Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Need a 100 head size to be in the top 10? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450941)

DonDiego 01-14-2013 07:14 PM

Need a 100 head size to be in the top 10?
 
Quick fact: 5 out of 6 top ranked players use 100 inch head size racquets (OK, Murray supposedly uses a 98, but his previous radical pro was a 100).

We all heard about serve and volley game disappearing, and every young player wanting to be a baseliner like Nadal. Do you think it's also why pros are (or seem to be) using bigger racquets?

(Yeah, I know. I heard about that guy Federer and his 90.)

Personally, I use a six one 95, but sometimes I'm wondering if I'm not missing something...

vsbabolat 01-14-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDiego (Post 7120990)
Quick fact: 5 out of 6 top ranked players use 100 inch head size racquets (OK, Murray supposedly uses a 98, but his previous radical pro was a 100).

We all heard about serve and volley game disappearing, and every young player wanting to be a baseliner like Nadal. Do you think it's also why pros are (or seem to be) using bigger racquets?

(Yeah, I know. I heard about that guy Federer and his 90.)

Personally, I use a six one 95, but sometimes I'm wondering if I'm not missing something...

Murray never really used a Radical Pro 100 inch racquet. Murray's racquet is really 95 inches and not what HEAD Markets at. Same goes for Djokovic's racquet.
Murray for his whole career has been using the Pro Tour 630 (PT57A). Murray has only change string patterns. He went form 18x20 to 16x19.
While Djokovic really uses the MG Radical MP MOLD which is also really 95 inches.

DonDiego 01-14-2013 07:26 PM

No way Djokovic doesn't use at least a 100 head size, whatever racquet it is.

Fuji 01-14-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDiego (Post 7121023)
No way Djokovic doesn't use at least a 100 head size, whatever racquet it is.

Haha it's only a 95 mate...

-Fuji

vsbabolat 01-14-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDiego (Post 7121023)
No way Djokovic doesn't use at least a 100 head size, whatever racquet it is.

Djokovic really uses 95! It's true! Don't believe the disingenuous racquet companies and the BS they promote to sell racquets.

Doubles 01-14-2013 07:35 PM

OP, don't even try and argue about rackets with VSbabolat. You're wrong.

DonDiego 01-14-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuji (Post 7121033)
Haha it's only a 95 mate...

-Fuji

http://www.sport24.com/var/plain_sit...apos_large.jpg

Oh common... this is at least 98. Anyway, what proof do you have? I know paranoing about paintjobs seem a popular hobby here, but I'd like a source confirming this is a 95, if it's not too much to ask.

vsbabolat 01-14-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDiego (Post 7121073)
http://www.sport24.com/var/plain_sit...apos_large.jpg

Oh common... this is at least 98. Anyway, what proof do you have? I know paranoing about paintjobs seem a popular hobby here, but I'd like a source confirming this is a 95, if it's not too much to ask.

Its a fact that Djokovic's MOLD is the MG Radical MP. It's also a fact that the Radical MP is also really 95 inch and not 98.

DonDiego 01-14-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7121087)
Its a fact that Djokovic's MOLD is the MG Radical MP. It's also a fact that the Radical MP is also really 95 inch and not 98.

Ok. I'm looking at this picture and specs, and you might be right...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/head...ad-hmgrad.html

...Except that it says 98 sq. in. headsize. Let's call it a tie.

Fuji 01-14-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDiego (Post 7121097)
Ok. I'm looking at this picture and specs, and you might be right...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/head...ad-hmgrad.html

...Except that it says 98 sq. in. headsize. Let's call it a tie.

Head measures their rackets from the outside of the frame to give their measurements while pretty much every other company measures from the inside. That's where the extra 3 inches comes from. :)

-Fuji

PBODY99 01-14-2013 08:08 PM

Do the Math..........
 
The difference in 5 sq ins and the import some players here put on it is amusing. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.:)
If you find a personal racket of a player you want to check then you might follow this....
To approximate the area by treating it as if the tennis racquet head were an oval or an "ellipse" for which there is an area formula: A= \pi ab where a and b are half the distance across the racquet head measured where it is narrowest and widest.
In other words, you are really using the formula for area of a circle, but, because an "ellipse" does not have a single "radius", instead of r2, you multiply together the values for smallest "radius" and largest "radius".

drakulie 01-14-2013 08:14 PM

  1. Joker-95
  2. Federer-90
  3. Murray-95
  4. Nadal(banned)-100
  5. Ferrer-100
  6. Berdych-95/98
  7. Delpotro-95
  8. Tsonga-100
  9. Tipsy-98?
  10. Gasquet-98?

Doubles 01-14-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDiego (Post 7121097)
Ok. I'm looking at this picture and specs, and you might be right...

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/head...ad-hmgrad.html

...Except that it says 98 sq. in. headsize. Let's call it a tie.

It's not a tie, TW is trying to advertise their newest product, that doesn't mean Djokovic is using it. He's using an MG radical mold, which is closer to a 95 than a 98.

Doubles 01-14-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7121143)
  1. Joker-95
  2. Federer-90
  3. Murray-95
  4. Nadal(banned)-100
  5. Ferrer-100
  6. Berdych-95/98
  7. Delpotro-95
  8. Tsonga-100
  9. Tipsy-98?
  10. Gasquet-98?

Gasquet uses an LM Instinct Tour XL, no? I believe that's a 100 headsize.

drakulie 01-14-2013 08:29 PM

^^thanks for the correction.

The Meat 01-14-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7121143)
  1. Joker-95
  2. Federer-90
  3. Murray-95
  4. Nadal(banned)-100
  5. Ferrer-100
  6. Berdych-95/98
  7. Delpotro-95
  8. Tsonga-100
  9. Tipsy-98?
  10. Gasquet-98?

Could you elaborate? :)

vsbabolat 01-14-2013 08:34 PM

Tipsy and Berdych use 95.

drakulie 01-14-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7121194)
Tipsy and Berdych use 95.

as always,,,, you the man!

Hope all is well with you.

vsbabolat 01-14-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7121198)
as always,,,, you the man!

Hope all is well with you.

Yeah, everything is great! Happy New Year! Hope you are doing well too! Are you stringing at a lot of events these days?

drakulie 01-14-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7121204)
Yeah, everything is great! Happy New Year! Hope you are doing well too! Are you stringing at a lot of events these days?

Stringing at a Futures at Sunrise this week. Felip Peliwo, # 1 junior in the world last year and winner of the Junior Wimbledon and US Open and runner up at AO and FO is playing in it.

Finished 2012 with over 5,000 racquets strung. Second year in a row. Will possibly be at Miami stringing with P1 and also at Cincy again.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse