Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Revelation Pro Tour vs Pro Staff Classic (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450745)

Lavs 01-13-2013 01:11 AM

Revelation Pro Tour vs Pro Staff Classic

literally the same mold.

and same static weight.
key difference is swingweight and balance where Wilson is much more HL. I got my hand this Pro Staff Classic 7.0 and will giving it a shot in a couple of hours.

Anyone tried it? Impressions?

coachrick 01-13-2013 06:56 AM

No PWS and 19 mains in the Dunlop, I reckon. But you're right, looks like practically the same silhouette. Back then, Dunlop had some interesting skinny models; but the 'rage' was all wide and mid-bodies. We saw a few of the 'players' rackets from Dunlop, but the wider Revelations were selling like hotcakes.

Lavs 01-13-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachrick (Post 7116416)
No PWS and 19 mains in the Dunlop, I reckon. But you're right, looks like practically the same silhouette. Back then, Dunlop had some interesting skinny models; but the 'rage' was all wide and mid-bodies. We saw a few of the 'players' rackets from Dunlop, but the wider Revelations were selling like hotcakes.

yes, different string patterns.. and I would say Revs beat PSC 16x18 in terms of controllable power.
Just played both sticks. Started with PSC 7.0 (as on pics above). Too soft for me. No power at all. Not as stable as my Revelations. The only huge advantage - extremely maneuverable... but I can not sacrifice stability for anything else..
So I played with Classic till 3:4 in the first set then switched to my beloved Dunlop and did not change it untill the end of the game.. I won 7:6, 6:4.
Nothing beat Dunlop Revelation Tour Pro for me nowadays :)

coachrick 01-13-2013 08:27 AM

Is your Dunlop one of the models with the somewhat rubbery matte finish or the hard candy shell?(I see some gloss in the photo, but the racket's
~20 years old) Those looked a little ratty after seeing some action. I know the stringers had to be very careful of the finish when installing the middle main strings.

Lavs 01-13-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachrick (Post 7116564)
Is your Dunlop one of the models with the somewhat rubbery matte finish or the hard candy shell?(I see some gloss in the photo, but the racket's
~20 years old) Those looked a little ratty after seeing some action. I know the stringers had to be very careful of the finish when installing the middle main strings.

matte.. finish just like Pro Staff Classic.
but, as far as I know there were also glossy Revelations Tours

Automatix 01-13-2013 11:09 AM

The Rev Pro Tour is a very good frame. I have the +1,0 inch version.
I actually found 3 grommet sets for these in a reasonable price but someone was a smidgeon quicker than me and bought them out. I am depressed. :(

Lavs 01-13-2013 12:58 PM

Yes. These racket is really amazing. It makes me so confident in the game...

Lavs 01-13-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatix (Post 7116824)
The Rev Pro Tour is a very good frame. I have the +1,0 inch version.
I actually found 3 grommet sets for these in a reasonable price but someone was a smidgeon quicker than me and bought them out. I am depressed. :(

Automatix, what is you setup in Rev +1.0 ? Strings and tension you use?

Automatix 01-13-2013 01:09 PM

Before my grommets went to smithereens I've been really happy with Isospeed Control strung at 24kp in the mains, and 22.5kp in the crosses.

Since Isospeed Control isn't a powerful multi I still had plenty of control over the ball with great, soft feel and ball pocketing.

Lavs 01-13-2013 01:16 PM

I used to use RIP Control 17g @ 55 and was really happy. The only drawback was they went dead too fast.. my current setup is BBO @ 54 and it is tad stiff to me (though I like kind of stiffness/firmness).. but my shoulder starts to whisper me - please go back to some softer strings :)
So may be I will try next time Isospeed Control (softer brother of Rip Control) :)

Automatix 01-13-2013 01:22 PM

Yeah Isospeed Control is definitely softer. It doesn't have a core like RIP Control.
I'm actually testing out an even softer ribbon construction multi than these, the cross from the Intellitour hybrid which shares the construction of Isospeed Control/Professional and is made by Isospeed for Head, however it is softer, on paper at least (RSI data).

Of course my test won't be for the Rev Pro Tour... which is a shame.