Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   WQXR: Djokovic Is Among Top Five Famous Classical Music Fans (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450672)

5555 01-12-2013 02:37 AM

WQXR: Djokovic Is Among Top Five Famous Classical Music Fans
 
http://www.wqxr.org/#!/articles/top-...al-music-fans/


Is Djokovic more intellectual than Federer and Nadal?

Hawkeye7 01-12-2013 02:42 AM

Are you his PR-manager or sth.?

Jeffrey573639 01-12-2013 02:53 AM

Totally agree with OP. If you listen to classical, you are clearly more 'intellectual' than someone who doesn't.

merlinpinpin 01-12-2013 03:05 AM

!is that a fact, or just more rubbish?

Carsomyr 01-12-2013 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey573639 (Post 7114378)
Totally agree with OP. If you listen to classical, you are clearly more 'intellectual' than someone who doesn't.

Yep. That's a fact.

Numenor 01-12-2013 10:08 AM

OP, that list lost all credibility when it listed Kanye in the honorable mentions section.

I would put Tipsy and Youzhny as the most intellectual tennis players.

Clarky21 01-12-2013 10:15 AM

Nadal has said many times that he likes classical music as well. Is he intellectual too?

TTMR 01-12-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7114909)
Nadal has said many times that he likes classical music as well. Is he intellectual too?

Please. He can't even speak English, and that's the most basic requirement.

beast of mallorca 01-12-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5555 (Post 7114356)
http://www.wqxr.org/#!/articles/top-...al-music-fans/


Is Djokovic more intellectual than Federer and Nadal?

is that an opinion or a fact ? :)

Kirijax 01-12-2013 10:24 AM

I'm surprised. I figured he liked anime songs.

TheNatural 01-12-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5555 (Post 7114356)
http://www.wqxr.org/#!/articles/top-...al-music-fans/


Is Djokovic more intellectual than Federer and Nadal?

Not until he learns to compose and play his own classical music. I'm sure he can afford a violin. :)



Anyone can listen to classical music.;)

kishnabe 01-12-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNatural (Post 7114973)
Not until he learns to compose and play his own classical music. I'm sure he can afford a violin. :)



Anyone can listen to classical music.;)

He plays good Piano.

Classical Music doesn't make someone intelligent. There are plenty of intelligent people who listen to Rap and Rock.

Emet74 01-12-2013 11:03 AM

LOL.

Fed likes some classical music as well, though I don't think opera. But he's had Beethoven and Chopin pieces on his i-pod. And last year he went with his mom to a Beethoven violin concert in Rotterdam for her b-day. OK, it was a b-day outing for her but doubt they would have gone if he hated that kinda stuff.

Anyway, that said, of course Djoko is more intellectual than Fed and Nadal - I thought that was common knowledge? That's obvious from his interviews, the types of movies he sees etc.

Nadal at least does read some books though; Fed isn't a book-reader at all and when he talks about movies it's usually James Bond kinda stuff. "Good Will Hunting" is about as "arty" as he goes to my knowledge anyway.

always_crosscourt 01-12-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numenor (Post 7114900)
OP, that list lost all credibility when it listed Kanye in the honorable mentions section.

I would put Tipsy and Youzhny as the most intellectual tennis players.

James Blake and Mario Ancic can clearly join those two, the former having an Ivy League education, and the latter now being a lawyer.

Cesc Fabregas 01-12-2013 01:03 PM

Nadal told me he listens to Bartok and Stravinsky.

tennis_pro 01-12-2013 01:08 PM

Dis an opinion or a fact?

Jeffrey573639 01-12-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emet74 (Post 7114992)
LOL.

Fed likes some classical music as well, though I don't think opera. But he's had Beethoven and Chopin pieces on his i-pod. And last year he went with his mom to a Beethoven violin concert in Rotterdam for her b-day. OK, it was a b-day outing for her but doubt they would have gone if he hated that kinda stuff.

Anyway, that said, of course Djoko is more intellectual than Fed and Nadal - I thought that was common knowledge? That's obvious from his interviews, the types of movies he sees etc.

Nadal at least does read some books though; Fed isn't a book-reader at all and when he talks about movies it's usually James Bond kinda stuff. "Good Will Hunting" is about as "arty" as he goes to my knowledge anyway.

That's a bit judgemental- just because someone doesn't read books and likes James Bond doesn't mean they're not an intellectual. Hell discussing how 'intellectual' players are is pretty pointless. For all we know Fed might watch documentaries on Nietzche right after matches

Mainad 01-12-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTMR (Post 7114911)
Please. He can't even speak English, and that's the most basic requirement.

Plato and Aristotle, Leonardo da Vinci and Beethoven couldn't speak English either. Does that mean they weren't intellectuals? :)

Hood_Man 01-12-2013 02:50 PM

I listen to classical music. The other night I spent 45 minutes looking for my glasses only to realise I was wearing them.

Your theory has flaws.

Sid_Vicious 01-12-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mainad (Post 7115249)
Plato and Aristotle, Leonardo da Vinci and Beethoven couldn't speak English either. Does that mean they weren't intellectuals? :)

You still haven't figured out that TTMR specializes in sarcasm, have you? You have been falling for his bait for months now.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse