Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What will Tomic accomplish this year? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451510)

Jeffrey573639 01-19-2013 01:47 AM

What will Tomic accomplish this year?
 
Poll coming shortly

smoledman 01-19-2013 01:47 AM

Top 20, probably win another title somewhere. Another GS Quarterfinal at Wimbledon.

Candide 01-19-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7134935)
Top 20, probably win another title somewhere. Another GS Quarterfinal at Wimbledon.

Agreed. That would be a great year for him. Top ten is teen fantasy that he should have kept for under the doona (look it up) for the small hours of the night.

Prisoner of Birth 01-19-2013 01:52 AM

I'll say Tomic ends 2014 in the top 10. Definitely.

Colin 01-19-2013 01:52 AM

If he doesn't fall off a balcony wrestling with a bathing-suit-clad male friend after a drunken hot-tub soak (thanks to Chris Fowler for the one interesting tidbit to spew from his mouth ever) or die in a fiery wreck while snorting coke off a steering wheel first, then I think he could win a couple 500s, maybe semis at a master's.

smoledman 01-19-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 7134958)
If he doesn't fall off a balcony wrestling with a bathing-suit-clad male friend after a drunken hot-tub soak (thanks to Chris Fowler for the one interesting tidbit to spew from his mouth ever) or die in a fiery wreck while snorting coke off a steering wheel first, then I think he could win a couple 500s, maybe semis at a master's.

Yeah Tomic has to start showing what he can do in Masters 1000 events.

Jeffrey573639 01-19-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7134963)
Yeah Tomic has to start showing what he can do in Masters 1000 events.

I doubt he'll win one but quaters at one or two would be great for him. I can definitely see him getting to one at Cincy or Paris where the fast courts help him a lot

Colin 01-19-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7134963)
Yeah Tomic has to start showing what he can do in Masters 1000 events.

Those master's series tournaments are about as hard to win as a major. Look at how long poor David Ferrer had to wait — till the Top 4 withdrew from or tanked the Paris Masters because of the scheduling change that put it a week before the WTFs.

Before then, the most recent ones to win outside the Top 4 are Soderling and Roddick, guys with big credentials. It's rare to see an unheralded player make it far. Tomic might have to pull a Jerzy Janowicz in Miami with Nadal and Fed out. (Might as well give that one to Novak now, though.)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse