Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Wanted (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Wanted: WISE 2086 Electronic Tension Head (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=450982)

CTR 01-15-2013 05:47 AM

Wanted: WISE 2086 Electronic Tension Head

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but an active player/stringer for both tennis and badminton.

I'm looking to upgrade my manual crank tension machine with a WISE 2086 head. If anyone has one for sale or know of one please let me know!

I'm in London, UK.

Many thanks :)

Humble_Warrior 01-15-2013 04:33 PM

I have very gently used one available. If interested contact me at grabyourracquet@gmail.com. Thanks

ATP100 01-15-2013 06:55 PM

Don't buy one, very few actually like them when they use them.

marco forehand 01-17-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATP100 (Post 7124271)
Don't buy one, very few actually like them when they use them.

That opinion does not reflect what my experience has been.
I have had a Wise 2086 that I purchased used maybe 10 years ago. I average about 250 to 300 racquets strung a year. I purchased a diablo for my unit,but haven't had to spend anything else on it. I followed the recommendations to lube the bearings in the gripper and I have had zero problems.
Last spring I purchased a 2nd machine with a constant pull electronic head and I use it more then my Ektelon H/Wise combo BUT, I miss the foot activation of the Wise and can't say I've measured a difference in the tension consistency.
If you can find one near you, go for it. I don't think it would make sense to buy a used one that has to ship across the Atlantic though.

Steve Huff 01-17-2013 07:02 PM

I think they're great. I have 2 of them, 1 is the original model and the other is the 2nd generation. Wise has been very reasonable with servicing them when I need it. I bought the 2nd one when I had the 1st one serviced. I hated going back to the crank. Between the 2, I have over 5000 rackets strung on them.

CTR 01-18-2013 03:28 AM

Hi Guys, thanks for the advice. I play both tennis and badminton but will be stringing mostly badminton racquets as the places I play tennis already have stringers. I've read about a lot of badminton stringers using the Wise with good experiences, but as the string gauge is that much smaller (typically around 0.65mm) the gripper has been known to slip - hence I will need one with a diablo.

Marco Forehand, as you say, I don't think it will be economical for me to ship one from abroad, so I'm mainly interested in a used one from the UK (maybe perhaps Europe).

I've been using my crank machine for close to 10 years now and I feel the need to upgrade but can't justify or afford the cost of a new one.

Humble Warrior, where are you based?

CTR 01-18-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Humble_Warrior (Post 7123815)
I have very gently used one available. If interested contact me at grabyourracquet@gmail.com. Thanks

Thanks, but looking at your previous posts, I'm curious as to why you seem to have everything that people are looking for? :shock:

Arthuro 01-19-2013 07:12 PM

I have one if you are interested. Please just let me know.

arthuro.schomburg@yahoo.com

CTR 01-21-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthuro (Post 7137116)
I have one if you are interested. Please just let me know.

arthuro.schomburg@yahoo.com

Email sent! :)

Thanks