Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   My Fischers (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450684)

Dino Lagaffe 01-12-2013 07:16 AM

My Fischers

Here are my Fischers:

Cesare 01-12-2013 07:33 AM

i love the vacuum twin tec pro, i own the Carl Uwe Steeb signature, and it's a quite unique frame,with great of feel on it

Dino Lagaffe 01-12-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesare (Post 7114695)
i love the vacuum twin tec pro, i own the Carl Uwe Steeb signature, and it's a quite unique frame,with great of feel on it

I haven't played it enough to really have an opinion, but the one to the left of it, the Vacuum Elliptic Pro, is one of my favorites.

Cesare 01-12-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dino Lagaffe (Post 7114720)
I haven't played it enough to really have an opinion, but the one to the left of it, the Vacuum Elliptic Pro, is one of my favorites.

that's a very nice racquet indeed, but quite rare, isn't? lucky You!

rickz 03-04-2013 04:22 PM

very nice, dino. if you have any hitting experience with a pro tour, please share.

lgbalfa 03-14-2013 01:32 PM

what is the history of the vacuum pro 90 (aqua)?

stich used that right?

Ross K 03-14-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dino Lagaffe (Post 7114660)
Here are my Fischers:

Very nice indeed.:cool: Which is your fav of the lot?

coachrick 03-14-2013 02:21 PM

I was always bugged by the models with the right side/left side string groove orientation a la traditional wood frames. Even two decades after having some 'either way' frames(SuperForm, all the metals, etc), Fischer returned to the 'double grooves only on one side' pattern in some models. Kinda caught you off guard when Kelly Evernden came running in with a racket he needed in 20 minutes(and you hadn't strung one of those in 6 months since the City Championships :( ) .
NO...it's not HARD to figure out the pattern; BUT...
I have to wonder why they would orient the stringing this way, especially since there is no "O-Port: or "Roller" 'technology' than would require such. BAH on making the stringing more complicated that it needs to be... BAH !

NEXT thing you know, Babolat will introduce rackets that have tie-offs ONLY for one-piece stringing! BAH!

coachrick 03-14-2013 02:25 PM

Mini-rant over ;)...Haven't had one of those to string in YEARS.

OK, guys, IF I'm finally going to enter THIS century and post some photos, is Photobucket the service to use??? or is there a better, easier, more flexible way to go?

retrowagen 03-14-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachrick (Post 7274566)
I was always bugged by the models with the right side/left side string groove orientation a la traditional wood frames. Even two decades after having some 'either way' frames (SuperForm, all the metals, etc), Fischer returned to the 'double grooves only on one side' pattern in some models. Kinda caught you off guard when Kelly Evernden came running in with a racket he needed in 20 minutes...

Ha ha! I actually have one of Kelly Evernden's old Vacuum Pro Mids in my possession! Maybe you've even put string in it... under a crazy time crunch! :)

And I would personally recommend photobucket. It works for me.

coachrick 03-14-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retrowagen (Post 7274606)
Ha ha! I actually have one of Kelly Evernden's old Vacuum Pro Mids in my possession! Maybe you've even put string in it... under a crazy time crunch!

And I would personally recommend photobucket. It works for me.

Yep...coulda been one of mine :) . Interestingly, Kelly took the Michael Chang 'string it right before my match' approach to the next level. When he played in the Atlanta City Open a couple of years, he made sure I was on site when he had a match. He wanted his rackets fresh off the machine, if possible. More than once, he would start with 'yesterday's' racket and have me string one to be delivered immediately to him during the match. Then, if I completed another during that match, he would often switch to THAT one immediately. Guy's a heck of a player! Maybe that would work for ME! ;) Nah, who am I kidding? My YY8500 has the strings I put in it in 1995 and my Kennex Micro prototype has strings from '84 !!! ;)

I'll see if I can add to the great collection posted by Dino. Mine includes quite a few models from the '70s...including some models I used back then. Now, if I can just figure out how to turn on this camera :) .

retrowagen 03-14-2013 03:16 PM

I heard Kelly Evernden could beat you with only one lung in his chest! Sounds vaguely Chuck Norris-esque. I'm sure the freshest strings played a huge role in his pro tennis prowess.

I'll have to see if I can post some pix of my Fischers too.

Dino's Vacuum Elliptic Pro is a really sweet racquet. If only these were still available - I'm sure it would be widely popular as it plays like a modern power racquet with classic feel and control! :)

Mike Bulgakov 03-14-2013 11:52 PM

Dino, you need to add some VT PRO 98 and Pro Classic 98 racquets to your collection!

Dino Lagaffe 03-16-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickz (Post 7251063)
very nice, dino. if you have any hitting experience with a pro tour, please share.

I fear I haven't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgbalfa (Post 7274444)
what is the history of the vacuum pro 90 (aqua)? stich used that right?

I used to remember things like that, and scores etc. Not so much anymore, I'm afraid...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross K (Post 7274466)
Very nice indeed.:cool: Which is your fav of the lot?

Thanks, Ross. The Vacuum Elliptic Pro is the one I like the most of the bunch. Very nice racquet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Bulgakov (Post 7276258)
Dino, you need to add some VT PRO 98 and Pro Classic 98 racquets to your collection!

Yeah, Mike, I really do... I've focused more on Heads, Donnays and Dunlops lately, but I feel I really need to add to my Fischer-collection eventually.

modena 03-24-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dino Lagaffe (Post 7114720)

I have a Fischer Vacuum Elliptic Team.

What would be the difference between the Elliptic Pro and Elliptic Team? Somehow I am unable to get more info on the Elliptic Team. They seem to share similar(but not exactly 100%) color theme finishing.

I guess it could be the material? On the Elliptic Team, its printed with "Boron Graphite".

Anyone out there has come across this racket? Any opinion?

modena 03-24-2013 09:37 PM

Sorry, the full model is the Fischer Vacuum Elliptic Team Mid Plus 98.

mctennis 04-16-2013 06:36 PM

I always liked older Fischer racquets. Nice playing and such great feel to them. Great collection.