Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Need new racquet (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450765)

acmorganti 01-13-2013 08:22 AM

Need new racquet
 
Hi people.

I'm playing tennig since 5 years old. Now, I'm 36 years old. I play 2 - 3 times per week. I guess I am an intermediate player.

I was playing with Prince Diablo Tour MP. One of them was crashed and I need to new racquet. Stead of to get only new one, I want to try new models.

My brother had a Pure Drive Team as a backup and I'm using it. I never played well with racquets with beam higher than 22. I used BB 11 Mid and Head Liq Radical Tour.

But, I'm enjoying to play with PD Team. It's very easy to send the ball back. Servers are so easy and put effects as well. But it is very stiff. I had problems with elbow in the past and I am very afraid to get it again. I am having a problem in my shoulder but I dont believe the PD Team is the cause. By the way...I want to try more models.

I was seeing the forum and found good words to Volkl Organix 10 (295) and Organix 8. I like the Volkl because the quality of them is so high.

I saw the topics related to PD Rodick 2012. I believe the mass higher than regular PD could be more confortable to the arm. But, There is Volkl X8 315g and I believe this is very similar to PDR but more confortable.

I dont now if I will go with Volkl X8 315g or X10 and customize it.

Thank your helping
BR
Andre

Steve Huff 01-13-2013 10:13 AM

You should try the Pro Kennex ki5. It has a 22mm width beam. It's easy on the arm, and plays softer than the stiffness index would indicate. You really won't know if you like it until you hit with it, but if you worry about arm problems, it's one you should at least give a try.

Kal-El 34 01-13-2013 10:16 AM

if you like the pure drive, but would like some more feel and better on the arm I would recommend a look at the Donnay Formula 100.

etd 01-13-2013 12:57 PM

The new Head Graphene Speed MP is worth a try. I was very impressed with it during my 1 hour demo.

scambi 01-13-2013 01:54 PM

PDR 2012 always the best.

acmorganti 01-13-2013 02:00 PM

Thanks for all suggestion.

Prokennex is a good choice. I heard a lot of good words about kinect system. I will try ki 5.

Donnay is very difficult to be tried because there is no local distribution in my country. Or import or forget it. I checked the specs and Formula 100 is very close to Pure Drive and by TW review it looks like more confortable.

And Volkls? Any suggestion?

I was checking Yonex also and Vcore 100S or 98D are good choices.

Thanks
BR
Andre

Andyroo10567 01-13-2013 02:06 PM

Try a Volkl C10 Pro or PB10.

sstchur 01-13-2013 08:52 PM

I can second the folks who recommended PK. I own the 5G, 7G, Ki5, Redondo, Q5, and a few others.

They are all really good, but I love the way the 5G feels.

cork_screw 01-13-2013 08:58 PM

I used to own the pure drive 2012 as did older pure drives. I found that the more I played with it, it was prone to launching the ball even when just trying to block back a very hard shot. Someone coming from a very lower powered racquet like the diablo should be weary about something so contrasty in playing power. If you need the power, seek out more about it. But for someone who played with the racquet you formally did, it sounds like it might have too much power for your game. I would try to check out some more classic style sticks.

acmorganti 01-14-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cork_screw (Post 7118177)
I used to own the pure drive 2012 as did older pure drives. I found that the more I played with it, it was prone to launching the ball even when just trying to block back a very hard shot. Someone coming from a very lower powered racquet like the diablo should be weary about something so contrasty in playing power. If you need the power, seek out more about it. But for someone who played with the racquet you formally did, it sounds like it might have too much power for your game. I would try to check out some more classic style sticks.

Yes, I am thinking now the Pure Drive is amazing because it is "the other side of the moon" when compare it to Diablo. Sure, it delivery more power and, at least, I do not need more control. I just had a relax time, I mean, I didnīt play the ranking games to my tennis club neither tournaments, when more control would be required.

I agree, maybe, a classic style is more effective. I will try PB 10 but the 295g model.

How is the control of PDR comparing with regular PD?

Thank you
best regards
Andre

TennisCJC 01-14-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cork_screw (Post 7118177)
I used to own the pure drive 2012 as did older pure drives. I found that the more I played with it, it was prone to launching the ball even when just trying to block back a very hard shot. Someone coming from a very lower powered racquet like the diablo should be weary about something so contrasty in playing power. If you need the power, seek out more about it. But for someone who played with the racquet you formally did, it sounds like it might have too much power for your game. I would try to check out some more classic style sticks.

Me too. I have tried several wider stiffer rackets but always come back to thinner beams with more feel. In 80s, I played many years with Prince Precision Graphite which was a thin beam flexible racket. I currently play with Volkl o10 295 customized to 12.1 oz, 335 SW and 6 HL and like it a lot. The volkl pb10 295 looks like a good choice too with a little customization. The new wilson blades look like they could be good but balance is a bit unusual - less HL - and I have not tried them yet.

acmorganti 01-15-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acmorganti (Post 7117094)
Thanks for all suggestion.

Prokennex is a good choice. I heard a lot of good words about kinect system. I will try ki 5.

Donnay is very difficult to be tried because there is no local distribution in my country. Or import or forget it. I checked the specs and Formula 100 is very close to Pure Drive and by TW review it looks like more confortable.

And Volkls? Any suggestion?

I was checking Yonex also and Vcore 100S or 98D are good choices.

Thanks
BR
Andre

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisCJC (Post 7119705)
Me too. I have tried several wider stiffer rackets but always come back to thinner beams with more feel. In 80s, I played many years with Prince Precision Graphite which was a thin beam flexible racket. I currently play with Volkl o10 295 customized to 12.1 oz, 335 SW and 6 HL and like it a lot. The volkl pb10 295 looks like a good choice too with a little customization. The new wilson blades look like they could be good but balance is a bit unusual - less HL - and I have not tried them yet.

Hi TennisCJC,

You customized your o10 295 to 12.1oz and 335 sw. So, why did you prefer to customize the o10 295 stead of to use regular o10?
I am asking this because I saw other colleagues in this forum doing the same, customizing o295 and not using o10 regular.

Thank you
Best regards
acmorganti

jorel 01-15-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Huff (Post 7116732)
You should try the Pro Kennex ki5. It has a 22mm width beam. It's easy on the arm, and plays softer than the stiffness index would indicate. You really won't know if you like it until you hit with it, but if you worry about arm problems, it's one you should at least give a try.

ditto on the pk 5s...so arm friendly that you can even use a poly in it safely ..for me anyway..

.the racquet is there to hold the strings in place.

acmorganti 01-16-2013 03:48 AM

Friends, after some analyses I have 2 options:

- Volkl C-10 Pro
- Pro Kennex Ki 5

Thanks for all suggestions.

BR
Andre

TennisCJC 01-16-2013 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acmorganti (Post 7122168)
Hi TennisCJC,

You customized your o10 295 to 12.1oz and 335 sw. So, why did you prefer to customize the o10 295 stead of to use regular o10?
I am asking this because I saw other colleagues in this forum doing the same, customizing o295 and not using o10 regular.

Thank you
Best regards
acmorganti

I went with the o10 295 instead of the 325 because the static weight on the 325 is too high for its stock swing weight. I end up with 12.1 oz racket with a SW of 335 using the o10 295. To get to SW 335 with the o10 325 would have resulted in a 12.5+++ oz static weight. I wanted a moderate static weight with SW around 335. Good luck with your racket search.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse