Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   SS 2013 adizero (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451254)

adidasman 01-17-2013 07:14 AM

SS 2013 adizero

Just got my SS2013 adizero ensemble - the white crew, the gray shorts, and the yellow/white wristbands. The fabrics are fantastic - very stretchy and breathable, typical adizero - and I think the colors are really good. The gray shirts don't do a lot for me, but the white/yellow/gray looks sharp, and the yellow is a nice, warm yellow - not the harsh neon yellow of past years. You have to admit, the color combinations look sharp on TV (have Verdasco or Wozniacki ever looked better?); maybe it'll even make me look good. ;)

Babolast 01-17-2013 07:34 AM

Line looks great. Just hoping for some green in Adidas designs again for 2014.

Gasolina 01-17-2013 10:13 AM

how's it going adidasman? Not really fond of the grey shorts too. The wave pattern just kills it for me.

How's the fit? Same as adizero FW'12?

Any news on colors for FW'13? I wanna know if they're making CC feather 2's in a "safer" CW

NJ1 01-17-2013 10:22 AM

Huge price hike from those of 2012. Shame, as the Barricade shirts and shorts were a great deal when reduced to $33 and $28. Can't blame them though, Nike set the precedent so can see why they did this, but glad I got stocked up before this.

adidasman 01-17-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gasolina (Post 7129429)
how's it going adidasman? Not really fond of the grey shorts too. The wave pattern just kills it for me.

How's the fit? Same as adizero FW'12?

Any news on colors for FW'13? I wanna know if they're making CC feather 2's in a "safer" CW

Ha, ha, Gasolina - funny, but part of why I went adizero instead of adipower this time was the pattern on the shorts. I dig it. :) I didn't get any FW12 adizero this year, but the fit is consistent with adizero from other seasons; true to size, but just a wee bit trimmer. I'm 5'9" 170, and I got M shorts and an L shirt. (I actually ordered an M shirt originally; it fit well, but just felt a tiny bit snug around the middle. That's likely a problem with me, not the shirt.)

adidasman 01-17-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ1 (Post 7129448)
Huge price hike from those of 2012. Shame, as the Barricade shirts and shorts were a great deal when reduced to $33 and $28. Can't blame them though, Nike set the precedent so can see why they did this, but glad I got stocked up before this.

How can you compare reduced prices to just-released prices? Check it out; the prices are basically unchanged from FW 2012 when it originally came out. Apples and oranges, man.

NJ1 01-17-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasman (Post 7129472)
How can you compare reduced prices to just-released prices? Check it out; the prices are basically unchanged from FW 2012 when it originally came out. Apples and oranges, man.

Because the higher the regular price the higher the sale price will be. Simple. Barricade shirts were regularly priced on TW for $45 in 2012, now they are $55. Shorts were $37 and now they're $45. That's more than a 20% increase. Don't let your love for all things Adidas blind you, man.

adidasman 01-17-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ1 (Post 7129514)
Because the higher the regular price the higher the sale price will be. Simple. Barricade shirts were regularly priced on TW for $45 in 2012, now they are $55. Shorts were $37 and now they're $45. That's more than a 20% increase. Don't let your love for all things Adidas blind you, man.

Check the FW12 prices; they're still on the TW site down near the bottom of the adidas section. They're the same as SS13. I'm not "blinded" by anything - just correcting your misstatement.

NJ1 01-17-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasman (Post 7129567)
Check the FW12 prices; they're still on the TW site down near the bottom of the adidas section. They're the same as SS13. I'm not "blinded" by anything - just correcting your misstatement.

TW never sold them at that price so the misstatement is yours. Call TW and ask, they sold them all year at $45 and $37 respectively.

adidasman 01-17-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ1 (Post 7129609)
TW never sold them at that price so the misstatement is yours. Call TW and ask, they sold them all year at $45 and $37 respectively.

Sorry, but I think you're wrong. Whatever. Not worth arguing about. My recollection is that TW sells the stuff at list price when it first comes out, just as they're doing now. (If you go to shopadidas.com and find the new tennis gear, their prices are the same as TW's. Probably an agreement they have with the manufacturers when new lines come out.) If you got them cheaper, congrats. (Just a thought - if they say "was $65" and they never sold it at that price, wouldn't that be seriously misleading advertising?)

Gasolina 01-17-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adidasman (Post 7129467)
Ha, ha, Gasolina - funny, but part of why I went adizero instead of adipower this time was the pattern on the shorts. I dig it. :) I didn't get any FW12 adizero this year, but the fit is consistent with adizero from other seasons; true to size, but just a wee bit trimmer. I'm 5'9" 170, and I got M shorts and an L shirt. (I actually ordered an M shirt originally; it fit well, but just felt a tiny bit snug around the middle. That's likely a problem with me, not the shirt.)

Hehe I thought you said you didn't like the gray shorts. Might have to take a look in person.

I ordered the crew in Medium. Hope it fits :)

Don't really like the adipower line this year. I keep saying to myself I should move to adipower/barricade when I hit 30 but I've been putting it off.

There was a price increase but maybe from 2010. I remember edge polos were at $55 and the crew at $50.

T21D 01-17-2013 01:20 PM

adidasman check your PM

adidasman 01-17-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gasolina (Post 7129914)
Hehe I thought you said you didn't like the gray shorts. Might have to take a look in person.

I ordered the crew in Medium. Hope it fits :)

Don't really like the adipower line this year. I keep saying to myself I should move to adipower/barricade when I hit 30 but I've been putting it off.

There was a price increase but maybe from 2010. I remember edge polos were at $55 and the crew at $50.

No, it's the gray shirts I don't like. Funny that you say you feel you should change to adipower now that you're over 30; for what it's worth, I'm 53. :)