Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Main Difference Between Resolution 5 and prior Resolutions (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450390)

Boricua 01-09-2013 12:41 PM

Main Difference Between Resolution 5 and prior Resolutions

What makes this Asics Resolution 5 better than prior Resolution models? Is a review coming up?

jorel 01-09-2013 01:10 PM

50 bills........

TW Staff 01-10-2013 02:26 PM

Yes we are playtesting this shoe.

I hit the last proto version which is visually identical to the one which has been released to market and have just started testing the production version. The biggest change is in the durable rubber overlay which surrounds the forefoot and toe area. It has been made more supple so it flexes better, provides better comfort and makes the shoe feel slightly faster to me.

The other change is an improvement in sole durability.

Chris, TW

Boricua 01-11-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7110421)

I hit the last proto version which is visually identical to the one which has been released to market and have just started testing the production version. The biggest change is in the durable rubber overlay which surrounds the forefoot and toe area. It has been made more supple so it flexes better, provides better comfort and makes the shoe feel slightly faster to me.

Chris, TW

In terms of comfort, traction and stability, how do the Resolution 5 compare with the Yonex 308?

TW Staff 01-11-2013 11:46 AM

I was not a big fan of the 308, so there isn't really much of a comparison for me. I liked the 304 and previous models, then skipped to the 308 and found the fit and feel to have changes a fair bit. The 308 didn't offer me either the support or comfort of the Gel Res 5, or any other Gel Res for that matter.

Hope that helps,
Chris, TW

NJ1 01-16-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7110421)

Chris, TW

Chris,

I sized down from my usual size to an 11 in the Gel Res 4s, so what size would I be in the GR5s? An 11, or an 11.5?

Any feedback on sizing would be a great help given how long the 4s were. (I'm a 12 in B7s and an 11.5 in CB4.3s, for further reference)

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the upcoming review.

TW Staff 02-12-2013 09:53 AM

I stayed in size for the 5, but also sized down for the 4. I recommend staying in size for the 5 so I think the 11.5 would fit you best.

Chris, TW

NJ1 02-12-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7209087)
I stayed in size for the 5, but also sized down for the 4. I recommend staying in size for the 5 so I think the 11.5 would fit you best.

Chris, TW

Thanks, Chris. Every time I've followed the TW sizing recs it's worked out perfectly so thanks again for the response.