Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best Multifilament? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450796)

EastAngels2014 01-13-2013 04:02 PM

Best Multifilament?

What is the best multi out there for a good price that a high school player could afford?

pvaudio 01-13-2013 04:16 PM

This is a much more difficult question than your syn gut question. There are very few multifilaments that are designed to play similarly even if they cost similarly. Check mikeler's thread on multis.

EastAngels2014 01-13-2013 04:20 PM

i almost combined the two but for that reason i split them up in to two threads but ok i will take a look

Nostradamus 01-13-2013 04:24 PM

probably NRG2 or Wilson NXT is best ever. it isn't the lowest price but not the highest either

Chotobaka 01-13-2013 04:34 PM

Include Yonex Tour Super 850 Pro in your short list. One of the best multi's -- period. Better still when price enters into the equation.

slowfox 01-13-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7117393)
probably NRG2 or Wilson NXT is best ever. it isn't the lowest price but not the highest either

I gotta say that NRG is definitely a great string. When it's fresh, it plays awesome.

EastAngels2014 01-13-2013 05:24 PM

how is the durability on NRG?

Steve Huff 01-13-2013 05:32 PM

Pro Supex Maxim Touch has a lot of good reviews, and it's pretty inexpensive compared to the others. I like Head Fibergel Power too, but some think its not very durable. Technifiber MultiFeel isn't bad either, and cheaper than NRG2, and probably more durable.

rodrigoamaral 01-13-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Huff (Post 7117607)
Pro Supex Maxim Touch has a lot of good reviews, and it's pretty inexpensive compared to the others. I like Head Fibergel Power too, but some think its not very durable. Technifiber MultiFeel isn't bad either, and cheaper than NRG2, and probably more durable.

Best value hands down is maxim touch.. wilson nxt, technifbre nrg are also very good ones

EastAngels2014 01-13-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodrigoamaral (Post 7117738)
Best value hands down is maxim touch.. wilson nxt, technifbre nrg are also very good ones

what brand is maxim touch?

dParis 01-13-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastAngels2014 (Post 7117334)
What is the best multi out there for a good price that a high school player could afford?

Oh, that's an easy one. :roll:

But seriously, isospeed pro, and prince premiere attack are under $10 a set and alpha gut 2000 is even less.
Quote:

Originally Posted by EastAngels2014 (Post 7117933)
what brand is maxim touch?

Pro supex.

EastAngels2014 01-13-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dParis (Post 7117962)
Oh, that's an easy one. :roll:

But seriously, isospeed pro, and prince premiere attack are under $10 a set and alpha gut 2000 is even less.

Pro supex.

i know its a tough one that's why i came to the best, and ok thank you.

Ramon 01-13-2013 07:35 PM

For me, the best bang for the buck multi is Prince Premier Attack 16g. Like most multis it is prone to premature breakage on shanks, but it lasts a long time if you don't shank it. I do tend to break strings on shanks, so I'm now using a hybrid of RIP Control mains and Premier Attack crosses.

EastAngels2014 01-13-2013 08:00 PM

i will look into all of these that i can thank you all

NLBwell 01-13-2013 08:01 PM

Depends how much you are paying for stringing. I found, despite it's high cost, that NXT Max with it's wear coating lasts the longest and so is most affordable if you are paying significant money for stringing - since that cost can be significantly higher than the string itself. If you are stringing yourself, a cheaper string will probably cost less.

slowfox 01-13-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastAngels2014 (Post 7117575)
how is the durability on NRG?

I find the playability drops fast, and I usually cut it out then. So I can't say for certain how durable it is. (yes, I didn't answer the question... lol)

sstchur 01-13-2013 08:55 PM

The best is easily Gamma Professional. However, it isn't cheap. If you're looking for best value, I would say any of:

Mantis Comfort
Gamma Live Wire XP (very similar to Professional but considerably less expensive)
ProSupex Maxim Touch

I think the Technifibre strings are overhyped personally.

Another off-brand that is very good is Tier One Triumph.

acura9927 01-13-2013 08:56 PM

I tried NRG2 16 and it was completely wrong for my game. The string was thick and offered no spin control at all on my Bio 300T. I dumped it after one session and put in Rip Control and haven't played with a better string since. Tried NXT Tour on my Yonex and its is too powerful strung at mid tension.

sstchur 01-13-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstchur (Post 7118170)
The best is easily Gamma Professional. However, it isn't cheap. If you're looking for best value, I would say any of:

Mantis Comfort
Gamma Live Wire XP (very similar to Professional but considerably less expensive)
ProSupex Maxim Touch

Oh I just saw that someone above mentioned Alpha Gut. I have to agree. For the price, that string is an excellent value!

mikeler 01-14-2013 06:31 AM

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=352048

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7117393)

Why do you always ask about Tecnifibre X-one Biphase then???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chotobaka (Post 7117419)
Include Yonex Tour Super 850 Pro in your short list. One of the best multi's -- period. Better still when price enters into the equation.

It was too springy for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Huff (Post 7117607)

Maxim Touch 17 is very powerful. Like gut it is great on serves and overheads but hard to control on groundstrokes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramon (Post 7117990)
For me, the best bang for the buck multi is Prince Premier Attack 16g. Like most multis it is prone to premature breakage on shanks, but it lasts a long time if you don't shank it. I do tend to break strings on shanks, so I'm now using a hybrid of RIP Control mains and Premier Attack crosses.

This is a great string, just lacks a little feel on touch shots.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstchur (Post 7118170)

Mantis Comfort
ProSupex Maxim Touch

Mantis Comfort is the softest string but not durable. I'm getting ready to try Gamma Pro soon. If I like it, I'll try Live Wire XP. I just finished with Tier One and it is very similar to my favorite string Discho Microfibre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by acura9927 (Post 7118171)
I tried NRG2 16 and it was completely wrong for my game. The string was thick and offered no spin control at all on my Bio 300T. I dumped it after one session and put in Rip Control and haven't played with a better string since. Tried NXT Tour on my Yonex and its is too powerful strung at mid tension.

NRG2 16 had no spin for me either. RIP Control 16 has the most spin but I found it lacked the control and feel I desired.