Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Siobhan (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450614)

XFactorer 01-11-2013 12:36 PM

Siobhan
 
I was gearing up for the Ducks Tennis Fan Day and I was looking at the team photos... Siobhan is a former DUCK? Yeah!

...that's it. A quick shout out from Eugene. :-D

TW Staff 01-11-2013 12:59 PM

@XFactorer,

Yes I am, I graduated 2011. Go Ducks! Have fun tonight and make them run - tell them I say hi!

Siobhan, TW

Nostradamus 01-11-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7113217)
@XFactorer,

Yes I am, I graduated 2011. Go Ducks! Have fun tonight and make them run - tell them I say hi!

Siobhan, TW

I knew you were a great player. Did you play Stanford Cardinal girls during college career ? who did you play ? and how did you do ?

TW Staff 01-13-2013 10:51 PM

@Nostradamus,

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say. When I think back with my horrible memory, I did play maybe a couple of them maybe freshman year, Hansen was one I think? I lost to her, 2 and 4 if I remember correctly. I would have played them more because they are in our schedule, but I spent a remarkable amount of time in my college career with back and ankle injuries (that I ended up having surgery for) so I spent a lot less time on court both training and competing than I wanted to.

Siobhan, TW

Boricua 01-16-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7118317)
@Nostradamus,

Thank you, that's very nice of you to say. When I think back with my horrible memory, I did play maybe a couple of them maybe freshman year, Hansen was one I think? I lost to her, 2 and 4 if I remember correctly. I would have played them more because they are in our schedule, but I spent a remarkable amount of time in my college career with back and ankle injuries (that I ended up having surgery for) so I spent a lot less time on court both training and competing than I wanted to.

Siobhan, TW

I read you use Asics Solution shoes. You state you had ankle problems, do the Solutions work well for you? I experience minor pain in my ankles when playing with the Solutions. Do you use some type of ankle brace?

ollinger 01-16-2013 10:33 AM

.....or perhaps an ankle brace?

Boricua 01-16-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 7126142)
.....or perhaps an ankle brace?

Yes brace, i knew I was using the term wrong

TW Staff 01-16-2013 03:37 PM

Siobhan does not wear a brace or tape her ankles.

Since joining TW her ankles have become much stronger from running down many, many drop shots.

Chris, TW
PS - Siobhan, you're welcome :)

diredesire 01-16-2013 10:50 PM

I wonder if I ever strung Siobhan's racquets when she played at UW? :twisted:

TW Staff 01-16-2013 11:40 PM

@Boricua,

To be honest, I like the Solutions as speed shoe but I prefer the Resolution 4s. They just feel a little more stable, give more support and I like that slightly chunkier/safer feeling over the light and fast like the Solutions. Both are amazing shoes, I could rave about Asics all day, but the Res 4s give you the speed as well as the safety.

My ankle has healed completely from the injury and the surgery (even tho that took years). Like Chris said (thanks, by the way, always got my back ha), I haven't worn a brace at TW, mostly because, to be honest I kept forgetting to get one, and thus I got my moving confidence back without it. (Although Chris gives me more credit, I generally just don't bother running for his dropshots and just say something rude to him instead).

This is my favorite brace: ASO Ankle Braces http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/ASO_...ASO-ASOAB.html I would definitely suggest it, it has the laces that are adjustable, and the wrap around straps - it provides the best support out of any brace I've worn. Quick to put on, really supportive without having any stiffness.

@diredesire, the only time I was going to be playing at UW (because I was injured other times we went), they actually forgot about the dual match and didn't show up at their own courts! So we didn't need any stringing done because we actually just drove back to Oregon.

Siobhan, TW

diredesire 01-17-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7128019)
@diredesire, the only time I was going to be playing at UW (because I was injured other times we went), they actually forgot about the dual match and didn't show up at their own courts! So we didn't need any stringing done because we actually just drove back to Oregon.

Siobhan, TW

Classic. Was that a forfeit?
(I hate to admit it, but even though I strung there for 5-6 years, I never really followed the results...)

TW Staff 01-21-2013 11:57 PM

@diredesire,

No I wish. We drove home then they came up to Oregon and beat us. How depressing.

Siobhan, TW


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse