Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Uniqlo apparel in US? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450807)

iyudhi 01-13-2013 07:27 PM

Uniqlo apparel in US?

Any idea where I can find Djokovic's or Niskori's tennis apparel? It doesn't have to be their model, but generic Uniqlo tennis shirts will do.. For some reason I'm having trouble finding them...

I live in SF btw.. and it doesn't look the newly opened store carry it yet..

rafafan20 01-13-2013 07:40 PM

FWIW I lived in Japan and the clothes are junk, not worth the trouble

iyudhi 01-13-2013 07:46 PM

really? what I've heard is that they were actually pretty good..

I was actually in Japan 2 weeks ago and none of the stores carried them... I just showed the photos from my phone, and the cust rep told me that they're 'sold out' (they don't speak english.. but I thought that's what they were saying)

where did you get yours if I may ask?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafafan20 (Post 7117876)
FWIW I lived in Japan and the clothes are junk, not worth the trouble

rafafan20 01-13-2013 08:06 PM

I lived there 09-10 and they had a store in my town outside Tokyo, I got a couple of their "active" shirts and found them to be junk. Just my opinion though. I found their clothes in general to be very cheaply made, similar to an old navy.

tyu1314 01-13-2013 08:07 PM

nyc, theres 3 stores, the one at soho does not carry them, i know that the store at timesquare have them, not sure about the one at 34th.

iyudhi 01-13-2013 08:08 PM

they don't ship, do they?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyu1314 (Post 7117921)
nyc, theres 3 stores, the one at soho does not carry them, i know that the store at timesquare have them, not sure about the one at 34th.

jokinla 01-14-2013 12:52 AM

Search the threads, it's been discussed, they aren't selling their clothes, and they weren't shipping them when they sold some of their clothes at the NYC store during the US Open.

aznhippos 01-15-2013 07:19 PM

To my knowledge only the NYC stores

kimguroo 01-15-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznhippos (Post 7124136)
To my knowledge only the NYC stores

There is no tennis apparels at NYC stores.
It was one time event for US open.

Seems like they are not interested in selling tennis apparel at this point.

nyc 01-15-2013 07:31 PM

finally checked them out at the flagship store in NYC.

they only had XLs and up left of the range, but I wasn't impressed at all by the quality. looked and felt comparable to Target/Walmart house brand quality.

not that adidas and Nike are much better in the quality department these days, but at least they feel a bit nicer.

Federerkblade 01-19-2013 01:46 PM

The jokers at uniqlo r messing this up 7 months and still no global release

iyudhi 01-22-2013 01:19 AM

any chance you can help me pick 1 up? I'm very curious... XL is my size... would appreciate it if you can do it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyc (Post 7124176)
finally checked them out at the flagship store in NYC.

they only had XLs and up left of the range, but I wasn't impressed at all by the quality. looked and felt comparable to Target/Walmart house brand quality.

not that adidas and Nike are much better in the quality department these days, but at least they feel a bit nicer.

gmatheis 01-22-2013 03:35 AM

Why the hell does a company spend the kind of money it takes to sponsor the world #1 tennis player then not even have a reasonable way for people to buy their products ?!?!?!

Perhaps they are just laundering heroin money :)

nyc 01-22-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iyudhi (Post 7147047)
any chance you can help me pick 1 up? I'm very curious... XL is my size... would appreciate it if you can do it :)

Dude, that was a while ago - like november.

I'll pop into a uniqlo tomorrow and see what's up.

nyc 01-22-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmatheis (Post 7147550)
Why the hell does a company spend the kind of money it takes to sponsor the world #1 tennis player then not even have a reasonable way for people to buy their products ?!?!?!

Perhaps they are just laundering heroin money :)

Their goal is to sell as many clothes as possible - not just tennis.

I bet everyone who goes into the store looking for tennis stuff walks out with $100 worth of other stuff.

Devilito 01-22-2013 07:34 AM

getting excited over Uniqlo is like someone in Japan getting excited over Old Navy. Looks like their marketing propaganda worked on you

iyudhi 01-28-2013 05:50 PM

I can understand that some of you don't like Uniqlo.. but what's up with the demeaning comments?

Look, I don't like Old Navy as much as the next guy.. But I happen to like Uniqlo.. Their ultra light down jacket has helped me surviving winter without the weight.. and as an avid traveller, I also appreciate that it doesn't take too much space..

Also, I like Nike tennis shirts, but can't stand Adidas.. does that make me a bad guy?

I'm not asking for opinions on the quality of the shirts.. I just want to know where to get them in US (which some people have responded, and very much appreciated). That's it..

jokinla 01-28-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iyudhi (Post 7175983)
I can understand that some of you don't like Uniqlo.. but what's up with the demeaning comments?

Look, I don't like Old Navy as much as the next guy.. But I happen to like Uniqlo.. Their ultra light down jacket has helped me surviving winter without the weight.. and as an avid traveller, I also appreciate that it doesn't take too much space..

Also, I like Nike tennis shirts, but can't stand Adidas.. does that make me a bad guy?

I'm not asking for opinions on the quality of the shirts.. I just want to know where to get them in US (which some people have responded, and very much appreciated). That's it..

A perfect example of why Nike and probably most companies could care less if they make good quality stuff or not, people will buy it either way, so they will continue to raise the price.

dr325i 01-29-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokinla (Post 7176605)
A perfect example of why Nike and probably most companies could care less if they make good quality stuff or not, people will buy it either way, so they will continue to raise the price.

Works the same way with everything (most of the things) in life. The new 3-series BMW is the step down from the previous generation, enthusiasts hate them, ordinary people think it looks prettier. Accord handles on par with it now. They jacked up the prices and will set a new sales record...

NJ1 01-29-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 7176961)
Works the same way with everything (most of the things) in life. The new 3-series BMW is the step down from the previous generation, enthusiasts hate them, ordinary people think it looks prettier. Accord handles on par with it now. They jacked up the prices and will set a new sales record...

I'd suggest that you need more experience with motor vehicles before offering such blanket statements.