Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Svetlana Kuznetsova interesting shoe choice (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451712)

lidoazndiabloboi 01-20-2013 05:12 PM

Svetlana Kuznetsova interesting shoe choice

While watching the Svetlana Kuznetsova vs Wozniacki match, I noticed that she was using the Jordan CP3 VI shoe. Looking back at some pictures, she also used the Kobe VI Camo in the beginning of the year

I know the durability on the Kobe VI is not good for outdoors, but is an awesome shoe to play in.

Images Courtesy of Getty Images

MAXXply 01-20-2013 05:42 PM

You should mention this in the "Can you use basketball shoes for tennis" (etc) thread :)

Maybe Svetlana is a keen baller

2ManyAces 01-20-2013 05:43 PM

just about to post this thread.. took the words right out of my mouth

2ManyAces 01-20-2013 05:44 PM

apparently she is with a Chinese company called Qiaodan.

anyone see a striking resemblance between the Air Jordan logo and that of Qiaodan?

thejackal 01-20-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ManyAces (Post 7142118)

anyone see a striking resemblance between the Air Jordan logo and that of Qiaodan?

hahahaa

"Jordan" is pronounced "Qiaodan" in mandarin Chinese. straight-up copycat.

Overdrive 01-20-2013 06:25 PM

Okay, those are tennis shoes right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lidoazndiabloboi (Post 7142043)
While watching the Svetlana Kuznetsova vs Wozniacki match, I noticed that she was using the Jordan CP3 VI shoe. Looking back at some pictures, she also used the Kobe VI Camo in the beginning of the year

I know the durability on the Kobe VI is not good for outdoors, but is an awesome shoe to play in.

I hope Kuznetsova isn't dumb enough to wear basketball shoes! :confused:

Seth 01-20-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ManyAces (Post 7142118)

There is/was a lawsuit between Jordan and Qiaodan over this.

Overdrive 01-20-2013 06:38 PM

I just saw that tattoo on her bicep!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lidoazndiabloboi (Post 7142043)

What is that? I just noticed it right now..

augustobt 01-20-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejackal (Post 7142186)
hahahaa

"Jordan" is pronounced "Qiaodan" in mandarin Chinese. straight-up copycat.

ahahahahhahahahaa they weren't very discrete.

Gasolina 01-21-2013 08:51 AM

You can wear low cut basketball shoes for tennis. I think they're the closest in terms of build.

However, there are some drawbacks. The sole being the biggest. Tread in basketball shoes are smaller, and some are made for indoor courts. Safe to say it won't last long in hardcourts.

NLBwell 01-21-2013 11:55 AM

I don't think Kuznetsova would have a problem playing in basketball shoes. They are built for lateral support and cushioning like tennis shoes. The sole, of course, is not made for durability, but she can throw them away after one match.

2ManyAces 01-22-2013 02:41 PM

comparison between Jordan and Qiaodan logos.

tennisdj 01-22-2013 08:23 PM

Ugly as hell!! :evil:

Bri-guy 03-11-2013 09:39 PM

Still rocking the Jordans

But why the hell is she wearing the Chinese knockoff brand (considering the Jordan lawsuit) with them. Oh well. She lost to Bartoli anyways.

Look at those legs though..... :shock:

Cheers!

fantom 03-12-2013 03:31 AM

Heheh. They even used Jordan's silhouette to make the logo.

Just sad...

http://micgadget.com/23218/nike-supp...rdan-in-china/

mmk 03-12-2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bri-guy (Post 7267277)

But why the hell is she wearing the Chinese knockoff brand (considering the Jordan lawsuit) with them. Oh well. She lost to Bartoli anyways.

Look at those legs though..... :shock:

Cheers!

She is wearing them because she is being paid to; any lawsuit would only affect the company, not her.