fake, but authentic"? Joking of course, but some critical thinking is needed - just because it doesn't feel like a retail racquet doesn't mean it's a pro stock. As FF noted, far more likely its counterfeit.

yourname1245 01-09-2013 08:11 AM

the specs on the handle are dead on to what i measured so as far as that goes it seems alittle off.... i can highly doubt these are fake just by how they play and respond, i have played plenty of fake racquets.
im adding more pictures now, they came with grommets and pallets i removed them to customize.

yourname1245 01-09-2013 08:18 AM

more pictures
the buttcap is the new prostock with the little hole for silicone