Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   PST Substitute (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451732)

TennisCanada1 01-20-2013 08:32 PM

PST Substitute
 
What would be a substitute of the Babolat PST but with another brand

for the brands:

Wilson- (16x19 blade with lead?) where would i put the lead, etc.

Head- (speed mp with lead, radical pro?)

this is what i would think but I need your knowledge!

parasailing 01-20-2013 08:36 PM

What are you specifically looking to address that the PSTGT does offer? I currently using it and been trying out some of the newer racquets.

TennisCanada1 01-20-2013 08:37 PM

im just curious to know what plays closest to that racquet but another brand

Andyroo10567 01-20-2013 08:38 PM

Well, what were you looking for that the PST didn't have? Did you try testing out strings/tension adjustments to see if that would help? Adjusting the tension/string might be a better choice over coughing up $120-$190! LOL

Abababababab. I was a couple minutes to late on this one!

Andyroo10567 01-20-2013 08:43 PM

I found that the Microgel Prestige MP played pretty close to the PST

parasailing 01-20-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 7142510)
I found that the Microgel Prestige MP played pretty close to the PST

Yeah, I beat you to the punch :). But isn't the Microgel Prestige MP a 18x20 string pattern? Usually 18x20 string patterns don't have much oomph though they do offer great control. The benefits of the PSTGT are ease of power, control, and solid plush feel.

The only downside is serving with it. It can be a bit sluggish serving with it thus my reason for looking for something that offers similar traits but is easier to serve.

TennisCanada1 01-20-2013 08:50 PM

its not about the performance. its that they are flimsy pieces of ****. ive broken 4 of them in the last few months and i dont throw my racquet, they break because they arent good quality. i am just looking for a racquet that is currently on the market that is not babolat and is close to the pst.

Andyroo10567 01-20-2013 08:59 PM

LOLLLL. Babolat has a 1 year warranty on the racquets. Now go call in and tell them what happened. Your honesty will take a big toll in this. They can tell if you slammed the racquet and whatnot. So if you really did break 4 of them, i suggest asking Babolat for replacements. With those replacements go sell them on E(bay) or sell them to TW/Classifieds.

Andyroo10567 01-20-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parasailing (Post 7142522)
Yeah, I beat you to the punch :). But isn't the Microgel Prestige MP a 18x20 string pattern? Usually 18x20 string patterns don't have much oomph though they do offer great control. The benefits of the PSTGT are ease of power, control, and solid plush feel.

The only downside is serving with it. It can be a bit sluggish serving with it thus my reason for looking for something that offers similar traits but is easier to serve.

Right right.... Forgot 18x20. You are right about the oomph. But, if you can, go demo some and check them out. I served great with it! :)

mikeler 01-21-2013 05:40 AM

For the extended length PST the Pro Kennex 7G is fairly close.

TennisCanada1 01-21-2013 06:21 AM

im talking about the standard pst. does anybody know what head or wilson racket would be most similar that is

-on the current market
-not 18 x 20
- not extended

parasailing 01-21-2013 09:06 AM

I am not sure there is actually one that is comparable to the PSTGT in stock form and other racquets you are going to have to customize them in order to get them to feel anything like this racquet. I have purchase and demoed my fair share of racquets and so far none play like it in stock form.

TennisCanada1 01-21-2013 09:06 AM

I said in my first post that suggestions can include adding lead tape

counterpuncher 01-21-2013 11:36 AM

This has been a long odyessy for me to. Closest that i have found are the PK Ki 5, Donnay P1, Yonex Rdis 200, EZ Xi 98 and IG Rad Pro, in that order. The Blade 16/19 may also be close, but I haven't hit with it.

p.s. I hit with the original Speed 16/19 and even with 10 grams of lead tape at 3 and 9, the torsional stability was terrible. The last couple of models may be better or even a healthily leaded up Elite might be a better option.

KenC 01-21-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by counterpuncher (Post 7144668)
This has been a long odyessy for me to. Closest that i have found are the PK Ki 5, Donnay P1, Yonex Rdis 200, EZ Xi 98 and IG Rad Pro, in that order. The Blade 16/19 may also be close, but I haven't hit with it.

The Ki5 315 is very similar and I actually prefer it slightly to my PSTs. The PST might have a slight edge in power but the Ki5 is so comfortable and this is especially noticeable after an hour or more of play. It takes a lot more effort to serve hard with the PST.

Bartelby 01-21-2013 11:19 PM

The reality is that these Babolats have a particularly bad reputation with many different people complaining about build quality, so it's very wise to change brands.




Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 7142543)
LOLLLL. Babolat has a 1 year warranty on the racquets. Now go call in and tell them what happened. Your honesty will take a big toll in this. They can tell if you slammed the racquet and whatnot. So if you really did break 4 of them, i suggest asking Babolat for replacements. With those replacements go sell them on E(bay) or sell them to TW/Classifieds.



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse