Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Volkl question for Chris Edwards (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451075)

Timbo's hopeless slice 01-15-2013 07:51 PM

Volkl question for Chris Edwards

Ok, my PB9s are great, IF I am really, really playing well.

If I'm not, the microscopic sweetspot combines with a lack of mass to see me struggle. This is only made worse if I am also pushed wide where I get no help at all from the sticks unless I get it right. in. the. middle..

All the lead tape in the world isn't going to make the sweetspot any larger...

However, I love everything else about the frames, especially the comfort factor. (I had Head Speeds and had arm problems..)

So, (there is a question, and here it comes :)), PB10 mid, Organix 10 mid or (an outsider, but help me out here) Organix 10 325??

I like the sound of the X10 mid, but I am very tempted by the PB10 mid while they are still around.

I just want a bigger sweetspot and maybe a bit more pop while keeping the low swingweight, open pattern and arm friendly feel.

I have played with smaller heads before and that isn't really an issue for me, nor is the weight (well, up to around 12oz, anyway)

Oh, my game is VERY similar to yours, Chris...

(stick to Volkls, I don't want to hear the phrase "Blade 93"!)

TW Staff 01-16-2013 08:40 AM

The Organix 10 Mid has more power and is more forgiving compared to the PB10 Mid. I don't feel like it comes through as quickly or is quite as easy to whip around as the PB10 Mid, but it offers me more pop and a more stable feel at impact. The 10 325 is very forgiving and I like that racquet a lot.

It's going to come down to which feel you like the most, and because of that, I think you should demo all three side by side.

Lead tape can help enlarge the sweetspot. 10 & 2 will raise it, 3 & 9 will make it wider and improve stability a tad more.

Chris, TW

Timbo's hopeless slice 01-16-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7125873)
The Organix 10 Mid has more power and is more forgiving compared to the PB10 Mid. I don't feel like it comes through as quickly or is quite as easy to whip around as the PB10 Mid, but it offers me more pop and a more stable feel at impact. The 10 325 is very forgiving and I like that racquet a lot.

It's going to come down to which feel you like the most, and because of that, I think you should demo all three side by side.

Lead tape can help enlarge the sweetspot. 10 & 2 will raise it, 3 & 9 will make it wider and improve stability a tad more.

Chris, TW

Thanks Chris

I can't demo, sadly, being in Australia, but you have confirmed my basic thoughts.

Thanks for the lead tape advice (is this from Jason?), I have the itch, though! :)

Timbo's hopeless slice 01-16-2013 03:20 PM

ok, decision made, I am going to order the X-10 325, it sounds like my PB9s with a big sweetspot and some more heft. (ie, perfect)

so, Chris, tension?

full bed of Cyclone at, say 50?

what do you think?

TW Staff 01-16-2013 03:32 PM

I would stay at 53lbs for the first go round so you feel the difference between the frames only -- since that is your go to tension on the 9s. Then adjust from there as needed. If you start at a known tension feel, then you can really focus on the feel of the racquet and how that tension plays in the racquet. In the long run, I think it will get you more dialed in with a new stick and you will have a better gauge for the nuances such as feel, ball flight, depth feel, directional control, spin control and power etc etc.

Chris, TW

Timbo's hopeless slice 01-16-2013 05:08 PM

ye, ok, that makes sense

Thanks!