Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Upcoming Reviews???? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450784)

A_Instead 01-13-2013 01:33 PM

Upcoming Reviews????

TW,
What reviews are in the near future?????
Many thanks in advance...
A

Francis27 01-13-2013 03:52 PM

Im pretty sure the new graphenes would be up soon

Blitzball 01-13-2013 07:24 PM

I think Brittany or one of the reviewers said the reviews for the Graphene sticks will be up in about a month, which is odd I thought they'd be almost done now.

TW Staff 01-14-2013 09:07 AM

A_Instead,

We have a ton of new racquet reviews coming out. Like Francis27 and Blitzball said, we will have the new Head YOUTEK Graphene Speed Pro and MP and Instinct MP in about 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately, we don't always get racquets to playtest ahead of time hence the delay on these from the launch date.

Here is the list of racquets we are reviewing:

Yonex VCORE Xi 98
Yonex VCORE Xi 100
Tecnifibre Tfight 315 Ltd 16
Tecnifibre Tfight 315 Ltd 18
Tecnifibre TRebound 295 Pro
Head YOUTEK Graphene Speed Pro
Head YOUTEK Graphene Speed MP
Head YOUTEK Graphene Instinct MP
Volkl Organix 7 295 and 310
Volkl Organix 10 Mid
Dunlop F 2.0 Tour
Dunlop F 5.0 Tour
Dunlop M 5.0

Plus, a couple more surprises!

Brittany, TW

Bubbagumptennis 01-14-2013 09:08 AM

So you guys are reviewing the T fight 315! Yes!!!

Bubbagumptennis 01-14-2013 09:09 AM

TW, can you tell me when you're going to have the review up for them? Thanks!

TW Staff 01-14-2013 09:26 AM

Bubbagumptennis,

We are shooting videos this week and that should be up by next week. The written is in the process of editing and should be up in 2-3 weeks.

Brittany, TW

A_Instead 01-14-2013 02:29 PM

Thanks B.
WOW!!!
Sounds like your TW crew is very busy.
It is exciting for us to hear about the new offerings and always good to see your "take."
Thanks again for your dedication and commitment to our wonderful sport of tennis...

(It has to be hard to adjust when hitting with so many racquets and then play with your reqular racquet when you play your matches, your personal game has to suffer???)

A

TW Staff 01-14-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Instead (Post 7120176)
Thanks B.
WOW!!!
Sounds like your TW crew is very busy.
It is exciting for us to hear about the new offerings and always good to see your "take."
Thanks again for your dedication and commitment to our wonderful sport of tennis...

(It has to be hard to adjust when hitting with so many racquets and then play with your reqular racquet when you play your matches, your personal game has to suffer???)

A

A_Instead,

Thanks for the kind words. We are glad you enjoy watching our reviews as much as we enjoy making them. I will have to say when I first became a playtester, i did have a small adjustment period when I was constantly changing racquets (as I was used to playing with the same racquets for 3-4 year spans) day to day. Now I can easily switch racquets in the middle of a set without a problem. Now most are within a certain spec range but its definitely a lot of fun!

Brittany, TW

sportmac 01-14-2013 03:57 PM

Can I ask who'll be reviewing what? How do you decide who reviews what rackets?

I think you're all lotsa fun but wouldn't mind seeing more of Tif, Karly and Mark.

You guys ever think about showing full matches? Couple of match ups would be great fun to watch!

Bartelby 01-14-2013 04:02 PM

The tf 320 would be a nice 'surprise', as well.

TW Staff 01-14-2013 04:05 PM

sportmac,

We try to pick playtesters who enjoy playing with specs within a range of the racquet and try to not put someone who enjoys heavier racquets (like Troy or Andy) on a sub 11 ounce racquet or vice versa. We also try to get a range of different playing styles on each racquet. The playtesters on these reviews is a mix of the following playtesters- Andy, Jason, Tiffani, Karly, Chris, Spencer, Granville, Mark, Troy, Sean, Mike and me.

You will definitely be seeing more of Mark and Karly, they are both in several of the reviews listed. As far as Tiffani goes, she is currently pregnant and after her one playtest (TRebound) she will be taking a break. Not to worry though she will be back on the court in no time!

Brittany, TW

sportmac 01-14-2013 04:12 PM

"Andy, Jason, Tiffani, Karly, Chris, Spencer, Granville, Mark, Troy, Sean, Mike and me"

ah, well at least all my other favorites are there!

coolblue123 01-15-2013 02:25 AM

Brittany: don't forget Siobhan!

The O10 mid will definitely bring a smile. I just saw one in my local shop. It swings thru the air so fluidly! Stringbed is so responsive with my very brief hit.

TW Staff 01-15-2013 08:25 AM

coolblue123,

Siobhan is currently working (started beginning of 2013) at our sister store, Tennis Warehouse Europe. She will be back later this year playtesting and on video reviews here at TW.

Brittany, TW

Bubbagumptennis 02-01-2013 11:52 AM

Review planned for the M2.0?

TW Staff 02-01-2013 12:32 PM

Bubbagumptennis,

Unfortunately, we have no plans at this time to review the M2.0. We still have it on our playtest list and our goal is to come back around and playtest it in a month or two.

Brittany, TW