Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jack Sock racquet (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450683)

Sir Larry Wildman 01-12-2013 07:00 AM

Jack Sock racquet
 
Is Jack Sock still using an AeroStorm, with the new 2013 AeroPro paint job or has he switched to something else? Is Babolat coming out with a replacement for the AeroStorm line? Thoughts?


drakulie 01-12-2013 07:29 AM

I just strung yesterday, 4 aero storm tours with the new aero pro drive paint job. So could be that he is using the same frame.

topspin18 01-12-2013 08:08 AM

Does he use lux Alu, strung in the 40lbs?

Blaxican10s 01-12-2013 11:43 AM

So... Drak, you're stringing down under??? Awesome!

drakulie 01-12-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topspin18 (Post 7114741)
Does he use lux Alu, strung in the 40lbs?

he tried out the alu power when we recommended it to him in cincinnatti. He was stringing at 38. Not sure if he is still using it, although from the photo,, it does seem to be alu power. The tension fluctuates between 38-40.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaxican10s (Post 7115084)
So... Drak, you're stringing down under??? Awesome!

No. I'm currently stringing at a futures in Florida. I strung for him last year at the same futures, Delray ATP, and at Cincy with Priority One.

DownTheLineWith90 01-12-2013 07:47 PM

wow..
Now I want to try 38 lbs.
Wonder how he contains the power and controls the ball so well?

mrmo1115 01-12-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7114684)
I just strung yesterday, 4 aero storm tours with the new aero pro drive paint job. So could be that he is using the same frame.

I thought he was using just the regular Aero Storm?

TheCheese 01-12-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownTheLineWith90 (Post 7115783)
wow..
Now I want to try 38 lbs.
Wonder how he contains the power and controls the ball so well?

You can generate more spin at lower tension when using poly.

West Coast Ace 01-15-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCheese (Post 7115893)
You can generate more spin at lower tension when using poly.

+1. And (the equivalent of) millions of dollars of instruction and practice time. People who've never been to an ATP event and stood at the practice courts can't imagine the work they put on their shots.

DownTheLineWith90 01-15-2013 05:25 PM

I just checked my strings on my 90s and they're 33.7 pounds..
My balls go flying.
I have no idea how the tension fell from 51 to 33.7 in less than two weeks..

Doubles 01-15-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownTheLineWith90 (Post 7123953)
I just checked my strings on my 90s and they're 33.7 pounds..
My balls go flying.
I have no idea how the tension fell from 51 to 33.7 in less than two weeks..

Because it's poly, and lux at that. Poly has terrible tension maintenance, and Lux is one of the worst.

AlfaAce 01-15-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubles (Post 7124565)
Because it's poly, and lux at that. Poly has terrible tension maintenance, and Lux is one of the worst.

Supposedly not Lux G4 though.

Doubles 01-15-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfaAce (Post 7124576)
Supposedly not Lux G4 though.

Yes, but his signature states that he uses ALU. Furthermore, other than 4G none of Luxilon's strings offerings have good tension maintenance.

tmc5005 07-26-2014 04:37 AM

Wow if he was using the Aeropro or the Aerostorm no wonder he needed elbow surgery. For a young professional especially one with a two handed backhand having elbow problems is extremely rare that tells me his racquet really must of played a huge part. I saw him play last night and he was still wearing an elbow brace and appeared to be using the Aeropro Drive. This poor guy is getting awful advice on tennis racquets.

vsbabolat 07-26-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmc5005 (Post 8591596)
Wow if he was using the Aeropro or the Aerostorm no wonder he needed elbow surgery. For a young professional especially one with a two handed backhand having elbow problems is extremely rare that tells me his racquet really must of played a huge part. I saw him play last night and he was still wearing an elbow brace and appeared to be using the Aeropro Drive. This poor guy is getting awful advice on tennis racquets.

Sock uses the Aero Storm

Devilito 07-26-2014 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmc5005 (Post 8591596)
Wow if he was using the Aeropro or the Aerostorm no wonder he needed elbow surgery. For a young professional especially one with a two handed backhand having elbow problems is extremely rare that tells me his racquet really must of played a huge part. I saw him play last night and he was still wearing an elbow brace and appeared to be using the Aeropro Drive. This poor guy is getting awful advice on tennis racquets.

lulwut? Aerostorm is a super comfortable and solid feeling racquet. It was one of the best racquets Babolat made.

Devilito 07-26-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownTheLineWith90 (Post 7123953)
I just checked my strings on my 90s and they're 33.7 pounds..
My balls go flying.

You're using 2 week old poly which has lost a big portion of it's elasticity therefore your snapback is way less than a freshly strung stick at 38lbs. Plus you don't swing nearly as fast as a pro who can put plenty of spin on the ball to maintain control. Your shots, compared to a pro, are about as flat as a pancake. Some casual players think they put a lot of spin on the ball. They don't.

Kevb22 07-26-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilito (Post 8591699)
lulwut? Aerostorm is a super comfortable and solid feeling racquet. It was one of the best racquets Babolat made.

+1. The AS is just terrific. 40LBS??? WTF, is really low. But I want to try it:razz:. I thought he is using the standard, not the tour. In the pics looks like the regular one.

MIKEPANTELAKIS 07-26-2014 08:37 PM

working in Atlanta at the YST booth near the stringers. Can confirm that Jack uses the Aero Storm Tour GT. Alu Rough around 40 pounds.

Devilito 07-27-2014 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevb22 (Post 8592540)
+1. The AS is just terrific. 40LBS??? WTF, is really low. But I want to try it:razz:. I thought he is using the standard, not the tour. In the pics looks like the regular one.

its a dense string pattern 16x20. 40lbs about perfect for this stick. Futures players I practice with are stringing even under 40lbs. Depending what type of poly and if its a full bed or hybrid.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse