Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anyone play in Temecula, CA? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451210)

limitup 01-16-2013 08:40 PM

Anyone play in Temecula, CA?

I know this probably isn't the right forum for this, but I'm desperate and haven't been able to get any responses in the other forums. I figured I'd try one last time here since this section is one of the busier sub-forums ...

Anyway I'm relocating to the Murrieta/Temecula area of CA soon, and I'm trying to find out what the tennis scene is like out there. I read an article from 2011 titled "Lack of courts frustrates Temecula tennis players" and I'm wondering if it's still the same situation. On the other hand, I haven't been able to find any tennis players in Temecula here or on a few other sites so I don't know why there would be a lack of courts lol

Anyway, if ANYONE out there lives in Murrieta or Temecula or even knows someone who does, and can shed some light on what the tennis scene is like, please reply back or shoot me a PM.

I'm a solid 4.0 player, working towards 4.5 and hopefully beyond, and I'm starting to get a little worried that I'm going to have to travel 45-60 mins to Riverside or San Diego once I move to find any serious competition.

sureshs 01-16-2013 09:01 PM

Try:

1. Craigslist
2. meetup.com

Hi I'm Ray 01-16-2013 09:19 PM

oh man, best of luck to ya.

Been down in temecula a couple of times to see some ppl. Its becoming more developed but still not too much going on. Don't stay in one place too long if you play at night, I got the worst mosquito bites in tmc one night, next day it looked like my leg got shot with paintballs (red bumps, not blue).

rkelley 01-16-2013 09:36 PM

There's a few of us in North County, San Diego. It's about 45 min. south of Temecula. I'd say we could meet up someplace in between, but there really is no place in between.

A couple of us are around 4.5 to 5.0, a couple more like 4.0.

limitup 01-17-2013 11:03 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. Anyone else?

There are over 200,000 people in Temecula/Murrieta so I figure there has to be a decent number of players out there. I hope!

sureshs 01-17-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkelley (Post 7127650)
There's a few of us in North County, San Diego. It's about 45 min. south of Temecula. I'd say we could meet up someplace in between, but there really is no place in between.

A couple of us are around 4.5 to 5.0, a couple more like 4.0.

If he is getting out of Temecula, Carlsbad is a lot closer for him and it is quite a hotbed with La Costa etc. Of course we would love to have him in North County

limitup 01-17-2013 01:30 PM

Yeah it's about 45 minutes to carlsbad, but I can't make that drive back and forth 4-6 times a week to play tennis. I'm hoping there are some active players in Murrieta/Temecula somewhere!