Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What is the Best Dampener (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451445)

hyperion99 01-18-2013 12:18 PM

What is the Best Dampener
 
I'm trying to find what is the best dampener for a pro players racket.
For now I use a metal sheet grommet that I got in the hardware store that looks like a big O-ring.
It works fine but I'm trying to find better options(if there are any).


Thanks

mrmike 01-18-2013 12:31 PM

I pulled the stock Volkl dampeners off my racquets because they were buzzing. Put on Babolats and all was good. Using the new blue/red square ones as they don't seem to pop off as easily as the round versions did.

texacali 01-18-2013 01:43 PM

I use a giant Prince dampener from the 90's that completely stretches across strings at the bottom. Tried several others including the Gamma Redeye, Buzzkill, and TNT core dampener. They are OK but not the feel I was looking for. Still default to my old Prince...I guess I like a really board feeling racket.

Francis27 01-18-2013 02:36 PM

I like the Tecnifibre ones and the babolat custom damp. I use the black and white square one

slowfox 01-18-2013 04:10 PM

Rubber bands baby!

hyperion99 01-18-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowfox (Post 7133333)
Rubber bands baby!

I have tried using old fashioned rubber bands.
Didn't do much for me.

Are you using the Tourna rubber bands?

rev200g 01-18-2013 05:07 PM

I used to use rubber bands with good results but after awhile you had to replace them as the rubber eventually dried out or deteriorated.

Now I use "O" ring grommets made from silicone or rubber from the hardware/electrical supply store with even better results since they don't breakdown, they are almost as light and they dampen just as well.

lwto 01-19-2013 02:28 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

I have used all sorts of dampners and this is by far the best, Womans hair band.
It is light, virtually no weight.
It doesn't wear down like Rubber band.
It ties on a lot more secure than a rubber band.
You can get different sizes depending on how much you want to dampen.
Comes in all sorts of different colors
It is very cheap
It leaves a very small foot print.
It is very cool.

lwto 01-19-2013 02:30 AM



Another view on the racquet.

hyperion99 01-19-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwto (Post 7135052)
[IMG][/IMG]

I have used all sorts of dampners and this is by far the best, Womans hair band.
It is light, virtually no weight.
It doesn't wear down like Rubber band.
It ties on a lot more secure than a rubber band.
You can get different sizes depending on how much you want to dampen.
Comes in all sorts of different colors
It is very cheap
It leaves a very small foot print.
It is very cool.

Does it take out most of the vibration?

ArliHawk 01-19-2013 03:07 AM

I have tried many, and my 2 favorites are the Babolat Loony Damps and Prince Beast dampener. To me it depends on how much dampening you want.

lwto 01-19-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperion99 (Post 7135099)
Does it take out most of the vibration?

yep.. get a bigger one or use two and it will even dampen more.

hyperion99 01-19-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwto (Post 7135890)
yep.. get a bigger one or use two and it will even dampen more.

Thanks.
I'll keep it in mind.

tdhawks 01-19-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowfox (Post 7133333)
Rubber bands baby!

+1

Used to use the Sampras dampener, but it kept flying off. No problems with the rubber band.

corbind 01-19-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperion99 (Post 7132783)
I'm trying to find what is the best dampener for a pro players racket.
For now I use a metal sheet grommet that I got in the hardware store that looks like a big O-ring.
It works fine but I'm trying to find better options(if there are any).


Thanks

Take a look at the review...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...ighlight=dozen

hyperion99 01-20-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corbind (Post 7137427)

Thanks.
This will help a lot!

Lefty5 01-21-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdhawks (Post 7136270)
+1

Used to use the Sampras dampener, but it kept flying off. No problems with the rubber band.

I've been playing with the Sampras dampener for 20 years, never flown off on me once. Weird. Try not hitting the ball with your dampener maybe? :twisted:

Ramon 01-21-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty5 (Post 7144396)
I've been playing with the Sampras dampener for 20 years, never flown off on me once. Weird. Try not hitting the ball with your dampener maybe? :twisted:

Great advice! I've decided now that I'm only going to hit the ball in the center of the string bed from now on! :)

corbind 01-22-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty5 (Post 7144396)
I've been playing with the Sampras dampener for 20 years, never flown off on me once. Weird. Try not hitting the ball with your dampener maybe? :twisted:

Never been stuck at the net in doubles where a opponent hits an overhead at you while you stick out your racquet and the speeding ball hits your damp off? :shock:

maverick1981 01-22-2013 07:39 AM

Yonex. Small footprint on the stringbed, maintains good feel while reducing string bed vibes to nil. Ive tried others (to match the manuf of my raquets) but none have ever worked as well for 25+ years of using.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse