Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Will the Organix 10 Mid have enough power to punch through a wet Kleenex? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451448)

J011yroger 01-18-2013 01:25 PM

Will the Organix 10 Mid have enough power to punch through a wet Kleenex?

Small headsize, light weight, little stiffness.

I think I have seen this movie before.

J

LeeD 01-18-2013 01:40 PM

Depends....
Against Milos' fastest flat first serve, maybe not.
Against ElenaDementiva's second serve, it can pound a 100mph winner.

fuzz nation 01-18-2013 02:12 PM

Yep, looks to me as though that combo of heft and flex won't put all that much on the ball. I'd also expect the string bed to be slightly less lively in a mid layout that my C10's... and those are sort of mellow.

I tried the Yonex RQiS 1 Tour a while back and that racquet had some similar specs, including the static weight (don't recall the flex rating of the Yonex, but it was rather soft). Only after I put some 3/9 o'clock lead on the Yonex along with a bunch on the handle for the HL balance I prefer did that 95" frame come to life. In its stock layout with syn. gut at mid-range, there was just nothing to it. This O10 mid looks like it will perform a lot like that RQiS 1 out of the box.

LeeD 01-18-2013 02:18 PM

If the racket ALLOWS a player to swing faster with better contact, it can hit harder than even a PureDrive....for that player.
Not everyone can swing a PDR fast and consistent.
Kinda like, you don't need to take a VulcanMiniGun into a gunfight inside a hall closet, when an ordinary pistol can do the job just fine.

slowfox 01-18-2013 04:20 PM

Perhaps it was designed to be a platform for customization. Like pro stock..? I dunno.

Hominator 01-18-2013 07:53 PM

I actually found it to hit a heavy ball.

J011yroger 01-18-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hominator (Post 7133834)
I actually found it to hit a heavy ball.

You're a better man than I Charlie Brown.

J

Marcus 01-18-2013 08:38 PM

Wouldn't a poly at low tension help matters ?

Or Natty Gut / Poly ?

APG 01-18-2013 08:51 PM

I don't really understand how one knows how a racket will play until you actually spend time with it. Specs do not necessarily determine how a racket will play. The Organix sticks have a unique feel.

db10s 01-19-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 7133929)
Wouldn't a poly at low tension help matters ?

Or Natty Gut / Poly ?

He plays with poly, and sometimes Kevlar... He would be bankrupt playing with gut.

J011yroger 01-19-2013 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 7133962)
I don't really understand how one knows how a racket will play until you actually spend time with it. Specs do not necessarily determine how a racket will play. The Organix sticks have a unique feel.

Well, physics can't really be denied unless the spec is dubious.

It weighs this much, bends this much, swings this fast it is going to make the ball do X.

J

APG 01-19-2013 10:20 AM

Physics cannot be denied but it is constantly evolving.
I would put more credence in someone's actually experience hitting with the stick. Specs will put get you closer to a good fit but hitting for several hours will provide you with definitive information that "cannot be denied".

1st Seed 01-20-2013 05:28 AM

Mine is on the way,Bit the bullet without a demo,the PB 10 with lead is an absolute beast,Solid,stable,the open pattern really allows the balls to fly off the bed,More pop then my Vcore 89"
I have no doubt that with the extra head weight it"ll be ripping through wet kleenex,and my opponents.Really excited to hit this stick.i'll do my usual gut poly 50 lbs, and hit with it for a week,and ill post back to give a mini review.
take care

J011yroger 01-20-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1st Seed (Post 7139303)
Mine is on the way,Bit the bullet without a demo,the PB 10 with lead is an absolute beast,Solid,stable,the open pattern really allows the balls to fly off the bed,More pop then my Vcore 89"
I have no doubt that with the extra head weight it"ll be ripping through wet kleenex,and my opponents.Really excited to hit this stick.i'll do my usual gut poly 50 lbs, and hit with it for a week,and ill post back to give a mini review.
take care

Where do you put the lead? What is your normal setup?

J

1st Seed 01-20-2013 06:13 AM

hi Jolly,^^
My pb"s i have two 6" strips at 9&3,usually weigh them up to the 365g range,
Gut/poly 50lbs.For banging with the big boys the pb mid really delivers a blow.The open pattern is what sets this stick apart from most mids,along with the buttery smooth contact,really dampens the stick no unwanted feedback,
ill give it a go at stock to see how she plays and holds up to basline bashing.but ill have to lead it up for my likeing.never hit with an organix volkl,interesting to see how the technology will work.if it does at all?

J011yroger 01-20-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1st Seed (Post 7139699)
hi Jolly,^^
My pb"s i have two 6" strips at 9&3,usually weigh them up to the 365g range,
Gut/poly 50lbs.For banging with the big boys the pb mid really delivers a blow.The open pattern is what sets this stick apart from most mids,along with the buttery smooth contact,really dampens the stick no unwanted feedback,
ill give it a go at stock to see how she plays and holds up to basline bashing.but ill have to lead it up for my likeing.never hit with an organix volkl,interesting to see how the technology will work.if it does at all?

That sounds like a nice all-courter's setup for a player who hits a clean stinging flattish trajectory (slight hump 2-3' net clearance) with enough spin to stabilize the arc, and kick forward a bit when it hits the court.

I imagine it is solid and consistent in rallies, and has some sneaky pop when you need to sting one, but not something you would just want to constantly wail on the ball with and push the other guy through the back curtain.

J