Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Finally WTA is less boring: Good # of hot women in Round 4 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451490)

BigForehand 01-18-2013 09:10 PM

Finally WTA is less boring: Good # of hot women in Round 4
 
Even before tonight's match there's a good number of nice ones in round 4:

Azarenka
Kirilenko
Gorgeous
Ivanovic
Sharapova

and probably some I missed. Not bad!

Narcissist 01-19-2013 05:17 AM

Makes a nice change from the two hottest on the tour, Ana and MaKiri, getting ousted in r1 or 2.

forzamilan90 01-19-2013 08:57 AM

Hotness doesn't make up for the quality, style of play. I assume most of us watch the sport for the sport not for the looks.

ruerooo 01-19-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzamilan90 (Post 7135861)
Hotness doesn't make up for the quality, style of play. I assume most of us watch the sport for the sport not for the looks.

I watch for the sport, but for all the drooling on this board sometimes I think it's the opposite -- which I find especially ironic when those drooling make fun of us lady fans who notice how attractive the Men of Tennis tend to be.

#ironynotjusttheoppositeofwrinkly

ledwix 01-19-2013 10:45 AM

Yeah, nobody new though. Tsurenko would have been nice.

merwy 01-19-2013 10:52 AM

Do you guys really find Azarenka hot? She's a bit too.. i don't know, manly, for me. I love the other 4 though. I'm a Masha fan, even though I don't find her the prettiest, she just has that tiny bit of arrogance that I like.

kishnabe 01-19-2013 10:54 AM

Sharapova and Azarenka.....no thank you...they are ugly.

tennisBIEST 01-19-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merwy (Post 7136090)
Do you guys really find Azarenka hot? She's a bit too.. i don't know, manly, for me. I love the other 4 though. I'm a Masha fan, even though I don't find her the prettiest, she just has that tiny bit of arrogance that I like.

Redfoo "supports" her like a padded sports bra! Sharapova would step on our Dunlops and u'd be smiling like Gimelknob!

BigForehand 01-21-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzamilan90 (Post 7135861)
Hotness doesn't make up for the quality, style of play. I assume most of us watch the sport for the sport not for the looks.

if you want to see quality and style of play you watch ATP.

wta is just for looks, NOTHNG ELSE!

And Azarenka is hot, her face is ugly but with a brown bag over it she'd look nice, amazing body.

Masayoshi 01-21-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigForehand (Post 7144989)
wta is just for looks, NOTHNG ELSE!

And Azarenka is hot, her face is ugly but with a brown bag over it she'd look nice, amazing body.

Remember, this is one of the demographics that the WTA caters to, and I think they're very conscious of that - it definitely informs how the women dress. Sharapova (though I don't find her especially attractive) has milked her sexy+strong brand better than almost anyone else in the game, creating a whole franchise out of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not immune - Ana Ivanovic matches get way more time from me than they'd probably warrant otherwise. Lucky for me, she actually seems like a cool person and is at least somewhat exciting to watch since she just goes for broke all the time and is actually capable of great shotmaking.

Polaris 01-21-2013 05:59 PM

Disagree. WTA at the AO is stupid and boring. Everyone plays exactly the same way.

It was interesting while Kimiko Date was still around, with her weird continental grip shots and 1990s style court coverage. You can bet some of the girls lost to her because they were too dumb to figure out the variety in her game.

augustobt 01-21-2013 06:01 PM

I don't think that Azarenka has an ugly face... in fact I think It's very sweet. And she have big boobies.

sportsfan1 01-21-2013 06:05 PM

^^ +1. Just don't watch the pictures of her playing.

Ronaldo 01-21-2013 06:20 PM

Losers.............

Disgruntled Worker 01-22-2013 05:34 AM

^^^^
10 chars

THUNDERVOLLEY 01-22-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaris (Post 7145892)
It was interesting while Kimiko Date was still around, with her weird continental grip shots and 1990s style court coverage. You can bet some of the girls lost to her because they were too dumb to figure out the variety in her game.

Apparently, her "variety" was not too complicated for Jovanovski to figure out, then snuff out.

millicurie999 01-22-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masayoshi (Post 7145825)
Remember, this is one of the demographics that the WTA caters to, and I think they're very conscious of that - it definitely informs how the women dress. Sharapova (though I don't find her especially attractive) has milked her sexy+strong brand better than almost anyone else in the game, creating a whole franchise out of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not immune - Ana Ivanovic matches get way more time from me than they'd probably warrant otherwise. Lucky for me, she actually seems like a cool person and is at least somewhat exciting to watch since she just goes for broke all the time and is actually capable of great shotmaking.

You cannot be serious!! I like Ana too but certainly not for her tennis.

Polaris 01-22-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THUNDERVOLLEY (Post 7147862)
Apparently, her "variety" was not too complicated for Jovanovski to figure out, then snuff out.

Apparently, you don't understand the difference between being an entertaining (not boring) player, and being a victorious player. Good work by Jovanovski, she deserved her victory.

By rights, Date-Krumm should have been routined in straight sets by any first round WTA qualifier. The only reason she was able to reach the third round was because most of the current WTA regiment is dumb, and has sacrificed creativity for power. This is not a problem for people like you, but it happens to be a problem for people like me. So what?

BeHappy 01-22-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaris (Post 7145892)
Disagree. WTA at the AO is stupid and boring. Everyone plays exactly the same way.

It was interesting while Kimiko Date was still around, with her weird continental grip shots and 1990s style court coverage. You can bet some of the girls lost to her because they were too dumb to figure out the variety in her game.

I don't think being unable to figure Kimiko Date out means you're "dumb", she's like a female John McEnroe.

librarysteg 01-22-2013 09:30 AM

As a woman who likes playing tennis, I hate admitting this, but I also just can't get into the WTA no matter how hard I try. I can't even get as much out of it as you guys can since I can't get into the eye candy side of it.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse