Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nadal comeback brought forward - now Brazil (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450964)

batz 01-15-2013 02:32 AM

Nadal comeback brought forward - now Brazil

http://tennis.si.com/2013/01/15/rafa...brazil-return/

joeri888 01-15-2013 02:38 AM

Good news for his fans. I wonder if this is a sign he'll focus on the clay season more and more (with Wimbledon too of course) and leave hardcourts alone for most of the year.

I guess he should. Maybe should have done it years ago, if he wants to walk around healthy in his 40s.

Schedule like

(NO HC EXHIBITIONS!)Doha
AO
Sao Paolo
Acapulco

Monte Carlo
Barcelona
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Queens/Halle
Wimbledon

Cincinnati
US Open

Davis Cup home ties.

Warmaster 01-15-2013 02:45 AM

Almagro won't be amused!

rafan 01-15-2013 03:13 AM

Well I suppose that is it. He looks as if he is going to concentrate on clay

Alchemy-Z 01-15-2013 03:14 AM

I do miss him at the AO....but tournaments like this is what he needs to play to knock the rust off before stepping on a Slam court.

Looking forward to the come back

vive le beau jeu ! 01-15-2013 03:30 AM

nice try to win a 2nd 'indoor' title... :rolleyes:

... but hopefully he'll lose early in almagrolandia.

mbm0912 01-15-2013 04:42 AM

At least he's got some time to conjure up a good excuse to withdraw from this one!

marc45 01-15-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeri888 (Post 7121639)
Good news for his fans. I wonder if this is a sign he'll focus on the clay season more and more (with Wimbledon too of course) and leave hardcourts alone for most of the year.

I guess he should. Maybe should have done it years ago, if he wants to walk around healthy in his 40s.

Schedule like

(NO HC EXHIBITIONS!)Doha
AO
Sao Paolo
Acapulco

Monte Carlo
Barcelona
Madrid
Rome
Roland Garros
Queens/Halle
Wimbledon

Cincinnati
US Open

Davis Cup home ties.

agree with most...not sure what the requirements are, not sure when the "federer rules" kick in for him...i would only add, skip barcelona..yes obviously it would be a home tournament but he has madrid and those home dc ties if he wants them but he's certainly given enough to barcelona...fans should understand..has to avoid two weeks in a row other than majors....wimby is getting moved back, correct?, so that would make the grass tune-up better, but right now i would roll the dice (and i know grass is tricky, though not like it used to be) and not play a tune-up...yes yes, rosol, but rafa simply has to trust he can work his way into a tourney with less matches..and i'm not sure if you're suggesting he skip everything after us open but dc?...no reason if earlier season is managed he should skip wtf, he certainly wants to win one...and shanghai has a break before and after...that's certainly a possibility but nothing else in asia

Bartelby 01-15-2013 04:59 AM

I think the rules permit him only to miss one Masters.

joeri888 01-15-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc45 (Post 7121794)
agree with most...not sure what the requirements are, not sure when the "federer rules" kick in for him...i would only add, skip barcelona..yes obviously it would be a home tournament but he has madrid and those home dc ties if he wants them but he's certainly given enough to barcelona...fans should understand..has to avoid two weeks in a row other than majors....wimby is getting moved back, correct?, so that would make the grass tune-up better, but right now i would roll the dice (and i know grass is tricky, though not like it used to be) and not play a tune-up...yes yes, rosol, but rafa simply has to trust he can work his way into a tourney with less matches..and i'm not sure if you're suggesting he skip everything after us open but dc?...no reason if earlier season is managed he should skip wtf, he certainly wants to win one...and shanghai has a break before and after...that's certainly a possibility but nothing else in asia

Quote:

Take the fine and 0 pointer. Or, get a doctor to qualify him as unfit to play on hardcourts.

Relinquis 01-15-2013 05:11 AM

he should play as few as he needs to in order to keep healthy and manage his injuries.

tennis needs him on tour for a few more years, we already lost Roddick. Hewitt is still playing, Rafa should be able to if he is smart about his health.

still, it would be good to see him at Wimbledon, US open and WTF this year (and Aussie Open next year).

Speranza 01-15-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbm0912 (Post 7121775)
At least he's got some time to conjure up a good excuse to withdraw from this one!

Watson: Don't talk nonsense!

(The excuse was prepared 3 months in advance).

tacou 01-15-2013 05:42 AM

for Rio 2016?

joeri888 01-15-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacou (Post 7121909)
for Rio 2016?

Rio is on hardcourts, but perhaps he wants to adjust to the time zone, food and temperature in february there.

Anyway, it's great if he comes back. I fully expect him to win that tournament.

vive le beau jeu ! 01-15-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacou (Post 7121909)
for Rio 2016?

RAFA2005RG 01-15-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vive le beau jeu ! (Post 7121684)
nice try to win a 2nd 'indoor' title... :rolleyes:

... but hopefully he'll lose early in almagrolandia.

Nadal is going to F you up this year like 2010.

RAFA2005RG 01-15-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartelby (Post 7121811)

Wrong. Rules permit players to provide medical certificates if they are going to miss Masters events. No problem there, Nadal has constant issues and can get a certificate at the drop of a hat. Plus its not even questionable, as we all know he has tendinitis and that doesn't go away completely ever.

Clarky21 01-15-2013 06:14 AM

Meh. I'll be shocked if he actually shows up, and if he does, he's going to lose badly. Not sure why he chose this tournament over Chile.

RAFA2005RG 01-15-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7121994)
Meh. I'll be shocked if he actually shows up, and if he does, he's going to lose badly. Not sure why he chose this tournament over Chile.

I know why you'll be shocked.....because you didn't even know that Nadal was going to win Roland Garros in 2012. You also didn't think Nadal was going to beat Federer at 2012 Australian Open. And now you say Nadal is going to lose badly ON CLAY :lol: Tennis clearly isn't your thing....

Sid_Vicious 01-15-2013 06:26 AM

If he pulls out of this tournament, I am going to turn into a raging nadal-hater.

Just comeback already, Ralph!