Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Racket Identification Please (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451163)

tennis_balla 01-16-2013 01:26 PM

Racket Identification Please
 
What's the racket underneath this PJ that a lot of the girls are using? Can't be a Juice, the head shape is different, throat area looks more squared off and no PWS.
Anyone know?



dgoran 01-16-2013 01:34 PM

I believe that is pt161 head instinct pro stock painted to look like Wilson

vsbabolat 01-16-2013 01:46 PM

Azarenka uses the same racquet. Wilson has copied the LM Instinct. Wilson has also copied the Prestige MP with many many players using it with Blade paint jobs.

dr325i 01-16-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_balla (Post 7126572)
What's the racket underneath this PJ that a lot of the girls are using? Can't be a Juice, the head shape is different, throat area looks more squared off and no PWS.
Anyone know?



Balla is checking the girls, again...
I am surprised you even noticed they have a racket in their hands...

tennis_balla 01-17-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 7126642)
Balla is checking the girls, again...
I am surprised you even noticed they have a racket in their hands...

Ahh man you're just jealous that you can't be in Prague anymore :) I was in the Old Town today, not too bad but seen better days.

dr325i 01-17-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_balla (Post 7129386)
Ahh man you're just jealous that you can't be in Prague anymore :) I was in the Old Town today, not too bad but seen better days.

Just wait for the ice to melt...some time late July...

tennis_balla 01-17-2013 02:53 PM

I wouldn't mind that. Went skiing yesterday, was great. Snowing again right now, lots of snow everywhere. Bought new ski boots, goggles, pants etc so I want to take full advantage of this beautiful weather :-D

Overdrive 01-17-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_balla (Post 7126572)
What's the racket underneath this PJ that a lot of the girls are using? Can't be a Juice, the head shape is different, throat area looks more squared off and no PWS.
Anyone know?



It is actually a BLX Juice but I don't know which one it is. I'm not a Wilson guy, so I don't follow their products very much.

tennis_balla 01-17-2013 04:05 PM

You guys are most likely right, it does look like a LM Instinct mold. How come Wilson is copying Head frames for players now? No one liking the pro sticks from them or did a bunch of Head guys move over to Wilson and wanted similar?

db10s 01-17-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7130137)
It is actually a BLX Juice but I don't know which one it is. I'm not a Wilson guy, so I don't follow their products very much.

Its painted to look like one... It isn't one though.

Relinquis 01-17-2013 04:39 PM

so wilson players use another manufacturers stick, or did wilson buy the mould or something from head?

Orange614 01-17-2013 08:29 PM

Could the first one (yellow visor) be a Babolat Aero?

dr325i 01-17-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_balla (Post 7130126)
I wouldn't mind that. Went skiing yesterday, was great. Snowing again right now, lots of snow everywhere. Bought new ski boots, goggles, pants etc so I want to take full advantage of this beautiful weather :-D

It was snowing in boring Dallas...
I am in Seoul, though, on my way to Shanghai.
Did you receive the package?

dr325i 01-17-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquis (Post 7130349)
so wilson players use another manufacturers stick, or did wilson buy the mould or something from head?

The H19 is a "copy" of the pt630 mold, so...
When Azarenka moved to wilson, they made her the exact copy of what she used minus the ridges...

tennis_balla 01-17-2013 11:05 PM

No package yet, not sure whats going on. Losing hope.

dr325i 01-17-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_balla (Post 7131109)
No package yet, not sure whats going on. Losing hope.

No one wants to deliver to that village....
I hate the postal service!

tennis_balla 01-18-2013 01:39 AM

Let's wait till the 24th and then decide what to do next.

Lavs 01-18-2013 02:45 AM

19x18 strings pattern. Almost sure it is LM Instinct just painted like Juice. Same as in Azarenka case. I doubt that it is really Wilson mold.

Relinquis 01-18-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr325i (Post 7131101)
The H19 is a "copy" of the pt630 mold, so...
When Azarenka moved to wilson, they made her the exact copy of what she used minus the ridges...

thanks. those pesky manufactures! trying to fool us with paint-jobs.

Lavs 01-18-2013 02:03 PM

any racket Wilson could be proud of after Pro Staff Original/Classic era? :)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse