Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   When is the next Wilson 90 coming? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451508)

HappyMilk 01-19-2013 01:01 AM

When is the next Wilson 90 coming?

The Wilson Prostaff 90 came out last year.. but when is the next generation coming out?

I own two Ksixone 90's and prefer them over the BLX 90 & maybe even the Prostaff 90.

:twisted:(always looking for the perfect weapon of choice)

baba123 01-19-2013 01:59 AM

Next year
They release a new '90 bi-annually

TTech321 01-20-2013 01:21 PM

I'm also waiting for the next wilson 90 to come out, I was planning on picking up a pair of the PS 90s, but with all the negative chatter about the quality and construction of this iteration of the 90, I think I'll pass and still with the BLX and Kfactor 90s, I still have.

Say Chi Sin Lo 01-20-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTech321 (Post 7141424)
I'm also waiting for the next wilson 90 to come out, I was planning on picking up a pair of the PS 90s, but with all the negative chatter about the quality and construction of this iteration of the 90, I think I'll pass and still with the BLX and Kfactor 90s, I still have.

That's unlikely to change as long as these Tour 90's are produced by Wilson. So stop waiting for the next Tour 90.

TTech321 01-20-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7141605)
That's unlikely to change as long as these Tour 90's are produced by Wilson. So stop waiting for the next Tour 90.

Well if they don't start producing decent racquets they are gonna continue to see their players change yo other brands like Babolat, Head, or Yonex; I heard Yonex makes quality racquets. It's just i'm use to the way my 90 plays, but if Wilson insists on producing a sub-par product, then I'd have no choice but to switch. I don't feel like shelling out 400 bucks for a pair of sticks that won't play they same, and will fall apart within 6 months.

Say Chi Sin Lo 01-20-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTech321 (Post 7142592)
Well if they don't start producing decent racquets they are gonna continue to see their players change yo other brands like Babolat, Head, or Yonex; I heard Yonex makes quality racquets. It's just i'm use to the way my 90 plays, but if Wilson insists on producing a sub-par product, then I'd have no choice but to switch. I don't feel like shelling out 400 bucks for a pair of sticks that won't play they same, and will fall apart within 6 months.

I don't the quality of Wilson and its Tour 90's are bad. It's the quality control that gets people. It's very likely that your Tour 90's do not have the advertised specs. Weight is a little heavier/lighter, racquet is more headlight/headheavy, that kind of thing.

cork_screw 01-20-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTech321 (Post 7142592)

These racquets don't fall apart after 6 months. And they aren't sub-par either. These are pretty gross exaggerations. Wilson makes good products, they might not be gram for gram up to spec, but all the head Austrian made sticks are way more off than Wilson's current sticks. I've had pro tour 630's that ranged a bunch in weight and flex. Some of the paint colors were slightly different from each other, but you don't hear people whine about Austrian stick do you? In fact people praise them. Just stop the theatrics here. Not everything is as bad as people here make it. Just a lot of whine.

djdannyj25 01-20-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTech321 (Post 7141424)

Construction of the racquets is fine, they just vary a lot in weight and balance. Just pay TW an extra 10 dollars to get the tour 90 to your BLX90 and K90 specs. Easy and simple.