Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Federer ruining my game. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=451771)

aceroberts13 01-21-2013 06:21 AM

Federer ruining my game.

He gives me too many bad ideas. There's no telling how many unforced errors he's cost me during my entire tennis "career." Ever since I started playing, he's made me think I can do things I have no business even contemplating on a tennis court. Thanks a lot, Rog.

The Bawss 01-21-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceroberts13 (Post 7143714)
He gives me too many bad ideas. There's no telling how many unforced errors he's cost me during my entire tennis "career." Ever since I started playing, he's made me think I can do things I have no business even contemplating on a tennis court. Thanks a lot, Rog.

You should be thankful you are not a professional tennis player or he would have ruined your livelihood as well with a smile on his face, no less.

Relinquis 01-21-2013 06:50 AM

I tried a drop-shot return of serve because of him today... didn't work, just made me look the fool...

heninfan99 01-21-2013 07:18 AM

Here's the key. Play only people two levels lower than you. Then upon winning run (I mean RUN) over to your bag and pull out a fake Rolex.

Then father twins and you're golden.

slowfox 01-21-2013 08:06 AM

Rec players probably shouldn't emulate Fed. There was talk in the Tips forum about his "chop" slice backhand, and how hard it is to do. That's cuz it's unique to Fed.

kalyan4fedever 01-21-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bawss (Post 7143723)
You should be thankful you are not a professional tennis player or he would have ruined your livelihood as well with a smile on his face, no less.

loled :) + 10 chars

smoledman 01-21-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heninfan99 (Post 7143866)
Here's the key. Play only people two levels lower than you. Then upon winning run (I mean RUN) over to your bag and pull out a fake Rolex.

Then father twins and you're golden.

How did he beat Nadal 10 times? :confused::confused::confused:

always_crosscourt 01-21-2013 08:26 AM

You should emulate your game on Isner's instead.

Grow a few feet taller, then hit unstoppable serves. The most important shot in the game.

bhallic24 01-21-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relinquis (Post 7143803)
I tried a drop-shot return of serve because of him today... didn't work, just made me look the fool...

ha funny u mentioned this. i did this once successfully back to back in a game off the guys second serve. but never again.

maybe if I can wield roger's racket.

TheNatural 01-21-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

That sounds a lot like what Rafa has been doing to the Fed during his 8-2 slam domination of him. :)

aceroberts13 01-21-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowfox (Post 7143998)
Rec players probably shouldn't emulate Fed. There was talk in the Tips forum about his "chop" slice backhand, and how hard it is to do. That's cuz it's unique to Fed.

Oh certainly. I'm by no means actively pursuing a style of game similar to Fed's - as in trying to play just like him, but man I'll get that moment of inspiration in a point and I just can't help it sometimes. I go for the most impossible thing because I've seen Fed pull it off. Pure and unfiltered foolishness. :oops:

Cup8489 01-21-2013 08:52 AM

The problem is that fed is a 15.0.

jonahnaturals 01-21-2013 08:55 AM

Thanks from me as well, Rog. Thanks also to Kohlshreiber, Wawrinka, Henin, an all others who make me believe that I can hit the one-hander as well as they can.

Defcon 01-21-2013 10:43 AM

But one day the impossible shot WILL go in. And that moment of exhilaration and the memory is what we live for!

You'll lose the point the next 1000 times you attempt the same shot, tear your hair out and go mad, but so what ;)

Candide 01-21-2013 12:23 PM

Perfect Day

Quote:

This is brilliant. It sums up my whole ridonkulous game. If I had a penny for every time I tried a one handed backhand topspin drive down the line or a super shallow backhand across the court or a overhead backhand smash I'd be a wealthy man. It's pure fantasy but as Defcon said the odd time it comes off I get such a dopey high it seems worth it.

"Just a perfect day
You make me forget myself
I thought I was someone else
Someone good"

Warmaster 01-21-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candide (Post 7144847)
This is brilliant. It sums up my whole ridonkulous game. If I had a penny for every time I tried a one handed backhand topspin drive down the line or a super shallow backhand across the court or a overhead backhand smash I'd be a wealthy man. It's pure fantasy but as Defcon said the odd time it comes off I get such a dopey high it seems worth it.

"

Nailed it!

My favourite would be the cheeky dropshot instead of the easy forehand.

DeShaun 01-21-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNatural (Post 7144103)
That sounds a lot like what Rafa has been doing to the Fed during his 8-2 slam domination of him. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSIx60skGJM

SwankPeRFection 01-21-2013 02:28 PM

It's not like a normal player cannot pull off these one-off shots and as said by the others in this thread, it does happen. Our problem is that we hit one, get high off it, and continue to try and hit the amazing shots that Fed makes seem easy.

That's the thing with players of his caliber. They make things seem really easy. The same shots you have to be high on endorphins and in the zone to hit, he hits like it's another simple shot. But hey, look at it this way... at one point in time, he couldn't hit them either.

The Bawss 01-21-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection (Post 7145313)
It's not like a normal player cannot pull off these one-off shots and as said by the others in this thread, it does happen. Our problem is that we hit one, get high off it, and continue to try and hit the amazing shots that Fed makes seem easy.

That's the thing with players of his caliber. They make things seem really easy. The same shots you have to be high on endorphins and in the zone to hit, he hits like it's another simple shot. But hey, look at it this way... at one point in time, he couldn't hit them either.

Yea when he was like 9 or something. The guy has had this talent for ever.

fed_is_GOD 01-21-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

LOL.... thank god i dont play tennis.. i would have done the same if i did...