Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lobster Elite Grand V - Stopped Working (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450743)

groove2k 01-13-2013 12:52 AM

Lobster Elite Grand V - Stopped Working
 
I took out my Grand V yesterday for the third time with a full battery. The machine stopped working before I even finished a load of balls so I shook it off thinking it may just have needed a recharge since I didn't charge it at all during the holidays. The green light came on before 2 hours of charging but the machine would not come back on. Has anybody ever had this issue before?

BoingTennis 01-13-2013 06:14 AM

If the machine is new, it's probably just the circuit breaker being tripped. Check for a small black switch under the machine.

If the machine is old, it could be a bad battery. The LCD panel would give you "Battery Depleted" message. My battery is approx two years old and the machine would stop after only 2 hours now.

groove2k 01-13-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoingTennis (Post 7116349)
If the machine is new, it's probably just the circuit breaker being tripped. Check for a small black switch under the machine.

If the machine is old, it could be a bad battery. The LCD panel would give you "Battery Depleted" message. My battery is approx two years old and the machine would stop after only 2 hours now.


The machine is new. That was only the third time that I used it since it was shipped to me. I'll take a look at the bottom of the machine tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

Tyler91 01-13-2013 06:33 PM

I haven't had the problem you describe, but I have noticed that the green/red indicator light on the charger isn't very predictable or reliable. It never seems to turn green. But, the unit seems to take and hold a good full charge.

Chotobaka 01-13-2013 07:11 PM

Have you contacted Lobster? They seem to have good CS and will surely take care of any problem with a new machine under warranty.

BoingTennis 01-13-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove2k (Post 7117302)
The machine is new. That was only the third time that I used it since it was shipped to me. I'll take a look at the bottom of the machine tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

Correction, the small switch is not really under the machine but it's on the opposite side of the main power switch. If you're looking at the LCD, the main power switch is on the left side and this small breaker switch is on the right side.

groove2k 01-14-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chotobaka (Post 7117930)
Have you contacted Lobster? They seem to have good CS and will surely take care of any problem with a new machine under warranty.

I will be contacting Lobster today. Their CS was closed over the week-end. It looks like we have an active member (tpotter) that is associated with Lobster. I hope he sees this thread also.

groove2k 01-14-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoingTennis (Post 7118183)
Correction, the small switch is not really under the machine but it's on the opposite side of the main power switch. If you're looking at the LCD, the main power switch is on the left side and this small breaker switch is on the right side.

Thank you gents! I never would have thought about flipping the thing over if not for your tips. I tilted it and lo and behold, the switches were there. They were located at the bottom of the machine (at least on my model 2012).

I will post pictures for future reference in case other folks run into the same issue.

Thanks once again :)

groove2k 01-14-2013 07:00 AM

http://i46.tinypic.com/67k26r.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/23k9j80.jpg

beernutz 01-14-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove2k (Post 7118927)
Thank you gents! I never would have thought about flipping the thing over if not for your tips. I tilted it and lo and behold, the switches were there. They were located at the bottom of the machine (at least on my model 2012).

I will post pictures for future reference in case other folks run into the same issue.

Thanks once again :)

So was the circuit breaker being tripped the problem and did resetting the switch fix it?

groove2k 01-15-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beernutz (Post 7119357)
So was the circuit breaker being tripped the problem and did resetting the switch fix it?

The breaker was tripped. I turned the machine on its side, turned off the main power switch and toggled the circuit breaker switch. The machine purred back to life once I hit the on button.

Thanks again everyone.

The links above show the two switches.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse