Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Luxilon or Red Code...? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450414)

MasturB 01-09-2013 08:03 PM

Luxilon or Red Code...?

In years past, I never could afford a Luxilon reel. I always purchased Topspin Cyberflash but the playability of it was very inconsistent after an hour of hitting with it.

I've been using Redcode in my Pure Storm GT Tour for the last year and a half now. It's been a long time since I used Luxilon. That was back when I was using nCode 90/K90. Circumstances have changed and I can afford Luxilon now.

I have a tournament next weekend and I'm almost out of string. Deciding now whether to buy a Lux or Red Code reel. Any suggestions?

mrtrinh 01-09-2013 09:05 PM

is there a reason why you want to change strings? what do you dislike about red code?

MasturB 01-09-2013 10:15 PM

There's nothing I don't like about red code.

I've never tried Lux in my Pure Storm before. I liked Lux when I had it in my old N90/K90's but then it got expensive and I had to stick with the cheaper alternative of Topspin Cyberflash.

Now that I'm much better off financially, Luxilon can enter the picture again.

Of course, if some of you convince me to stay with RC over Lux, I don't mind either. I just need some help soon because I need to get the string by next weekend (which shoudln't be a prob with TW's 2 day shipping).

Ess 01-10-2013 03:29 AM

Glad you can afford Lux now, but changing right before a tourny is a bad idea, particularly when you haven't hit with it in a while. Red Code is a fine string, and if you have no issues with it keep it around, at least until you have time to get used to it again and look a little closer at tensions etc.

Muppet 01-10-2013 05:54 AM

Red Code lasts a lot longer than ALU, but there is no savings in getting the reel. Like was said above, I'd stick with Red Code for now. Maybe get several sets of it and a couple sets of ALU for comparison after the tourney.

Mongolmike 01-10-2013 07:26 AM

I agree with just getting a couple sets... that way you don't have a whole lot of unused string in a reel sitting around... unless you know you can use it on other people's frames or something....

MasturB 01-10-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muppet (Post 7109492)
Red Code lasts a lot longer than ALU, but there is no savings in getting the reel. Like was said above, I'd stick with Red Code for now. Maybe get several sets of it and a couple sets of ALU for comparison after the tourney.

When I did the math (calculating length of reel and price vs. price of sets) I save a few bucks on redcode and about $35 with Lux reel.

ohcaptain 01-12-2013 10:04 AM

yep, save changes for after tournament, but make no mistake: red code and alu power are totally in different leagues