Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Raonic v. Kohlschreiber - R3 AO 2013 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451385)

Love Game 01-18-2013 04:55 AM

Raonic v. Kohlschreiber - R3 AO 2013
 
? WHO WILL WIN ?

Men's Singles - 3rd Round

Milos Raonic (CAN)[13] v. Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)[17]

Show Court 3
Fourth (Last) Match of the Day




Warmaster 01-18-2013 04:59 AM

Kohlschreiber in 4. They can both hold serve easily, but the return game of Milos isn't as good.

I hope Raonic can prove me wrong though.

joeri888 01-18-2013 05:06 AM

Hoping for kohli.

Duncan Bell 01-18-2013 05:08 AM

Yeah. Not Milos. Still not convinced

Love Game 01-18-2013 05:18 AM

I haven't seen much of Milos this year, but Kohli's been playing the best I've ever seen him, got back to the final of auckland after not being there since 2008

Whatever happened to that blonde GF that went everywhere with Kohli until at least six months ago? Maybe he's better off without her, cuz that's when he seemed to start doing better.

the mental game of tennis seems to be eluding Milos this year, so I'll choose Phil in Four ... and definitely Phil if it goes to five

I get teh impression that Raonic's coach is mean to him. The only way Milos could take it is in straights ..... don't think that's gonna happen, tho

Nostradamus 01-18-2013 05:20 AM

this should be interesting because Kohle returns serve incredibly well. if you neutralize Milos serve then he becomes kind of mad and goes wild.

tacou 01-18-2013 05:26 AM

Haven't seen either this week or Milos at all this year, but Philly played well in Auckland.

Kohl is the type of guy who could beat himself easily, but if he plays well he's got an all court game that can give the big guy a lot of trouble.

I will only say that I hope this goes an epic 5 sets.

West Coast Ace 01-18-2013 08:07 AM

Could be a great match. PK is another of the late bloomers (Seppi, Melzer) and seems to have found his way and with some nice wins (Nadal in Halle) now appears willing to fight and not capitulate. But still have to go with Raonic given the surface and conditions - in 4.

ruerooo 01-18-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Game (Post 7131672)
I

I get teh impression that Raonic's coach is mean to him.

Interesting. Where are you hearing this? What's he doing to him ...?

:shock:

Gonzo_style 01-18-2013 09:05 AM

Raonic in 4

GhostDog 01-18-2013 09:21 AM

Damn, I was hoping this was an early match. I'll try get to get up early to watch this one. I like Raonic in 4 or 5, though I won't be surprised of Kohly wins.

Love Game 01-18-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruerooo (Post 7132168)
Interesting. Where are you hearing this? What's he doing to him ...?

:shock:

Was it a little over a year ago that milos told the story how his coach treated him when he threw an on-court tantrum during some clay court tournament? I remember thinking that the "tantrum" was very minimal and that the coach's reaction was a serious OVERreaction and very mean. That's where I got the idea that his coach was mean to him. Then, when you watch the coach, he always seems to me to have an angry, disapproving look on his face. None of this is chapter and verse. It's nothing but my opinion. I have the impression that milos is unhappy, that he's being used as a trained animal to make as many contracts as possible so his agent and coach coach can take a cut of the money he's bringing in, and that milos is in control of very little in his life and that this makes him unhappy. just the way he hasn't fulfilled his potential as steadily as others of his size and ability have . . . just a hunch, nothing more . . .

Big_Dangerous 01-18-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7131674)
this should be interesting because Kohle returns serve incredibly well. if you neutralize Milos serve then he becomes kind of mad and goes wild.

Yeah and didn't Kohly take out Isner @ the US Open last year? So he really knows how to play against big guys that have big serves. This one should be a dandy. I had Kohly pulling the upset in my bracket, so we'll see if it happens. He's certainly playing some really good ball lately.

Geology_Rocks! 01-18-2013 10:17 AM

German in 4 I think.

Cheetah 01-18-2013 10:19 AM

Kohlschreiber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6YiMHI4NBg

tudwell 01-18-2013 10:32 AM

I like both these guys, so I'm happy whoever wins. I think Raonic will take it but wouldn't be surprised with a Kohlschreiber win.

always_crosscourt 01-18-2013 10:59 AM

Hoping Kohlschreiber.

Serve-bots are the bane of tennis.

ruerooo 01-18-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Game (Post 7132293)
Was it a little over a year ago that milos told the story how his coach treated him when he threw an on-court tantrum during some clay court tournament? I remember thinking that the "tantrum" was very minimal and that the coach's reaction was a serious OVERreaction and very mean. That's where I got the idea that his coach was mean to him. Then, when you watch the coach, he always seems to me to have an angry, disapproving look on his face. None of this is chapter and verse. It's nothing but my opinion. I have the impression that milos is unhappy, that he's being used as a trained animal to make as many contracts as possible so his agent and coach coach can take a cut of the money he's bringing in, and that milos is in control of very little in his life and that this makes him unhappy. just the way he hasn't fulfilled his potential as steadily as others of his size and ability have . . . just a hunch, nothing more . . .

Wow.

I was under the impression he was happy, training in Spain. I thought once he'd transferred his citizenship and started getting Canadian training support that he was feeling much better. (Plus his Tweets always seem cheery.)

I missed this whole thing.

forzamilan90 01-18-2013 11:21 AM

Hmmm court 3? Isn't thAt one of the faster ones. Raonic...

MindoverMatter 01-18-2013 01:05 PM

Since a lot of you haven't seen Raonic play this year I'll fill you in: not his best form.

I'm going Kohlschreiber in 4.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse