Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Baggy's 2 handed backhand (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451373)

nikdom 01-18-2013 01:38 AM

Baggy's 2 handed backhand

Watching the Baggy-Ferrer match right now and I'm loving the Baggy backhand. It's compact but there's easy power on that stroke and he can dictate with it.

I can always appreciate a beautiful one hander, but lately I'm really enjoying a 2 hander hit flat and deep. Somehow when the shot is hit with a lot of trunk rotation (like in Djoko's case), or loopy, I don't like it that much.

Anyone else feel the same way?

vive le beau jeu ! 01-18-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikdom (Post 7131362)
Watching the Baggy-Ferrer match right now and I'm loving the Baggy backhand. It's compact but there's easy power on that stroke and he can dictate with it.

I can always appreciate a beautiful one hander, but lately I'm really enjoying a 2 hander hit flat and deep. Somehow when the shot is hit with a lot of trunk rotation (like in Djoko's case), or loopy, I don't like it that much.

no you're not alone ! :)
his 2HBH is really smooth...
Quote:

Originally Posted by vive le beau jeu ! (Post 7123466)
i like baghdatis' 2HBH.
gulbis' is nice too (where the hell is ernests, by the way ? he didn't play the qualies !).

and among retired players, i'd say rios.

Defcon 01-18-2013 01:49 AM

He's a very loosy goosy player, like Fed a little bit, which is where the power comes from.

always_crosscourt 01-18-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikdom (Post 7131362)

Please tell me where the loopy 2hbh's are. I like loopy shots, and only some 1hbh's I can think of are loopy - 2hbh's are all the same flat, linear shot. Low height over the net, low bounce.

If you can think of a loopy 2hbh, please tell me who hits it? Nadal doesn't count because he actually moonballs the backhand (or did in 2011). There is no spin on the Nadal-moonball backhand, it is literally a lob to the baseline.

Defcon 01-18-2013 01:55 AM

Nadal has a very flat hard bh as well.

Blocker 01-18-2013 02:51 AM

Not helping him much though, Ferrer is beating him convincingly.

merwy 01-18-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by always_crosscourt (Post 7131378)
Please tell me where the loopy 2hbh's are. I like loopy shots, and only some 1hbh's I can think of are loopy - 2hbh's are all the same flat, linear shot. Low height over the net, low bounce.

If you can think of a loopy 2hbh, please tell me who hits it? Nadal doesn't count because he actually moonballs the backhand (or did in 2011). There is no spin on the Nadal-moonball backhand, it is literally a lob to the baseline.

Nah, Nadal hits a good topspin backhand. Djokovic also hits it loopy. The flat ones are Murray's and Berdych's for example.

Say Chi Sin Lo 01-18-2013 02:59 AM

Two handers for me, it'll be Safin's by mountains.

albatros_forehand 01-18-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by always_crosscourt (Post 7131378)

No spin on Nadal's backhand? Mate do some research before you post such nonsense

nikdom 01-18-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7131461)
Two handers for me, it'll be Safin's by mountains.

Safin was awesome too.