Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Jerzy Janowicz is better than Delpo and Berdych, he can dominate (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451111)

Gonzalito17 01-16-2013 04:29 AM

Jerzy Janowicz is better than Delpo and Berdych, he can dominate

This guy hits the ball with hatred, plus he comes to the net with fearlessness whenever he wants to. He's a good finisher. He has more variety and more tricks that make Delpo and Berd and Raonic look one dimensional. Plus his movement abilities look superior to Delpo and Berd. I became a big fan of JJ last night. He can do big things in the ATP, really big things. Gimelstob even said JJ's potential is "limitless. He can hurt you from any part of the court."

I don't think JJ is another fly by night Rosol, this guy can dominate. Janowicz is a very scary player. What do you think?

FedererDropShot 01-16-2013 04:32 AM

Defs not a Rosol.

He will be a top 10 player one day.

Defs gonna be my favourite player after Federer retires.

Fastpace Ace 01-16-2013 04:40 AM

The dude has awesome hands and feel at the net for such a big guy. Sick groundies. Huge serve. Great court sense. Headed for top 20 and probably top 10.

Kilco 01-16-2013 04:42 AM

He is crazy,He hit jumping backhands on nearly everything last night! Kills the forehand crosscourt. Great movement for 6"8.I worry about when he plays the really consistent guys though.He often will throw out 2,3 unforced errors for no reason in a game which will be punished by the better guys. Almagro will be a test and a good match and suits Jerzy imo as it will be a huge hitting contest.

atptennis 01-16-2013 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilco (Post 7125301)
He is crazy,He hit jumping backhands on nearly everything last night! Kills the forehand crosscourt. Great movement for 6"8.I worry about when he plays the really consistent guys though.He often will throw out 2,3 unforced errors for no reason in a game which will be punished by the better guys. Almagro will be a test and a good match and suits Jerzy imo as it will be a huge hitting contest.

+1.

He might be better than Berdych; but to say he is better than JMDp is bit exaggeration. Lets not ahead of ourselves. Jerzy is yet to win his first ATP tour tile. Let him win his first slam then we can compare him with JMDP.

axel89 01-16-2013 04:53 AM

no way he's a mindless ball basher lmao his footwork is terrible

pound cat 01-16-2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FedererDropShot (Post 7125282)
Defs not a Rosol.

He will be a top 10 player one day.

Defs gonna be my favourite player after Federer retires.

Who is Def?

Fastpace Ace 01-16-2013 05:02 AM

Does he not quite look like 6 foot 8 to anyone, though? He looks like 6'5". Maybe it's just his frame, but even when shaking hands at net with Somdev who is below 6 ft. tall Janowicz still doesn't look 4 inches shy of 7 feet to me?

Steve0904 01-16-2013 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pound cat (Post 7125329)
Who is Def?

If you're not being sarcastic, it's a bit of an internet shortcut for the word definitely.

heninfan99 01-16-2013 05:20 AM

Well, if Gimelstob says it, it must be true! HAHAHA
JJ plays like a beast but he's not comparable to Del Potro. Delpo has very refined skills for a big man and moves amazingly well for his size.

To me JJ & Brands fill the Soderling void.

Fiji 01-16-2013 05:36 AM

Del Potro is better.

yonexRx32 01-16-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fastpace Ace (Post 7125293)
The dude has awesome hands and feel at the net for such a big guy. Sick groundies. Huge serve. Great court sense. Headed for top 20 and probably top 10.

He hit some pretty lousy drop shots at 5-2 in the final set. His opponent was very happy to capitalize on them and get back in the game. His hands didn't seem all that great last night. The fact that it took him a laborious five set last night, combined with the kindergarden meltdown over a line call makes me doubt that he'll live up to the hype.

Goosehead 01-16-2013 05:49 AM

for a start no way is berdych better that del potro so you can forget about that...either mentally or weapons..(esp if del potro shows the increasing power and shot selection he had at end of last year, few more slices and drop shots etc),

jj has alot of weapons so its going to be fun..top 10 defo...

rosol vs rafa was a decent journeyman player having the match of the century..if he did that all the time he would be challenging for world no1 rank instead of world no70 rank, or whatever.

PSNELKE 01-16-2013 06:43 AM

Lol they glorify him after a lucky 5 set victory against Somdev Devvarman??
Calling him better than Berdych and JMDP??

This board :oops::oops:

librarysteg 01-16-2013 07:00 AM

I like him a lot, but it seems like he has a very long way to go. Someone posted in a thread last night that they think he might not be ready emotionally for the huge and unexpected jump in rankings, and I think that might true. I love seeing that he has a lot of fight and doesn't let being down take him out of the match. I have a feeling he'll improve steadily this year and will be a factor in a lot of tournaments, but I'll be really surprised if he wins any this year.

Fastpace Ace 01-16-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yonexRx32 (Post 7125411)
He hit some pretty lousy drop shots at 5-2 in the final set. His opponent was very happy to capitalize on them and get back in the game. His hands didn't seem all that great last night. The fact that it took him a laborious five set last night, combined with the kindergarden meltdown over a line call makes me doubt that he'll live up to the hype.

He hit some great droppers too though and made it look easy, way better than guys of his size, and he volleys really well, better than Isner if that is saying anything. However, I agree , I was taken aback by his tantrum, didn't know he was like that, but we all get frustrated at times. :twisted:

DavaiMarat 01-16-2013 07:03 AM

The Next Safin.

IF only he would drop that hollow toy errr I mean Aeropro Drive.

He needs a Head frame.

DavaiMarat 01-16-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSNELKE (Post 7125562)

He's got a long way before we can call him that.

Potential yes. Fulfilling it is the hard part.

kishnabe 01-16-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

:lol:....they would be crucifying him, had he lost!

merwy 01-16-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I'm used to TT being nothing more than a bunch of clueless fanboys but this is just too much. I'm also starting to become a fan of JJ. But he's not better than his ranking indicates at the moment. Better than Berdych and Del Potro? Are you people stupid? Do Berdych and Del Potro almost lose to Devvarman? Del Potro just slaughtered his opponent yesterday, haven't seen Janowizc do that yet. I don't even know if he'll ever be as good those two, but he certainly isn't now. You've got to understand he has an everything or nothing style of play, usually not the kind of style you see at the top, for obvious reasons.