Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Blister under a callus...Shoe issue? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450967)

MyrWXguy 01-15-2013 03:16 AM

Blister under a callus...Shoe issue?

I'm a very active guy. I play tennis 4-6 times a week, mainly on clay. I workout almost daily and hit the cardio equipment pretty hard at the gym. This is the second time(different shoes each time) I've formed a blister under a callus. It is on the ball of my right foot. I already wear 2 pairs of socks when I play tennis. Only workout and play tennis in New Balance shoes. Tennis in the New Balance 851 & NB cross trainers for the gym.

Anyone know if this is shoe related? Anyone have an suggestions?

maxpotapov 01-15-2013 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyrWXguy (Post 7121669)
I'm a very active guy. I play tennis 4-6 times a week, mainly on clay. I workout almost daily and hit the cardio equipment pretty hard at the gym. This is the second time(different shoes each time) I've formed a blister under a callus. It is on the ball of my right foot. I already wear 2 pairs of socks when I play tennis. Only workout and play tennis in New Balance shoes. Tennis in the New Balance 851 & NB cross trainers for the gym.

Anyone know if this is shoe related? Anyone have an suggestions?

It's gotta be something technique-related. I mean, clay courts, different shoes, double socks, only right foot...
Analyze what kind of stress you repeatedly put on your right foot more than left.

mmk 01-15-2013 03:38 AM

I didn't develop a blister, but the callous on the ball of my right foot was getting so thick it was painful, even in well-cushioned shoes. I bought a two-sided ceramic foot file, and now occasionally file down the callous. No more pain, well worth the six bucks.

TennisLovaLova 01-15-2013 04:09 AM

Apply some vaseline or compees gel in the friction zone before putting your socks on
Vaseline is used even by marathon runners it forms a shield between the skin and the socks
Also try applying a powder like talk in the shoes to avoid humidity
It Worked for me very well

MyrWXguy 01-15-2013 04:59 AM

mmk you're probably right. I noticed the callus getting thick. Probably need to file it down every once in a while.

TennisLova I'll have to give that a try if the filing doesn't work. I would think the Vaseline would make me slip a little more inside my shoes with the constant shifting.

Max I'm not sure it is actually tennis related. I've been playing a 4-6 days a week for a very long time and this is only the 2nd time I've had this develop. I do those things to avoid foot issues so when they come about I try to get to the bottom of it.

Just wondering if there were shoe suggestions better than the NB that add more cushion under the balls of the feet.

TennisLovaLova 01-15-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyrWXguy (Post 7121810)
mmk you're probably right. I noticed the callus getting thick. Probably need to file it down every once in a while.

TennisLova I'll have to give that a try if the filing doesn't work. I would think the Vaseline would make me slip a little more inside my shoes with the constant shifting.

Max I'm not sure it is actually tennis related. I've been playing a 4-6 days a week for a very long time and this is only the 2nd time I've had this develop. I do those things to avoid foot issues so when they come about I try to get to the bottom of it.

Just wondering if there were shoe suggestions better than the NB that add more cushion under the balls of the feet.

nope cause the vaseline forms almost a solid "skin"

Povl Carstensen 01-15-2013 06:28 AM

Another advantage playing barefoot. You dont need to file anything, it gets done as you play. So yes, it is a shoe issue.

TennisLovaLova 01-15-2013 10:36 AM

Dude
Just look for it on google: blister prevention+vaseline and you'll find out

MyrWXguy 01-16-2013 01:53 AM

Thanks! Did a little file down and took care of the blister. Played singles last night with no real issues.

Tennis, thanks for the input and sorry for the delayed response. Will be a fix in the future for sure.