Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Adidas Response Comp 2 comfort and quality (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450349)

Boricua 01-09-2013 04:40 AM

Adidas Response Comp 2 comfort and quality

Hi! How does this Adidas Response Comp 2 compare in comfort and overall quality with the Yonex 308 and Asics Resolution?

I ask because I have flat feet and some models like the Nike Vapor does not fit my feet properly as it feels too loose in the back of my foot where the achiles tendon/ ankle is located. On the contrary, Yonex 308 and the Asics Resolution fit well in my feet. Wonder if this Adidas shoe is similar in fit to the 308 or Resolution?

TW Staff 01-09-2013 09:20 AM

The Response Comp will feel more like the Resolution. If you have flat feet (so do I), I'd go with the Response Comp or Resolution instead of the Yonex 308.

Jason, TW

Boricua 01-09-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7107792)
The Response Comp will feel more like the Resolution. If you have flat feet (so do I), I'd go with the Response Comp or Resolution instead of the Yonex 308.

Jason, TW

Interesting. There are a variety of flat feet apparently.:) I say this because I like the fit of the 308 in my flat feet. But, its good to hear that the Adidas Response are similar to the Resolution and so there are more alternatives to choose from. The only shoes that for my feet is a no no are the Barricades. They feel like those uncomfortable, working shoes that I cant wear.

This time I will probably go for the 308 as I just returned some Nike Vapors and buying the Response without trying them out is a risk. I already have the red 308s so I will probably buy the black. I say probably as I could change my mind suddenly as there are excellent shoes around like the Resolution 5, Response, New balance, K Swiss, Lotto, etc...:)

On another note, the Cadence insoles look interesting for people with flat feet. Have you tried them?

TW Staff 01-09-2013 12:14 PM

I have flat feet as well and have tried the Cadence insoles. I find them comfortable for my arch, but I personally prefer them in my casual shoes rather than tennis shoes. I like to sit low in my tennis shoes, and because these are so well padded, I sat up higher in my shoes than my preference. They're very comfortable otherwise, and I use them in my non-court shoes.

Thanks,
Tiffani, TW

Boricua 01-09-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7107792)

Jason, TW

If they are similar to the Resolutions I infer that the Response Comp are very comfortable. [b]Are they as comfortable as the Resolution 5?

I would appreciate your response. Thanks.

Boricua 01-10-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7108173)
I have flat feet as well and have tried the Cadence insoles. I find them comfortable for my arch, but I personally prefer them in my casual shoes rather than tennis shoes. I like to sit low in my tennis shoes, and because these are so well padded, I sat up higher in my shoes than my preference. They're very comfortable otherwise, and I use them in my non-court shoes.

Thanks,
Tiffani, TW

Thanks for the advice.

ArliHawk 01-10-2013 07:27 AM

The Response Comp is a great shoe. I have the bright blue model from a year or two ago, and they are a nice blend of stability and quickness shoe. If you try them, you won't regret it. Wish they had a 6 month guarantee, but I usually kill the cushioning before I wear a hole in the sole.

Boricua 01-10-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArliHawk (Post 7109655)
The Response Comp is a great shoe. I have the bright blue model from a year or two ago, and they are a nice blend of stability and quickness shoe. If you try them, you won't regret it. Wish they had a 6 month guarantee, but I usually kill the cushioning before I wear a hole in the sole.

Yes I tried the blue model in an Adidas store where I live and was surprised that they felt much more cushioned than the Barricades. But, I did not buy them at that time. Maybe I will gamble with the Response and go with an all Adidas apparel and look like a pro.:)

ArliHawk 01-10-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7109734)
Yes I tried the blue model in an Adidas store where I live and was surprised that they felt much more cushioned than the Barricades. But, I did not buy them at that time. Maybe I will gamble with the Response and go with an all Adidas apparel and look like a pro.:)

I'm always of the mindset that my game may not look good, but I can do my best to look good.

Boricua 01-11-2013 04:43 AM

Jason: Is the Response Comp as confortable as the Resolution?

TW Staff 01-11-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7112074)
Jason: Is the Response Comp as confortable as the Resolution?

I've only put the Response Comp shoes on, I have not played in them. Just walking around in them, I'd say they are pretty similar, but it really comes down to how they perform on court, which I haven't experienced with these shoes.

Jason, TW