Head IG Prestige Pro
Hi TW guru's. I need some advise. I'm currently playing with the Head Youtek Prestige MP (non IG) - i love this stick and always goes back to it. I also play with the Dunlop BioMax 200G, which in my opinion is very similar, except for the string pattern. Nothing feels like the Youtek Prestige Midplus for me, but i can do with that little extra power and spin from the open string pattern.
It would seem to me, that if you combine these two racquets it would give you the Prestige Pro, but i have some concerns. I have read a few reviews on the IG Prestige Pro, and alot of people commented that the weight of the racquet is substantially lower that what is advertised - sometimes the difference is as much as 15 to 20grams, which is quite a bit. Now to my questions:
1) Is this weight problem common with the IG Prestige Pro, is it indeed a problem, and does it apply the non IG Prestige Pro as well? (I can still get the non IG Prestige Pro's, so if this is a problem with the IG models, then i'd rather go for the non IG)
2) I cant get the Prestige Pro's from any dealers in my country, as they don't bring them in, so i would have to order from TW. What if i get my IG Prestige Pro and i weigh it, and there is a big difference in the actual and specified weight?
1) I weighed a couple YTPP and they all weighed just around 11.6 oz. They all had a synthetic grip on rather than the leather. The weight should be around the weight advertised if you remove the leather and switch out with synthetic.
2) you can ask TW to customize it to your liking with an extra fee. ( i believe $30. ) which does save the time to balance and weigh if you don't have any access to a scale and balance board. Or I'm pretty sure you can ask them to give you the lowest weight IG Prestige Pro and you can add weight from there with lead tape.
Thanks for your reply. It doesn't answer my questions though. It seems to me the weight difference is much higher in the IG models than the non IG models.
I have a scale, balance board, lead tape etc., but i dont feel that i have to ask/pay TW to customise a racquet because the actual specs are too different from what it should be.
So, theoretically, i should ask/pay TW to find me two racquets that actually weigh as much as they're supposed to:confused: I'm not ok with that.
Errrr, ok. I've never had to ask this to the customer service line but try asking if they can pick out the racquets that are closest to the specs advertised. I read somewhere that they are able to do that free of charge. They open tomorrow morning at 6:00 am or 6:30 am.
IMO, i would just save the time and straight up order the racquets. The specs is something to worry about after you get them. The chances has nothing to do with the outcome. Once you order and you find that they aren't the specs you wanted, go do all the weighing and make your modifications. I haven't noticed a substantial difference in weight for my IG Prestige pros when i first got them. They both have about the same amount of lead on all 3 of them.
Just to clarify:
1) I'd like to know if the difference in actual weight is more with the IG Prestige Pro models than the older Youtek Prestige Pro models (this will directly affect which model i choose). I do understand that no two racquets will ever be 100% identical, but anything more than 4 grams in the static weight is unacceptable in my books - its the same process, same mold, same materials, or is Head's quality control just rubbish?
2) I would gladly make use of TW's customization / racquet matching services - i think it's awesome - i have nothing bad whatsoever to say about TW, and all my previous dealings with them has been exceptional. It just worries me that i might order a racquet, expecting certain specs, and getting something different, then either having to customize, or pay TW to do it for me.:confused:
3) I have a few Dunlop racquets, and their specs are exactly the same as advertised and printed on the throat...Don't see why Head cant achieve this.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:36 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse