Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ALU Power Rough Alt (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451386)

maverick1981 01-18-2013 05:23 AM

ALU Power Rough Alt

Looking for a rough string that is comparable to ALU Power Rough, but with better tension maintenance. Any help would be appreciated. There are SOO many strings to pick from, having a hard time deciding. Price would not be the motivating factor, but similar comfort would be, if that helps anyone. thank you!

TennisCJC 01-18-2013 06:38 AM

SignumPro Tornado 17G. I have been using this for over a year - very good textured string. I find SigPro and Tecnifibre polys last a little longer than other polys. Tecnifibre BlackCode 17G is a good 5 sided poly but it is not twisted like Tornado.

I also am trying the Tecnifibre RuffCode 17G but have not played it yet.

I would demo those 3. Look on the web and you can get a reel of RuffCode for $170 and TW will match the price.

Volkl cyclone is good textured poly but for me, not as good as above - durability not as good and feel/power not quite as good.

Kirshbaum spiky shark is on sale at TW and I think it might be one of the better low cost options. Kirschbaum polys have pretty good durability.

Lots on love on TT for the Tourna polys and they are cheap but I have not tried them.

Try SigPro Tornado, TF BlackCode, and TF RuffCode for premium poly feel and better tension maintenace - just my opinion.

maverick1981 01-22-2013 07:40 AM

thank you for your reply

Fuji 01-22-2013 07:49 AM

Definitely check out Big Hitter Blue Rough. It's darn well identical to ALU Rough, minus the 3 hour life span.

-Fuji

JT_2eighty 01-22-2013 08:39 AM

Genesis Typhoon is a great one too. Amazing tension stability, as I find Big Hitter Blue Rough to last not much longer than ALU.

ALU, dead in about 3 hours.
BHBR, dead in about 5-8.
Typhoon can last well over 12 hours.

SP Tornado is probably the best, with a crisper feel than Typhoon.

Typhoon incorporates both Aluminum fibres and Teflon coating, and so does ALU. It does play softer than ALU, but holds tension much much more consistently.

db10s 01-22-2013 11:13 AM

Dunlop ICE.... And it holds tension.

maverick1981 01-23-2013 06:00 AM

Thanks everyone! lots to try I guess. Although ALU seems to be the one all others are compared to, its dead just too fast to keep up with, and becomes almost unplayable without a re-string.

Think there could ever be a 4G rough?

Lambsscroll 01-23-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick1981 (Post 7153217)
Thanks everyone! lots to try I guess. Although ALU seems to be the one all others are compared to, its dead just too fast to keep up with, and becomes almost unplayable without a re-string.

Think there could ever be a 4G rough?

I think so and I'm all over it!