Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Solinco Tour Bite Soft (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450701)

tennisnut09 01-12-2013 01:52 PM

Solinco Tour Bite Soft

Does anyone hit with this string? I saw this new string on tennis.com site. Is it available yet?

tennis_enthusiast 01-12-2013 03:12 PM

The search function is your friend.

pvaudio 01-12-2013 04:12 PM

I am "dying" to get my hands on a set.

mikeler 01-12-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pvaudio (Post 7115333)
I am "dying" to get my hands on a set.

Just a terrible joke. Of course I laughed though...:)

SteveI 01-13-2013 03:03 AM

If this is the stuff I playtested last summer...I am all in with this one.

There is the link to the the Tennis.com review:

http://www.tennis.com/gear/2013/01/f...-string/45939/

suppawat 01-13-2013 07:38 AM

I have tested the Tour Bite Soft on a few Prestige Mid frames. The Tour Bite Soft color is slightly lighter than regular Tour Bite. It plays very soft somewhat similar to Weisscannon Mosquito Bite, but clearly more bite. It's a bit too soft for me. Unlike other soft poly strings, Tour Bite Soft doesn't have that springy/plastic feel. I get a good sense of where the ball is going on hard hitting. Even though it's very comfortable on hard hitting, I still like crisper feel of Tour Bite 19.

v-verb 01-13-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suppawat (Post 7116394)
I have tested the Tour Bite Soft on a few Prestige Mid frames. The Tour Bite Soft color is slightly lighter than regular Tour Bite. It plays very soft somewhat similar to Weisscannon Mosquito Bite, but clearly more bite. It's a bit too soft for me. Unlike other soft poly strings, Tour Bite Soft doesn't have that springy/plastic feel. I get a good sense of where the ball is going on hard hitting. Even though it's very comfortable on hard hitting, I still like crisper feel of Tour Bite 19.

Thanks! I was wondering how you liked the TB 19. I'll probably get a few sets and try them out. TW doesn't carry them for some reason so I'll have to look elsewhere

Cheers

nigel

tennisnut09 01-13-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks for your brief info. I google it and it is available in Thailand for 450 bath. I would like to try it when it comes out in the US.

scotus 01-13-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Which gauge of "Soft" did you playtest?

tennisnut09 01-19-2013 02:42 PM

bumped for update.

JDMasFCK 01-19-2013 06:11 PM

Local store carries them in reels now, Solinco has them all ready to ship but I have no date on when they are coming out to everyone. TB Soft 17G is my go to string now...10x better than the original TB in all categories

tennis_enthusiast 01-19-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMasFCK (Post 7136813)
Local store carries them in reels now, Solinco has them all ready to ship but I have no date on when they are coming out to everyone. TB Soft 17G is my go to string now...10x better than the original TB in all categories

What is the retail price on a reel of TB Soft?

JDMasFCK 01-19-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_enthusiast (Post 7137151)

I'm not sure I never asked them about it.

tennisnut09 01-20-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_enthusiast (Post 7137151)

I saw it online from a store in Thailand list price = 450 baht per set. It is around US $14-$15 per set.

lopi 02-01-2013 05:20 PM

I Tried the TB soft couple of months ago and it is by far the best sting ever for me!! Yes it is much softer VS the original TB, not as crisp but very comfortable. If you have litle issue with your arm that string is a lifesaver. I just tried the RPM this week to compare and there are no comparison in my opinion. TB soft all the way. Better control, not mushy after 1 hour, no plastic feel, alot of power. Its gonna be a big winner. My ball was always little short with the normal Tourbite, now with the soft it is couple of feet deeper. I got a reel of 17 soft. If someone wanna try just send me a email. Of course this is my personal opinion about the string and it always depend of your style, racquet, tension etc. Some persons will love it and some won't!!

NTRP 6.0 and Tourbite soft at 38/40lbs!

Fuji 02-01-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopi (Post 7185381)
I Tried the TB soft couple of months ago and it is by far the best sting ever for me!! Yes it is much softer VS the original TB, not as crisp but very comfortable. If you have litle issue with your arm that string is a lifesaver. I just tried the RPM this week to compare and there are no comparison in my opinion. TB soft all the way. Better control, not mushy after 1 hour, no plastic feel, alot of power. Its gonna be a big winner. My ball was always little short with the normal Tourbite, now with the soft it is couple of feet deeper. I got a reel of 17 soft. If someone wanna try just send me a email. Of course this is my personal opinion about the string and it always depend of your style, racquet, tension etc. Some persons will love it and some won't!!

NTRP 6.0 and Tourbite soft at 38/40lbs!

Would you mind mailing me please?

Cheers!

-Fuji

lopi 02-01-2013 08:06 PM

what is your email?

Sander001 02-01-2013 08:45 PM

What gauges does Tour Bite Soft come in?

Fuji 02-01-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopi (Post 7185687)
what is your email?

Jesse_Lysenko [at] l i v e [.] c a

-Fuji

JDMasFCK 02-01-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sander001 (Post 7185761)
What gauges does Tour Bite Soft come in?

16G and 17G