Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Asics GR4: Controversy over going half size down (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451244)

Boricua 01-17-2013 05:40 AM

Asics GR4: Controversy over going half size down

Hi! I am considering buying the GR4 as they seem like a good shoe and are on sale. I had the GR3 and wore 10.5 size. TW recommneds going half size smaller in these GR4s. In the customer reviews section there are mixed reviews, some favor going half size smaller and others say not to do that. So, its hard to decide. Do all TW playtesters agree on going half size smaller in the GR4s? Thanks.

jorel 01-17-2013 06:23 AM

i wore the 3s at 11.5 and went down to 11 in the 4s and they fit fine

Jeebs 01-17-2013 06:54 AM

I had to go a half down

TW Staff 01-17-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7128673)
Hi! I am considering buying the GR4 as they seem like a good shoe and are on sale. I had the GR3 and wore 10.5 size. TW recommneds going half size smaller in these GR4s. In the customer reviews section there are mixed reviews, some favor going half size smaller and others say not to do that. So, its hard to decide. Do all TW playtesters agree on going half size smaller in the GR4s? Thanks.

Boricua,

All of our playtesters, from Chris with a narrow width to Jason with a wide width, collectively all went down a half size. However, every foot is unique and there is no right answer.

Good luck!

Brittany, TW

NJ1 01-17-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7129163)
Boricua,

All of our playtesters, from Chris with a narrow width to Jason with a wide width, collectively all went down a half size. However, every foot is unique and there is no right answer.

Good luck!

Brittany, TW

Did they do the same for the GR5s? Or return to their usual half size up? Thanks in advance.

TW Staff 01-17-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ1 (Post 7129298)
Did they do the same for the GR5s? Or return to their usual half size up? Thanks in advance.

When I initially tried on the GR5s, I thought the felt just a tad long, but wouldn't go down a half size. But once I wore them on the court and started playing in them, I realized I would actually go down a half size, like what I did for the GR4s.

Jason, TW

NJ1 01-17-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7129318)
When I initially tried on the GR5s, I thought the felt just a tad long, but wouldn't go down a half size. But once I wore them on the court and started playing in them, I realized I would actually go down a half size, like what I did for the GR4s.

Jason, TW

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback, Jason. Very helpful indeed.

I hate having to send things back so as many expert comparisons of the GR4 vs GR5 fit are welcomed.

Brian11785 01-17-2013 12:58 PM

I didn't go a half size down. They were a little roomy. Put a second pair of socks on, and now they fit like a glove. So well that I ordered my replacement warranty pair at the same size.

They definitely run slightly big.

Maui19 01-17-2013 01:21 PM

I went down 1/2 a size and they were TIGHT. I sent them back and got the Challenger 8s. Then I got another pair of Challenger 8s. Then I decided never to get the most expensive model of tennis shoe anymore, because I often liked the cheaper versions better. Call me a heretic. ;)

Boricua 01-18-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian11785 (Post 7129866)
I didn't go a half size down. They were a little roomy. Put a second pair of socks on, and now they fit like a glove. So well that I ordered my replacement warranty pair at the same size.

They definitely run slightly big.

What is "replacement warranty pair"? Is that the warranty one uses during the first six months? How does it work?

NJ1 01-18-2013 06:17 AM

Certain Nike, adidas, Asics, Babolat, Wilson etc shoes have a 6 month sole warranty. If you put a hole through the rubber outsole exposing the foam then you send the shoes back to the manufacturer and they will send you either a new pair or a voucher for the cost of the shoes. The upper is not covered under warranty.

All the information to do this is contained on a card within the box of all shoes that feature a 6-month warranty.

Boricua 01-18-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ1 (Post 7131784)
Certain Nike, adidas, Asics, Babolat, Wilson etc shoes have a 6 month sole warranty. If you put a hole through the rubber outsole exposing the foam then you send the shoes back to the manufacturer and they will send you either a new pair or a voucher for the cost of the shoes. The upper is not covered under warranty.

All the information to do this is contained on a card within the box of all shoes that feature a 6-month warranty.

Thanks. I had the general idea but thanks for the details.

mykoh 04-11-2013 09:26 PM

so does this mean if i wear a US8 for my vapor 9s, i should go down half a size to 7.5 for both the GR4 and GR5?

TW Staff 04-12-2013 07:54 AM

mykoh,

We recommend going to down a 7.5 in the Asics Gel Resolution 4 and staying in your true size of 8 for the Gel Resolution 5.

Brittany, TW

keithfival 04-12-2013 08:19 AM

Coming from Tour Vision size 13, which was a roomy shoe, I should have stayed with the same size. 12.5 in the GR4 is pretty tight.

mykoh 04-13-2013 07:57 AM

Thanks Brittany! :)